Put hamlet and shipwrecked content in the same world

Here's an idea, put the in content already made in shipwrecked and hamlet in dst, but have everything in the same world. have the shipwrecked islands in one region have the hamlet islands accessible by sea and put them in another region and put the mainland in another. Each region would have their own respective seasons and they would all be put together on one giant mega map.

i think that would be cool to get more stuff from sw and hamlet cause ds solo sucks and filled with bugs and will never ever be better than dst and if it werent for its dlc it wouldnt even be played or touched which is why klei is never gonna bring ham or sw to dst since they want the ds sales

also ppl will complain the "lore" would get ruined if sw and ham stuff came to dst :wilson_resigned:

all we can do is play with tropical experience and that mod is as buggy as ds itself lol

I just want them to port over biomes and mobs... I don’t really care if they add any of the craftable items or other fluff...

I just want to go to tropical islands with palm trees and crabbits on them

& Amazon forests full of plant life & bugs.. 

And Volcanic magma biomes inspired by the biomes of Shipwrecked combined with Forge themes / Mobs.

I have NEVER wanted the expansions in their entirety.. just biomes, unique monster mobs.. and of course the playable characters.

Everything else I can live without.. but I would like to be able to enjoy the extra biomes, mobs and characters that I paid for with friends.

And since Klei has gone on record stating that they don’t want to separate their fanbase between who has and does not have DLC add on’s: I as a purchaser of DS, DS Shipwrecked, DS Hamlet & DST..  Three times over 

(yes I bought the game for myself & my family.. that’s not even counting the copies of DST I bought for friends to play with me)

AND as a purchaser of DS:PE and DS: SW PE...

I personally would not care if Klei gave people content I originally paid money for for free as updates to DST- because for me being able to play and enjoy that content with friends & family far far outweighs my disappointment when things I originally paid for end up being given to everyone for free.

They have a sailable ocean in DST now and in theory we can set sail into new horizons into any biome or climate Klei feels they want to take us to.... and It would be awesome if some of those islands and biomes could be themed around Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge, Forge.. Biomes, Mobs, Structures & other content.

I want hamlet and shipwrecked in dst because of the better optimization and skins. I don't play single player because the optimization is GARBAGE.

There's next to no point bothering with single player as when I play for more than a season, the game is shot to death and i'm running at 30fps average. God forbid, i reach 1000 days and the game freezes. I'm all for hamlet and shipwrecked together

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want them to port over biomes and mobs... I don’t really care if they add any of the craftable items or other fluff...

I just want to go to tropical islands with palm trees and crabbits on them

& Amazon forests full of plant life & bugs.. 

And Volcanic magma biomes inspired by the biomes of Shipwrecked combined with Forge themes / Mobs.

yeah i think it would be sick if there was a huge continent mass of land as big as the main continent far away in the ocean which contained sw/hamlet biomes and was like a tropical area with a tropical sea and stuff even though it  makes no sense and would make the "lore" people go insane i just play the game for fun and those stuff makes it more fun and adds more direly needed exploration in the game, i mean they made freaking moon fall in the ocean and that makes 0 sense so a tropical continent  rising from the depths of the ocean or falling from the sky makes just as much sense hahaha

if only there was a mod like that with no bugs cause tropical experience just unplayable and i never want to touch dont starve again after i went in hamlet and exited in a savanna during the season which thorn bushes spawn and the game wouldnt even go into the world with no mods because it went out of memory also not being able to play multiplayer in 2021 in a game is not cool

they could also rework a lot of stuff from ham and sw into existing dst world i mean palm trees could be in the oasis along with jungle flowers, scorpions can be in the desert, snakes could be in the desert, sand piles could be in the desert, seagulls could be at sea, pigeons could spawn around player made structures, coffee bushes could spawn around the dragonfly magma ponds, and so much more would take too long to list them all

I love the “It will break lore theory” lol cracks me up every single time, here’s the reality of things though: The requests for SW/Ham content in DST did not start until Klei decided to randomly and out of nowhere add Warly (a Shipwrecked Character) and Wormwood (A Hamlet Character) into DST.

Prior to them doing this the cries for SW/Ham compatibility was minimal at best.

Now why I find the “It breaks the lore” excuse to be funny... is because Klei’s official description for how Warly ended up in the game at all was that he crashed his boat into the shore of DST.. Heavily implying that you can sail between the islands of Shipwrecked and DST.

Hamlet on the other hand takes place in the SKIES above DST and Shipwrecked, and Klei did not offer any explanation as to how Wormwood ended up in DST- but my head canon is he did something stupid like mimic a dragonfly’s wings flapping and walked right off the edge of the floating island. Being a plant and non-human the fall didn’t even effect him.. he just gets up like nothing happened.

Now... at the start of Return of Them A chunk of the MOON breaks apart and falls from the sky crash landing into the Oceans of DST. 

If Klei wants DST to have Hamlet content... they’ll explain that as that chunk of moon was falling it hit the sky biomes of Hamlet in the way down.. and that ALSO crashed into the ocean of DST somewhere.

Doesn’t fit lore is NOT a good excuse, but wasted development time doing an update like this when the Devs have other plans is.

Reprogram both dlcs to bring it for free, killing in the process the single player version sells, instead of adding new stuff is just dumb

They can add certain things with changed "skin" or mechanic like how they added loabsters but adding most of the content, that isnt even balanced, is the worst idea that is being repeated in this forum

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

killing in the process the single player version sells, instead of adding new stuff is just dumb

when they add multiplayer to dont starve then it will be worth playing...  ds should have died the moment dst came out but they kept beating a dead horse with dlc to try to bring it back to life. its dumb to have 2 versions of the same game with the only difference is one is worse and has no multiplayer compared to the other.. you dont see a "Minecraft" and "Minecraft Together" :rolleyes:

but that's just my opinion~

57 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

when they add multiplayer to dont starve then it will be worth playing...  ds should have died the moment dst came out but they kept beating a dead horse with dlc to try to bring it back to life. its dumb to have 2 versions of the same game with the only difference is one is worse and has no multiplayer compared to the other.. you dont see a "Minecraft" and "Minecraft Together" :rolleyes:

but that's just my opinion~

This, gods sake man THIS!! PC games must be ran on a different design operation from console games.. I am Unfamiliar with how developers handle PC gaming methods- but I know over on Xbox “Most” Companies aim to improve their franchises with the next installment into that franchise.

They Dont continue doing updates for a single player game from 2013, usually they move on to the next big thing, and most the time the next big thing is Multiplayer: Be it Coop, PVP, or MMO... 

The developers of State of Decay are not still churning out updates and DLCs for State of Decay.. instead they’re doing that for State of Decay 2- The first game was single player, SoD 2 is Multiplayer.. And they’ve already announced a SoD 3 which when that releases I expect all updates for SoD 2 beyond minor bug fixes to cease.

Developers Abandon the old games to reduce the work load between their staff (could you imagine trying to keep every assassins creed game up to date with new content and bug fixes?)

Klei... has been unlike anything I’ve ever seen, they’re still updating and adding new content to their older games when superior versions already exist.

Take fences, Beefalo taming, and Ewecus as an example- They didn’t have to add all that to solo DS but they did anyway, and I just don’t understand why..

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate new content for the older games, but at the same time: Trying to keep content going in those older games is slowing down the process of getting that content in the newer multiplayer version of those games.

13 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

You say DST is superior

yet Shipwrecked and Hamlet are still DS-exclusive.

Curious.

its cuz klei dint wan make dlc for dst to ruin friendships..

• Human1: "hey Human2 wanna do some dst?"
  • Human2:"no u dont have dlc casual, git gud and consume more"
  • Human1:"bruh, why this game is dlc isnt like payday2 were u can join ppl who own the dlc but not host ur own dlc world?"
  • Human2: "money"
  • Human1: "*cries*"

if it wasnt for that the dlc would been for dst and ds would have been kill

its obvious with all the qol feature, the better smoother less clunky menu, better steam workshop support, more content additions, multiplayer, being able to make great comrades, and several other reason.

dst is the superior game in every way because just the base game offers so much and is so fun and great while base ds sucks it doesnt even have RoG so if dst had dlc it would send ds straight to the morgue LOL

12 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

its cuz klei dint wan make dlc for dst to ruin friendships..

• Human1: "hey Human2 wanna do some dst?"
  • Human2:"no u dont have dlc casual, git gud and consume more"
  • Human1:"bruh, why this game is dlc isnt like payday2 were u can join ppl who own the dlc but not host ur own dlc world?"
  • Human2: "money"
  • Human1: "*cries*"

if it wasnt for that the dlc would been for dst and ds would have been kill

its obvious with all the qol feature, the better smoother less clunky menu, better steam workshop support, more content additions, multiplayer, being able to make great comrades, and several other reason.

dst is the superior game in every way because just the base game offers so much and is so fun and great while base ds sucks it doesnt even have RoG so if dst had dlc it would send ds straight to the morgue LOL

dst cost 15€, base DS cost 8,17€+4,99€ RoG

DST is more modern but that doesnt make it superior. Base ds have 3 caves and world hopping which restets the caves and volcano. Is just another game with other mechanics and other engine

adding hamlet and sw is a nonsense (is not even balanced for single player lel), adding dlcs to dst is a bad move when they are adding skins and characters as a way to get money and free updates to make people keep playing the game (also if they add dlcs dumb people will start over with all the tencent sillyness and paranoid..)

i dont want dumb things like sw boats, hamlet houses and infinity light, op sw weapons, broken hamlet economy, etc. And fixing all of this unbalance and also trying to balance it for multiplayer+ fixing all the bugs and recoding everything to fit dst engine and mechanics is just a waste of resources just to add recycle things. If they run out of ideas maybe they can work arround it. 

And ofc is because money lel, this is a bussiness not a present for you

try to be less emotional and more rational 

I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this.. since I can’t PM him to ask, I’ll just post it here & hope for the best.

this is the actual response JoeW sent me when I asked for DS+Shipwrecked+Hamlet+DST all in one game.

Spoiler

20DA4F3C-6CBB-4C23-B0BA-3588B6E519C2.thumb.png.865c823062908ec23161181eb139ef9a.png

As you can see here, he didn’t exactly say it’s never going to happen.. but he didn’t give me any hope it will either, but at least it’s something.. and it feels good to know that if it was something they could easily do it would’ve been done a long time ago.

it still gives me hope that maybe not now.. but years from now it could happen.

In the meantime: I’ll keep patiently waiting for that day to come, or for them to officially say it’s never happening & stop hoping for it :lol:

Personally: I’ve paid a good deal of money for several copies of DS, SW+Ham DLCs & DST.. but I would much rather be able to play with friends and family- hence why even though they’re single player DLCs: I bought multiple copies for just encase the day they DO Become compatible with DS Multiplayer.. we would already have them.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

try to be less emotional and more rational 

TOP KEK!!!!

im not emotional about this at all bruh lmao! i just said it would be cool to have some of the stuff from dlcs. either way idc i port whatever i want with mods from the dlc

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

DST is more modern but that doesnt make it superior

thats just an opinion and mine it is so.. peace bruh im out cuz clash of opinions never changes on the internet

Personally i don't like the look of the hamlet pigs so i could do without those, tho i would like the shores of shipwrecked.

Someone somewhere talked about how the incentive wasn't there for them to port them over as it would be free content without much leeway to monetize it. I think you could make dlc content for Don't Starve Together if you just require the host of the server to have bought the DLC, like a lot for multiplayer games do with map packs, where the host needs to be the only one that owns the content for others to join in.

13 hours ago, VampireMonkey said:

Personally i don't like the look of the hamlet pigs so i could do without those, tho i would like the shores of shipwrecked.

I finally figured out how to quote only parts of someone’s post instead of the whole thing.. YaY Me !! But anyway-

The Clean Sweeper exists, I’m pretty sure you can just “sweep” the pigs to look the way you want them to.

Personally I prefer more pig torch (the grass skirt wearing pigs) over human dressed ones or the default looks.

but with the clean sweep existing it opens up so many possibilities.

Imagine if when you “sweep” a pig house it also changes the appearance of the pig spawned from it!

As far as porting content from SW and Ham into DST killing the sales of DS Solo, that was already achieved when Klei officially acknowledged and provided links to player created mods that let PC players play content I paid money for.. for free.

And until Klei terminates those mods from their workshop or adds support for that content to the game officially, I’m always going to feel cheated by not being able to play the content I paid for in Multiplayer but PC players can download a mod that lets them enjoy that content free.

It would be roughly the same as if someone created free mod versions of Wortox, Wurt, & Wormwood

Its just not fair.. :(

Even though I would like to see some elements from Hamlet, as many already have written, copying entire dlcs and inserting it into DST is both impractical in terms of work required (technical restrictions) and is bad for balance.

Technical issues include: difference between DS and DST engines and time needed to do all this work, that could be spent to add new things instead. I didn't look into the code of DS and DST myself, but I trust developer's words, and as a player with a lot of hundreds hours in either game I can feel the defference. For example, it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) like Hamlet houses and other interiors (pig ruins + mants cave system) are located on the same level as 5 other islands, just outside of accessible map, and that is why when spyglass is used in interior, it opens random triangle on the main map, oscillating fan radius works correctly for multiple rooms if placed inside the house but not outside, teleportation is possible between main map and interiors, and that's why in the past bug happened when icons for stuff located in interior showed in the random place of the unaccessible map. That, on the other hand, helped to get rid of loading time between interiors and main map, didn't generate transition bugs unlike in vanilla (Abigail and Wendy + caves) and SW (crocodogs, unlinked seasons on the volcano and main SW map), which I'm thankful for.

Even if copying dlc's content and putting it into DST could be easily done, it wouldn't be wise to do so because of balance. Think about SW coffee: it basically nullifies importance of all other speed-increasing items (cane, magiluminescence, sleek hat, better sails etc.) and turns fun system of important speed breakpoints (breakpoint to outrun some mob, to land more hits between dodging enemy hits) into "grind coffee, forget about everything else". Right now what we have in DST is much better, examples are: cane and magi needed to outrun Klaus's jump in second phase while changing direction, cane + magi + road (or glossamer saddle on beefalo) to completely outrun freeze cast of one of the Klaus's deers; speed combinations to outrun different tiers of shadow rook, knight, bishop; speed breakpoint to outrun grumble bees completely or outrun them enough to dodge the hit, speed breakpoint to do no-damage Bee Queen; speed breakpoint to outrun enraged Dragonfly WHILE changing direction, or just enough speed to dodge her hit in enraged form; speed to KITE BISHOPS, to catch up to mooslings (especially if there are more than 5; even having just cane helps a lot); speed breakpoint to DODGE SPOREBOMB EFFECT; and in general speed for landing more hits to enemy; usually 1-2 speed-related items make a difference, but they have other properties, such as what slot of equipment they occupy, other useful/harmful effects (light, tending + 1.2 hunger drain, eyeplant protection, skipping need to switch weapon/cane and need to waste a bit of time (1 extra hit) because of that, double damage + triple hunger consumption, etc.)). Or another SW thing: fish farms. They really make obtaining fish simple, which is ok in SW considering there isn't much other food spawners that can be relocated (mostly in terms of quantity, but quality also matters), not much silk (spider eggs are harder to find), other restrictions in fish dishes (ice is more expensive to get in terms of fuel value and/or time spent), armor availability and accessibility of corresponding resources (which encourage to do fight with less protecting armor/without armor and instead heal more hp with dishes). But they would be absolutely terrible in DST with it's basically RoG map and resources, and I like the fact that for surf'n'turf player needs to either do sea fishing, go to the ruins/find toadstool spawner for eels, or use a lot of silk in exchange and deal with frogs/mosquitoes. And even fishsticks on RoG map require either silk investment or engaging with dangerous area (swamp), but fish farms would change that, and I don't want that balance disaster. Don't get me wrong, I like atmosphere of SW and some elements, like palm trees mechanic and dry season (better, than summer in my opinion), color filters and trawling, treasure hunting and ability to make monkeys kill each other, crabbits and jellyfish (especially rainbow one); in fact, that atmosphere was what caught my attention and introduced that franchise to me, but after playing it a lot I see balance flaws. Like system of SW hats: there are a lot of hats with useful properties, but not much in terms of body slot options, and because of how grindy gold without linking worlds becomes in late game, game basically forces player to wear booty bag, and I don't like situation that has one superior/single solution. Also hats have too much of functionality weight on them compared to body slot and non-equipment options, which leads to using 2-3 of them over the whole SW year, and all other hats are basically never crafted, unless player is willing to sacrifice even more inventory slots for them.

Now let's talk about Hamlet. Hamlet economy works fine in that dlc because a lot of other resources (flint, gold, nitre(allows to generate more money in Hamlet, so is important resource), renewable non-monster food sources (berry bushes, honey, large meat, vegetables, mushrooms)) are much more scarce in that dlc, seasons are more demanding in terms of preparation and player has much less time to do so. Also maybe it's just me, but there are much more hostile creatures, so more armor and healing is needed compared to the RoG. But what would happen if developers could copy and paste everything from there to DST? Gears as plentiful as rot (because of how simple it is to obtain gold nuggets in RoG and sell them), dirt cheap food from that 2 hamlet shops, dirt cheap hedges (even more money!), ability to buy night armor + dark sword/cutlass supreme from day 1 (same problem as with gears), free pig skin delivery along with reduced danger of hound waves, and all those mandrakes, deerclops eyeballs, volt goat horns and other boss loot from oddity store. At least in Hamlet player needs to put some work (or frequently be in dangerous areas) to gain ability to generate a lot of money (to overcome bad luck via buying more stuff in the shop or to buy a lot of expensive items), but with all the RoG gold, naturally spawning berry bushes, plentiful honey (for trading), not to mention shop robbery, - it just would be terrible for balance, please no. Besides, after RWYS that grocery store isn't really needed; interiors will need to be located somewhere (or reworked), and

Spoiler

in current beta there is already analogue to Hamlet's permanent full moon (although it doesn't change world daytype to permanent night) and increased danger in that period (moonstorms) in some parts of the map, new boss with corresponding loot (although they might change current loot, add extra stuff and extra effects on the world before/during/after the battle with moon champion). So I feel like Aporkalypse would be redundant addition.

But purchasable all variants of berry bushes would be nice, as well as snaptooth/flytraps with nectar-honey-like mechanic, stalking stick-like mechanic (and in general more things to dry, and not only to make better version of food), weevole mantle (durable armor with less protection and made from relatively abundant resouses), fog mechanic (exclusive to some parts of the map) and weevole carapace, thunderbirds (but less buggy variant), bandits and their treasures, hanging vines and their danger (and rope from plant variant), elder mandrakes and maybe piko tea, root trunk, secret rooms and treasures (more uses for explosives, more tools to find that treasures like magnifying glass), scissors. Personally, I would like to see snakes and poison (from mobs, food and environment), but I saw a lot of people dislike that, so I highly doubt it would be ever added, reworked or not.

But please no SW boats, floaty-boaty knights conveyor, unreworked hay fewer (and all that amount of grind for gears/nettle, although oscillating fan and nettle are fine, I guess), moonsoon flooding (just my opinion, but it's the worst thing in the whole franchise), and please no royal guards The Masters of Fire.

Overall I would like developers to continue what they are doing now: create new dlcs for DS and try new stuff, and then put what happened to work the best into DST, refine/rework other elements, add completely new stuff.

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

swap thunderbirds with wood raft and i'd agree with you fully

What is special about wood raft compared to other SW boats? Or are you talking about cork bowl canoe?

I included thunderbirds because of potential for WX and because they are hilarious in my opinion, but that bug when they cast lightning upon player even if they are 2-3 screens away from said player is annoying, as far as I know, they didn't fix it. Also even if iron remains inside their nest they for some reason may wander around (probably because other mobs disturbed them once), which isn't how they are supposed to work, I assume, that's why I wrote "thunderbirds without bugs", not just "thunderbirds". I also wonder whether iron was supposed to respawn in their nest if thunderbird was alive, since another Hamlet mob, spidermonkeys, use that general idea ("mob creates den" as opposed to "den creates mob" in RoG, which is interesting change, I think).

I appreciate that at least 1 person took time and read all that post, and, to be honest, there are quite a few purely opinion statements, so it was highly unlikely that there would be even 1 person who completely agree with me, but that's totally fine. Thank you for reading!

47 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i had a boar hut spawn really close to a thunderbird biome: a good portion of the place burned down

I'm not even sure was it because of royal guard or thunderbird, but in similar cases I tried to relocate the pig/kill flytraps as soon as possible and build lightning rods across that biome (since blooming tuber was the way to go for me as wereWilba in that season, and for Wormwood it's also a great help). My problem with birds was that hat from their feathers wasn't durable enough, they casted random lightning on me even though I didn't disturb them ever and was 2-3 screens away, during Aporkalypse and outside of it, and should any entity spook them once, they continued to change their location, triggering even more lightning as the result. But if there was a way to calm them down and stop them from changing their location constantly and outside of biome (like to leave iron in the nest/let it respawn (if that was intended)), I would be fine with them, but apparently relocating mobs as soon as possible didn't work every time, it wasn't soon enough I guess. I like the idea behind them and corresponding hat though.

47 minutes ago, gaymime said:

wood raft is something that could easily port to dst and would be viable for collecting things that have slipped into the little 'rivers'  as well as the edge of the landmass. it also matches the aesthetics of the world so it wouldnt look out of place if it was added. other boats are fine too, the important take-away is a single-person craft that only serves the purpose of making things in the water accessible when a cookie boat would not work

For that case I would prefer give that functionality to fishing rod/sea fishing rod (there is even mod for that, but I would like it to be in base game). Or use cork bowl canoe, which could be pickable from water after it was used, wouldn't break unless crashed into something, would be tiny to be able to fit into "rivers" (or salt formations!) and wouldn't allow to build structures on it (so only oars for sailing on it could be used). It also wouldn't be able to substitute normal boat since it would be much harder to kite on it (if possible at all), and impossible to use crock pot, ice box, tin fishing bin, etc.

48 minutes ago, gaymime said:

cork boat still requires a cork tree though

But there is driftwood in DST, so it could be driftwood canoe; right now the moment player finds first message in the bottle they know location of Pearl island, which means they can acquire a little bit of driftwood without luck or long sailing from that point.

48 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i play semi nomadic though. lightning rods arent really viable X''D

That is why I think thunderhat would need to be buffed to be viable alternative

There some things I kinda want to discuss about the possibilities of Shipwrecked & Hamlet and IF it were to be done: some of the ways I felt it COULD be done in a way that it doesn’t intrude on already existing Return of Them content.

The first option is the one everyone probably wants to see, adding very limited degrees of biomes, and mobs from those expansions into DST and by “limited” I mean only the things that make sense to fit into DST instead of the OP craftable items like “coffee” or whatever- this is shortened to Biome, Mobs, Scenery.

For example: Palm Trees, Palm Guardians, Snakes, Sand and Scorpions. 
(the sand worms in the image is something I added using the new wormhole skin)

B48EC4B7-DE59-4821-8AD1-5E0AC186322B.jpeg.4976724033af779e106381e49e018000.jpeg

Another example could be dense Amazonian forests, vines, Pog, Dung Beetle, walking hostile to everyone except Wormwood plant life, and Amazon Warrior Pigmen.

Not All of those worlds complete craftables and content, just a select handful of biomes, mobs and their inhabitants.

Preferably off on distant biomes we need to sail to to explore similar to Lunar Island.

The Second way of adding the content would be a bit less demanding on world resources due to them actually “Replacing” Return of Them content..

What I mean by that is you have an option when hosting a world to choose a Generic Forest Shard and a Caves Shard as the type of Two shards you will play the game on-

Buttttt: What if you could instead choose Hamlet Forest & Hamlet Temples to replace those two shards? 

Instead of trying to cram all that content onto one map, why can’t we simply just load into a different style of map???

A map with its own bosses, craftables, biomes, mobs, etc..

Why does all this content have to attempt to be squeezed on top of what’s already being done with Return of Them stuff?

So the TL:DR- we could add limited content Themed Islands without all the OP craftables into the already existing DST RoT worlds with those biomes and mobs giving us more to explore to/do with sea content. Or- We could add this content into the game with full blown support but instead of adding it so it clashes with RoT stuff: It would instead be added in as its own “World Shard” 

Having more worlds would mean more server to run and the game is only 32bit so it doesn't have the memory capacity to do that, it already kinda struggles with 2 worlds atm.

I don't like the idea of splitting content off between world gen settings, i'd much prefer all the content be available in one world(including caves) than having to play on a different world all together to experience the other content, i think i would just end up with choosing the content i liked the most and never touching any of the other stuff simply because it's behin a world gen setting.

There is much room left to add singleplayer stuff to DST, most of the cave biomes have next to no worth in existing, taking content from DS and adding it to the Caves could be a neat way to add content to the game without just dumping it onto the game. Besides caves more islands would be nice too, or just more biomes in general in the overworld.

Archived