Umbrella & Eyebrella Protect from Earthquake Debris

Pros:

• Fits with the cartoonish and silly atmosphere.
  • Is not actually very useful so would not disrupt balance.
  • If it can still hurt other players after bouncing off your umbrella you could laugh at them.

Cons:

• None.
  • Not a single con.
  • This idea is flawless and perfect.

20 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Nope makes no sense. Falling debris would just put a hole in either.

But butterflies dropping butter makes sense? Guacamole being made out of moleworms makes sense? I don't know if you've ever played the game before, dude.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

But butterflies dropping butter makes sense? Guacamole being made out of moleworms makes sense? I don't know if you've ever played the game before, dude.

Haha defensive much? Yeah I've never played the game :roll: thats why I'm on the official forums

Butter-fly

Guaca-mole

Both are clever puns hence why they do what they do. I don't get why eyebrella/umbrella would protect against falling rocks and debris. They're both specifically designed to deal with rain and the heat (like real umbrellas) and lightning. 

Why would either of them be sturdy enough to protect against falling rocks?

12 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Haha defensive much? Yeah I've never played the game :roll: thats why I'm on the official forums

Butter-fly

Guaca-mole

Both are clever puns hence why they do what they do. I don't get why eyebrella/umbrella would protect against falling rocks and debris. They're both specifically designed to deal with rain and the heat (like real umbrellas) and lightning. 

Why would either of them be sturdy enough to protect against falling rocks?

How do you think butterflies dropping butter is acceptable because it's cartoony and unrealistic but think umbrellas protecting against falling debris is unacceptable because it's cartoony and unrealistic? Umbrellas deflecting everything as if it were rain is a common cartoon trope just like umbrellas being able to slow your descent is.

And an umbrella is made out of the exact same thing a football helmet is, 1 pigskin, so even if we're going with your intentionally inconsistent logic just so you can say you don't like the idea your comment still doesn't make any sense.

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Protect against damage = armor

Protect against weather = umbrella, eyebrella

You choose. No need of adding more perks to opbrella

Falling debris is very easy to dodge & barely even does any damage even if you don't have armor on. 

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How do you think butterflies dropping butter is acceptable because it's cartoony and unrealistic but think umbrellas protecting against falling debris is unacceptable because it's cartoony and unrealistic? Umbrellas deflecting everything as if it were rain is a common cartoon trope just like umbrellas being able to slow your descent is.

And an umbrella is made out of the exact same thing a football helmet is, 1 pigskin, so even if we're going with your intentionally inconsistent logic just so you can say you don't like the idea your comment still doesn't make any sense.

Yeah there's a limit, don't starve isn't Looney tunes or Mary poppins. We don't need every cartoon trope in the game.

Also if you'd really prefer,  yeah I don't like the idea, reasoning is weak and there's no need whatsoever for the change. Serves no real purpose.

Archived