Suggstion: Allow us to put dupes into cryo sleep.

The DLC introduced cryo sleep chambers that contain random dupes.  If we could build these things in our colony and use them to place dupes in stasis then we'd have the means of freezing non-essential dupes during times of food and oxygen shortages, outbreaks (if diseases ever regain teeth), and during space travel to outlying asteroids.

Superb idea, would reduce the amount of executions in my colonies, due to Klei not handing out water geysers. Perhaps the initial cryo sleep activation costs hydrogen and power + permanent power upkeep of 5w per cryo chamber.

Maybe we could also freeze dupes by pouring fluid hydrogen on to them. If Klei someday is "done", then I`ll build my hydrogen waterfall.

image.thumb.png.0aa01ddc9bcf40b0c5b1bc1faa0085f6.png Cycle 2122

I like this idea. Would work great for long range space travel as well. Another thing i`d like to see is cryo chambers for critters. This way you can keep your rare morphs alive without having to feed them but for the continous power/liquified gas cost.

I would love to see some late game cryo chamber tech, but it would have to have a cost to not trivialize space travel survival. Power consumption is a must (And if it runs out for a certain period of time, the Dupe dies), and consumption of small quantities of a coolant of sorts would be nice. Liquid Hydrogen is an idea, but it could also be Visco Gel (Cause I really want another use for it)

17 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

Power consumption is a must (And if it runs out for a certain period of time, the Dupe dies),

Lets not be too harsh. If the power goes out the dupe wakes up with hypothermia. Then possibly starves to death if you didn`t provide food though.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Lets not be too harsh. If the power goes out the dupe wakes up with hypothermia. Then possibly starves to death if you didn`t provide food though.

But I like being severely punished for my mistakes, and yes that's completely sane and normal :wilson_ecstatic:

Hypothermia or some other status giving them minus stats, or better yet faster calorie drain rate is also fine.

I find the cryo dupe chambers a really good idea...also the radbolt battery idea from @goboking

Maybe the cryo dupe freeze chambers would run on radbolts ? A radbolt per day, keeps the doctor away.

Also dupe torchlights would be nice, which they can use in darkness. That could look amazing in the dark !

image.png.15a3803bf7814bbdd52d0046c5db2dba.pngimage.png.1e43bcf33ea3a7667d5f38b9835d376b.pngimage.thumb.png.8e1a4bce9a06518e99d643c589f40a65.png

Torchlights only work with adapters in the game. The dupes loose adapters every day, so they need to be produced in the adapter production building.

Dr. babba

Archived