Can a Beeta Hive be moved?

5 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Can a Beeta Hive be moved?

If you wrangle a Beetiny and move it elsewhere (I haven't tested that after the latest update though). If there is a Beetiny alone, without any other Beeta Hives in the same room, it sprouts into a Beeta Hive.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, sakura_sk said:

If you wrangle a Beetiny and move it elsewhere (I haven't tested that after the latest update though). If there is a Beetiny alone, without any other Beeta Hives in the same room, it sprouts into a Beeta Hive.

Great tip :-P I got this working yesterday, it works great. :excitement:

FYI a beetiny can build a hive on meshtiles. So you can build a critter drop off on top of some, seperate it from "undesirable" tiles with a door and have a flood-proof hive grow.

Useful in case you want to avoid seeing a hive drown from naughty chlorine or CO2 gas that founds its way to the cold radioactive biome and decided to liquify. I had that kill a hive or two.

1 hour ago, Pulstar said:

FYI a beetiny can build a hive on meshtiles. So you can build a critter drop off on top of some, seperate it from "undesirable" tiles with a door and have a flood-proof hive grow.

Useful in case you want to avoid seeing a hive drown from naughty chlorine or CO2 gas that founds its way to the cold radioactive biome and decided to liquify. I had that kill a hive or two.

At the bottom of the posted screenshot in the link Simple Jack Uranium Bee Party, I had originally built 2 critter drop off`s for the bee`s...which had 1 room each, but it did not monitor at the time if the dropped off wrangled bee`s, or the bee`s which at the same time randomly got trapped ( room doors standing open for a while ), had caused the hive creation ?

It had been 3 rooms, the screenshot now shows 1 big room...I smashed out the ceilings between the former 3 rooms and had destroyed the 2 critter drop off`s. I had wrangled 2 bees and dupes delivered them to 1 room each, but at the same time I had trapped some wild bees inside the rooms. Maybe wild bee`s can spawn a hive in a room, I don`t know :confused:

Do wild bee`s randomly getting stuck in a room create a hive, is a critter drop off actually required ? If anybody knows, feedback would be great :encouragement: Haven`t yet had time to play again to check it out. Love the bee`s, bzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz. Uranium ! :afro: "Beetiny" always makes me think of bikini, its such a lovely island.

simplejack.gifimage.png.c7824bde773f270d421f7789cdef1f09.png   Bikini Atoll ( Satellite top down view )

3 hours ago, Pulstar said:

That's a good idea. I had a hive die to drowning by that exact scenario just a little while ago.

Though, the hives don't die when their base is removed anymore (they just go into a disabled state), so I don't think you need to get a brand new hive to do this.

Archived