Why is my wild pacus extinct?

Dear All.
I am trying to support this beautiful true nature reserve with wild plants and creatures. However, some of them are dying without bearing a child.

There was a young wild pacu here some time ago. Now its gone and I see no other pacus or eggs. Why is that? This water tank seems to be suitable for wild pacu. Temperature is perfect for them.

obraz.thumb.png.43d813a4752937ea76f64adf7ccbe15f.png

I think this shine bug above also did not produced an egg as it is elderly already. Maybe shine bug egg is laying behind debris... 

Could You, please, help me with this nature reserve?

1 hour ago, sheaker said:

Why is that?

I think sometimes, even if the odds are against it, a gulp fish is born and being in unfriendly environment (temperature above 25 C) it just dies before laying another egg...

But it could be some other reason.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, sheaker said:

Dear All.
I am trying to support this beautiful true nature reserve with wild plants and creatures. However, some of them are dying without bearing a child.

There was a young wild pacu here some time ago. Now its gone and I see no other pacus or eggs. Why is that? This water tank seems to be suitable for wild pacu. Temperature is perfect for them.

obraz.thumb.png.43d813a4752937ea76f64adf7ccbe15f.png

I think this shine bug above also did not produced an egg as it is elderly already. Maybe shine bug egg is laying behind debris...

Could You, please, help me with this nature reserve?

The nature reserve park looks very lovely and cuddly, I like it :x Perhaps a bit too rocky...Perhaps some nice grown Klei carpet-grass would soften the ground a bit, its looks very harsh and uncomfortable. Good for rocket launches how I find, but not so nice for bears to sit down, going wild pacu fishing with their paws.

image.thumb.png.b075f8c816d2b52c532f73071215057c.pngimage.png.55357b3f50d083aa0897df232d6bf90e.png  The Hover Bear, catching pacu and gulp fish

I had similar things happen. After a while of not keeping attention my pacus were gone. Might be the temperature but i had a lot of them in apretty large pool (whole swamp map thrown into one single pool of mixed liquids). The pacus sometimes bugged out and all were stuck in a single tile, probably when the water level changed but i`m not sure if that cused them to go extinct. I also saw critters sometimes lay eggs inside tiles (especially pufts and shinebugs) which caused the critter to get stuck confined into a natural tile until dug out.

In above design it was most likely Pokeshell protecting its egg. I found it killing other creatures few cycles later. I removed Pokeshell from this Nature Reserve. I added small modification for water temperature control. Now it looks like this:

obraz.thumb.png.df513ea907c1b9e8641809db5d903643.png

And there are wild animals:
Two Shine Bugs,
Glossy Drecko,
Hatchling,
Pip,
Puft,
Pacu,

And wild plants:
Three Arbor Trees,
Seven Mealwoods,
Two Oxyfrens,
Hexalent,
Two Mirht Leafs,
Bristle Blossom, growing only when Shine Bugs are near,
Two Waterweeds.
There is also Dasha Saltvine but it is not growing at all due to lack of chlorine.

Archived