How do you efficiently use Radbolts? They can't traverse walls, there's no way of detecting them, and if you need to load a Radbolt Engine or an Interplanetary loader, they'd have to be exposed to space (your radbolt producion facilities would have to have a hole on them). I suggest using something similar to Transit Tube Crossings or Heavi-Watt Joint Plates and create some sort of Radbolt crossing plate, which would allow for more efficient space usage of them and make them less dangerous (you wouldn't have to make your radiation facility with a hole on it)

Right now, you can transfer radbolts in a way that prevents gas and temperature exchange by making use of the fact that they can travel diagonally down between tiles:
image.png.7fb38dcc3922102e1377e91052b10add.png

I do think there should be some kind of tile-crossing radbolt reflector, though. Not a lot of people seem to know about this corner thing and it would be good to have in general.

On the topic of efficiency, I wish there was some kind of building that let you build up radbolts to shoot them in higher bunches - since bolts lose charge as they travel through the world, the efficiency of your delivery depends on both the distance of the travel and the size of the radbolts (currently only 50). I think it would be useful to have a building that could shoot bigger radbolts. The research reactor itself, maybe?

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

Right now, you can transfer radbolts in a way that prevents gas and temperature exchange by making use of the fact that they can travel diagonally down between tiles:

Would you look at that? Thank you for the insight!

1 hour ago, TuxSam123 said:

But wouldn't the radiation leak?

Iirc the radiation doesn`t "leak". Blocking it from spreading won`t increase the amount inside. Meanwhile walls don`t fully block radiation either so as long as dupes don`t walk close to the liquid lock (which they shouldn`t or they get radbolted) they won`t get irradiated.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, Electroely said:

I just made a setup like this...  It does no longer work like this...

So I guess doors with loosing atmosphere while and replenishing afterward is now a must.. ?

radpolttransport.png

PS I also tried instead of that "wheezworth reactor" taking two generators just starting with space radiation and shooting radbolts at each other.. the collusion now only results in an extremely weak radiactive germs only temporarily increasing radiation level by 1-2.. and radbolts/per of the generators totally unaffected...

3 minutes ago, Oxygenbreather said:

I just made a setup like this

Except not, your's are trying to shoot diagonally upwards, the direction is very important for some reason. 

Thanks I wouldn't have guessed that matters...  Below that one indeed works without using complicated door setups. 

Having a working cannon with sensible reloading spead on the start planet should really help to aid on the other asteroids...

radpolttransport.thumb.png.a7dcd0ce4134aee02c33df5444f97ff2.png

3 wheezworths is 96 radbolts per day (~ radbolt 2 shoots) per generator..  

Yeah, it will be good to have a radbolt crossing plate. Currently a drop of water/liquid plays this role.

To reduce the radbolt loss - reduce the distance for them to travel - ideally just to one tile

Using a simple setup below I colonize all planets in one trip by sending enough gold/metal first by the orbital package sender and then sending a rocket with trailblazer. I used similar setup when pips were available (not on the current classic-style map) and first made a closed room and plant wheezworth with pips and then removed the cover.

And if you make a p water drops (small amount to combat evaporation) it will create enough poxygen atmosphere to chill the system down if it is needed even without any closed room (or make an adjacent room with a drop of water to air tight the rooms.

Similar setup works for atomic research. No automation is needed. As soon as the radbolt package hits the atomic research station charging it, a dup runs to do the research (priority 9) and he/she completes the research block long before the next rad package is sent.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.24c8c85839863923c344177af16d1944.png

Archived