What I hope to see from future updates

This is a mixture of feedback / suggestions and will be somewhat long so I apologize for that.

• Nerf Solar Panels
    I feel like this can be done by making nuclear research harder on the first asteroid. I don't really like how much nuclear research that can be done without needing to go to the third asteroid. Probably also need to increase the glass needed for construction or reduce the amount of glass in the points of interest that have glass. Make it so you can't build panels above each other and get the same amount of power. If light is being blocked by an object it would reduce the power by the number of tiles blocked, so if half the tiles are blocked it produces only half the maximum power.

• Nerf/kill starvation ranching
    Make it so baby critters who aren't fed don't grow. Baby critters who die of starvation don't give resources. Starving adult critters only give half the normal amount of meat and don't produce resources (example: drecko scales don't grow when starving)

• Make Ranching plug slugs worthwhile
    Right now no one seems to use these because of the metal cost. Early on in the beta they were somewhat op because of starvation farming but were nerfed as a result. If you get rid of starvation ranching then I feel like there is room to buff plug slugs.

• Bring back meteorites
    So I get the current version of the game is more focused towards getting the player started on space and making space less scary for new players. So I would suggest this be on the later asteroids after the first 3 but then also I would like a custom world setting to allow them back on the earlier asteroids for more experienced players who want the added challenge.

• Make it so that beds, comfy beds, and tables have a public option similar to showers and toilets
    This makes it easier when moving dupes between asteroids so there is less micromanagement. Also allows the player to build a smaller base if they make use of the schedule tab. Then there could be a bonus given to private rooms for dupes so If you want to give them that extravagant lifestyle they get a morale boost.

• More options for renewable oxygen
    Right now it feels like the electrolyzer is the only real choice in mid to late game. Not to say there aren't any set ups with polluted oxygen I've seen but I don't feel like those designs are very obvious or intuitive to newer players. Maybe make a renewable source of rust like a rust drecko. I think the rust deoxydizer has been really underused even in the base game and It would be interesting to have some asteroids that rely on it as an oxygen source. Algae is sort of renewable but it takes a lot of set up to do and I'm not sure its worth it but I haven't tried to do it for a long time. Though I would like to see another renewable algae source besides converting slime to algae.

• An option to remove the supply teleporter and dupes teleporter
    I get that this introduces new players to the multi-colony playstyle which is why I'm not saying remove it entirely. To me it feels somewhat counter to what the dlc is about since you can just ship tons of material to a second asteroid for free. I would rather each of my colonies have to be gotten to through space and be somewhat self sufficient. This also makes it so rocket shipping is more important, which right now still feels kind of underused. In this set up you would have to ship water to the second asteroid to get renewable oil and then ship back what you need that's been processed (plastic, petroleum etc.). 

• Make space something that requires the use of masks or suits
    This is something that has always bothered me and right now masks and suits feel pretty unnecessary for players who know how to play the game without them. If you make it so dupes can't hold their breath in a vacuum they would then need at least masks to go into space. This doesn't add any difficulty other then however difficult it is to set up an mask station next to a door leading to space. Then also make it so that being in a vacuum for a larger amount of time without a full suit gives dupes something similar to hypothermia or etc. This would just slow your dupes down and maybe give them more stress to incentivize using suits in space but not making them absolutely necessary. 

• Put reed fiber back into early-mid game.
    Reed fiber right now is only being gated on the swamp asteroid and only to gate atmo suits. I really don't think this is the right way to go about this. Clothes and painting should be allowed to be made without going to space and suits shouldn't be gated by getting to the third asteroid. The swamp asteroid could have the dreckos put into the caustic biome and optionally some reed fiber in the swamp. Suits can be pushed into the mid game by modifying the recipe which I will put in a later section.

• More clothing options
    Clothing seemed like it was designed as an early game insulation system with the snazzy suit thrown in to mitigate stress. There really should be more done with this system either more options or make it more available in the early game so it gets some use. There are mods that add more and I have really enjoyed using them. Maybe make the textile loom out of metal ore instead of refined metal to put it back to the early game a bit.

• Rebalance Masks and Suits
    I don't believe suits should be gated by going to another asteroid but more of a choice the player makes. Do they want to make masks as a fast and easy option or invest more time and resources into suits. To remedy them being put back as an option on the first asteroid they would be rebalanced. Remove the athletics debuff from masks, they shouldn't impact dupes enough to lower their speed if they can carry hundreds of kg and not be slowed down and it's just on their face so it doesn't lower mobility. Lower the tank storage of the atmo suits from 75kg (750s of use) to 40kg (400s of use). For reference a cycle is 600s and masks store 20kg(200s of use). Atmo suits should not be able to store 1.25 cycles of oxygen in them, and two thirds of a cycle is more then enough. I thought about lowering masks to 15kg and then suits to 30kg but I wanted to leave some adjustment room. The recipe on suits should be changed from 2 reed fiber and 300 kg of refined metal to 8 reed fiber, 200kg of refined metal, 50kg of steel, and 50kg of glass. 2 reed fiber is not really much of a cost and clothes take 4 reed fiber without as much insulation. Glass and steel as a cost means that the player would have to spend more time investing in manufacturing if they wanted to make suits. I also don't really think there's any reason for suits to have +10 excavation. As an additional option maybe instead of being a flat cost to athletics it should be a percent movement modifier? This would make the speed cost relevant at all stages of the game rather then just being an early game cost and late game nuisance. Maybe the lead suit and jet suit can have the bonus to excavation as a reward for getting to tier 3 suits?

Solar nerf: yes. I think just removing the POI glass and reducing the output a little is enough.

Starvation ranching nerf: eh, okay. I don't think this is terribly important, but it does notably make steel much harder and double the number of pacu you need.

Plug slug utility: maybe an oxygen variant?

Meteorites: yes.

Public beds: yes

Remove teleporter: ehh, I don't think this is a big deal. It makes petrol rockets much harder to use since you have to burn fuel to get fuel. Very appropriate to rocket tyrany, but a little unbelievable. It pits the oil planet against the pip planet on where to go first, which I don't think is appropriate. Not really a choice even really.

Early game reed fiber: noooo. Atmo suits are OP. It's a huge reward for very rudementary space flight. Terra fiber needs to get swapped out with lumber on the rad planet tbh.

More textiles: ehhh. Maybe lategame clothes made from space mats that combine all 3 benefits and no drawback?

Masks and suits: would dupes exhale in vacuum? That'd complicate things and make atmo suits more important 

1 hour ago, n_t_p said:

Solar nerf: yes. I think just removing the POI glass and reducing the output a little is enough.

Starvation ranching nerf: eh, okay. I don't think this is terribly important, but it does notably make steel much harder and double the number of pacu you need.

Plug slug utility: maybe an oxygen variant?

Meteorites: yes.

Public beds: yes

Remove teleporter: ehh, I don't think this is a big deal. It makes petrol rockets much harder to use since you have to burn fuel to get fuel. Very appropriate to rocket tyrany, but a little unbelievable. It pits the oil planet against the pip planet on where to go first, which I don't think is appropriate. Not really a choice even really.

Early game reed fiber: noooo. Atmo suits are OP. It's a huge reward for very rudementary space flight. Terra fiber needs to get swapped out with lumber on the rad planet tbh.

More textiles: ehhh. Maybe lategame clothes made from space mats that combine all 3 benefits and no drawback?

Masks and suits: would dupes exhale in vacuum? That'd complicate things and make atmo suits more important 

dupes with masks already exhale in a vacuum, and the atmo suits are op thing is talked about with the nerfs, they're only op because they are given literally everything. Get rid of the excess abilities and make them what they are. An environmentally protected suit that's it. They don't need +10 digging and they don't need a O2 tank that lasts more then a full cycle.

also you can use co2 or sugar engine to transport petrol so idk I would think the idea would be you use low tier rocket engines to ship short distances and higher tier to ship long distances. C02 and Sugar are renewable although I'm not sure if sugar can be produced at a high enough quantity as I haven't tinkered with it much yet.

11 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

also you can use co2 or sugar engine to transport petrol so idk I would think the idea would be you use low tier rocket engines to ship short distances and higher tier to ship long distances. C02 and Sugar are renewable although I'm not sure if sugar can be produced at a high enough quantity as I haven't tinkered with it much yet.

It's not that it's not possible, it's just that it effectively reduces the petrol production if you want to ship it with petrol rockets. It'd be a flat penalty, maybe just a small percentage lost output but still. It also increases the cost of petrol for the dupe labor cost, and more if you use non-petrol rockets.

Automated rocketry still isn't really possible too

25 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

It's not that it's not possible, it's just that it effectively reduces the petrol production if you want to ship it with petrol rockets. It'd be a flat penalty, maybe just a small percentage lost output but still. It also increases the cost of petrol for the dupe labor cost, and more if you use non-petrol rockets.

Automated rocketry still isn't really possible too

I'm quite sure they will fix the automation issue as that's half of what this game is.

18 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Nerf Solar Panels

Currently solar panels do produce less power when they are one over the other. If they are not, they over produce and the extra power is lost, that's why laying one over the other works.

Nerf/kill starvation ranching

Starvation ranch (as it was mentioned before I think) exists as a result of wild critters going extinct if left alone for too many cycles.

Make Ranching plug slugs worthwhile

Some use plug slugs and making a farm of them covers solar panels' down time.

Bring back meteorites

As it was mentioned before, meteorites could be scary at first 1-2 tries but then it was just time consuming.

Make it so that beds, comfy beds, and tables have a public option

That would make every base a "single bed" base. I would be more concerned how beds and tables aren't "cleared" properly after a dupe leaves a rocket or travels to another planetoid than having single bed/table colonies.

More options for renewable oxygen

Isn't the purpose of doing research to go forward and not backwards? Going back to using an early stage technology in order to produce oxygen would make research tree useless. If algae is renewable you wouldn't even need an oxygen diffuser, using algae terrariums would be enough (there is always a renewable water source).

An option to remove the supply teleporter and dupes teleporter

Supply teleporters can be turned off and dupe teleporter can be easily ignored. I think that using only rockets to access oil, would make oil wells in that planetoid too difficult to use. I don't know if cargo modules will work as intended  at some point (maybe they do but I don't seem to have figured them out) but at the moment automated cargo transport doesn't seem possible.

Make space something that requires the use of masks or suits

I think I've asked that again... Why? As you write, it would only make it more difficult for new players to explore. More experienced players don't have any difficulty to use one more mask/suit checkpoint for an area. Also, making vacuum act like magma, you would make visiting space as often as you visit the magma biome...

19 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Put reed fiber back into early-mid game.

If vacuum is magma, yes, you would absolutely need atmo suits in your starting world, otherwise reed fiber isn't that much necessary. 

19 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Rebalance Masks and Suits

There is a reason why atmo suits can be made out of 3 different refined metals. At first it was only iron as an option (if I remember correctly). After many more starting biomes were introduced, there was a need to be a variety otherwise it was impossible to have atmo suits in some of them. If atmo suits needed steel, that would mean they would need iron too. 

Currently Spaced out has only small starting asteroids and atmo suits are mostly needed for bigger ones where travelling long distances through unbreathable areas gets difficult and builds take too long. That is also one reason why I think the -6 athletics debuff should remain static. The other reason would be calculations... I assume if there was a calculation in every second of every minute for how skill points change in order to calculate the speed a dupe should have, it would take that dupe several seconds to make a step in atmo suit.

Also, there will be the "base game - spaced out" merging at some point and all of the base game tech (like atmo suits, ranching, solar panels, beds, tables, renewable oxygen) would be probably best balanced for base game first and not spaced out.

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

That would make every base a "single bed" base. I would be more concerned how beds and tables aren't "cleared" properly after a dupe leaves a rocket or travels to another planetoid than having single bed/table colonies.

I play currently with mods that do this, I set it up so there are two of everything because while you might get away with one sometimes there is overlap. Also the more dupes you get eventually you need two per schedule slot then I up it to three so there is always a free slot in case there is overlap or someone gets there late. Having less infrastructure necessary allows for more efficient base design which cuts down on dupe travel time. Which on these smaller colonies also helps give more space for other things you need to build. 

Isn't the purpose of doing research to go forward and not backwards? Going back to using an early stage technology in order to produce oxygen would make research tree useless. If algae is renewable you wouldn't even need an oxygen diffuser, using algae terrariums would be enough (there is always a renewable water source).

The main point of this was talking about the renewable rust to utilize the rust deoxidyzer but the other options for renewable algae was because some players burn through their algae before ever making an electrolyzer set up and algae is a portable oxygen source usually used in rockets and  first colonies oxygen sources. When this dlc is all about making multiple new colonies it was just a suggestion towards that.

I think I've asked that again... Why? As you write, it would only make it more difficult for new players to explore. More experienced players don't have any difficulty to use one more mask/suit checkpoint for an area. Also, making vacuum act like magma, you would make visiting space as often as you visit the magma biome...

This doesn't make it more difficult for new players to explore at all. If a new player sent a dupe out into space without a mask or suit they would just immediately path find back to oxygen like they currently do when they are about to suffocate. This would make the new player go "hmmm maybe i need these masks I saw in my research tab", or they already were using them because they assumed they would need them. It doesn't kill the dupe and doesn't act like the magma biome. Most new players assume based on logic and then find out later that it does or doesn't apply and they learn one way or the other.

The other reason would be calculations...

The game does this literally all the time already with different tile runspeeds. You simply have a debuff that goes up or down based on what your dupe is running on or using to go up or down. 

If vacuum is magma, yes, you would absolutely need atmo suits in your starting world, otherwise reed fiber isn't that much necessary. 

If you actually read my post you would know that I said you would at minimum need masks. 
It seems to me like you literally read the bullet points and either didn't read or skimmed the main details because you were too busy with your assumptions based on the first thing you read.

The reed fiber point was to allow the other parts of the game that rely on them the ability to be utilized and even modernized without it just being about suits.

Supply teleporters can be turned off and dupe teleporter can be easily ignored. I think that using only rockets to access oil, would make oil wells in that planetoid too difficult to use. I don't know if cargo modules will work as intended  at some point (maybe they do but I don't seem to have figured them out) but at the moment automated cargo transport doesn't seem possible.

The basic argument of "DoN't LiKe It DoN't UsE iT". There's a reason why I stated it as a setting that can be changed in the world config. As the game is now there really is no way to not use it. As you stated above there is not a good way to utilize rocket shipping effectively right now. As stated in a previous response they will eventually fix automated rockets because it is meant to be a key part of the dlc. Arguing against rocket shipping as a main source of shipping between planetoids because "it doesn't work now" in an unfinished dlc seems like a weird reason. 

At first it was only iron as an option (if I remember correctly).  If atmo suits needed steel, that would mean they would need iron too. 

It was copper. Currently both starts have iron and in biomes by default but also if you look at the lower crust before magma there is always iron. Which I assume this crust will be a default on most starting asteroids because it was implemented on both made so far. It also has volcanoes which I think the devs have there so the player has a renewable source of material for late game. Which further reinforces to me that this crust will be on every start.

Also, there will be the "base game - spaced out" merging at some point and all of the base game tech (like atmo suits, ranching, solar panels, beds, tables, renewable oxygen) would be probably best balanced for base game first and not spaced out.

This change is about how suits are used and is applicable to both dlc and base game. The entire point is so that players don't just shove them in the entrance to their base so they get to ignore everything in the game after they find them. They should be put outside the entrances to areas they are needed and that's it.

As it was mentioned before, meteorites could be scary at first 1-2 tries but then it was just time consuming.

If your argument for not having a feature is because it was just time consuming after you solved the problem, that's not really an argument in this game. That's basically saying any problem you have ever overcome that you currently still have to keep doing the same solution for, is just time consuming and therefore not worth doing. No automated electrolyzer set up for oxygen, no big project that you have done before. There are players other then myself that ask for them continually and I myself prefer having them. I prefer actually needing to utilize all this ridiculous amounts of energy that I can produce but either I'm sitting on it all because there is not enough power consumers in the game. When things like solar energy were designed around the meteor system. The entire reason I said make them an option for the first 3 asteroids was because they are there for players that want a harder experience back in the game. Having them on the later asteroids shouldn't be a problem because the player should have had ample time to prepare and they provide renewable filtration material and metal ore.

I was never a fan of meteorites, at least how they worked in vanilla, it was a bit excessive to have to build a whole army of radar to make sure my solar panels wouldn't break or my air lock wouldn't explode.

But that's probably why they are op in Spaced Out, because they no longer need baby sitting, at least as long as you can manage the heat.

I think atmosuits should have enough o2 for a cycle or two, unless they add an easier way to generate o2 in space flight, as with the expansion.

And I completely agree about the public options.

5 minutes ago, neumonics said:

I was never a fan of meteorites, at least how they worked in vanilla, it was a bit excessive to have to build a whole army of radar to make sure my solar panels wouldn't break or my air lock wouldn't explode.

But that's probably why they are op in Spaced Out, because they no longer need baby sitting, at least as long as you can manage the heat.

I think atmosuits should have enough o2 for a cycle or two, unless they add an easier way to generate o2 in space flight, as with the expansion.

And I completely agree about the public options.

Why would a suit be able to have enough o2 for a cycle or two when most tanks for oxygen that can be carried by a person last for a couple of hours at most. In space flight people don't typically use suits because they just supply o2 to the command module itself.

So a tank of oxygen for a scuba diver typically lasts about 45 min. So I get this is a game, so video game logic typically applies. So that's why I'm only suggesting it last for 2/3 of a cycle instead of less which is more then enough for everything your duplicant can do before they go back from chores.

5 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Why would a suit be able to have enough o2 for a cycle or two when most tanks for oxygen that can be carried by a person last for a couple of hours at most. In space flight people don't typically use suits because they just supply o2 to the command module itself.

To be fair, we also don't delete heat using steam turbines in real life, or exist in only two dimensions.

5 minutes ago, neumonics said:

To be fair, we also don't delete heat using steam turbines in real life, or exist in only two dimensions.

yes and that is exactly why I said i get that video game logic applies. But the way it is now it is entirely overpowered.

1 hour ago, crbd115 said:

If you actually read my post you would know that I said you would at minimum need masks. 
It seems to me like you literally read the bullet points and either didn't read or skimmed the main details because you were too busy with your assumptions based on the first thing you read.

Yes... sorry about that. I read this:

22 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Then also make it so that being in a vacuum for a larger amount of time without a full suit gives dupes something similar to hypothermia or etc.

and my mind just went to the "vacuum change" suggestion:

On 3/25/2021 at 11:46 PM, crbd115 said:

2: Duplicants get a debuff or injury for being in a vacuum too long.

Sorry if I made the wrong assumption...

As for building the same things again and again just because it works just fine, yes, I dislike that very much. In my last base-game colony before DLC was live, I started building open air electrolyzers with 6-8 wheezeworts on top just because I was bored of making just another SPOM.

6 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Yes... sorry about that. I read this:

and my mind just went to the "vacuum change" suggestion:

Sorry if I made the wrong assumption...

My vacuum change suggestion from before was the same I just didn't say hypothermia as an example. 

7 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

As for building the same things again and again just because it works just fine, yes, I dislike that very much. In my last base-game colony before DLC was live, I started building open air electrolyzers with 6-8 wheezeworts on top just because I was bored of making just another SPOM.

That's what happens in a game that you play multiple times, and that was part of why I suggested having alternate options for some asteroids for renewable oxygen. I want to make a rust deoxidizer version of the spom, I could now but its not renewable and o2 is plentiful already so I haven't bothered. But there needs to be other methods for the mid to late game then just the default electrolyzer because its boring after your X number of times building it. There are some methods but they are either utilizing exploits, or require so many systems that they become a chore in of themselves. Right now if I wanted I could build a renewable algae but it would involve making polluted oxygen, then turn it to slime, then turn it to algae, which why would I do if I can just use a deodorizer? Plus algae is a living thing that grows but in oni its just a consumable resource. Rust isn't renewable yet. So that basically leaves polluted oxygen into deodorizer as the second viable option but you have to make so many systems for renewable sand because pokeshells can't really keep up late game. People talk about boiling dirt and digging it up the resulting sand blocks and I just have to think but why? Even a critter that made 02 would be more interesting.

8 hours ago, crbd115 said:

yes and that is exactly why I said i get that video game logic applies. But the way it is now it is entirely overpowered.

Im sorry, I hit the quote button, it must have only quoted the first paragraph. I did not see the second one.

Public dining tables makes sense. Its weird to have assigned seating for a dining hall, even though I have to admit irl people do self sort sometimes. Public beds is a little OP and pretty strange.

34 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

Public dining tables makes sense. Its weird to have assigned seating for a dining hall, even though I have to admit irl people do self sort sometimes. Public beds is a little OP and pretty strange.

op? It just cuts down on space, which lowers travel time. How is it strange? There is no need for them to have assigned beds in a shared bedroom. Giving a private bedroom would be something that should be available for a small morale boost. Other colony sims have this. Barracks +1, Comfy Barracks + 2, Private Room +2, Comfy Private Room +4. It gives a reason to make nice things for your dupes which when I get to late game and my dupes have more things automated for them and more morale requirements I like to do.

Edit: Just as an example, was goofing off in a new playthough and I use the mods that do the public stations and this is what the basic set up looks like for me at the start of the gameimage.thumb.png.f4f6b72c536dcb3a0d787760fd443cd6.png

On 4/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, crbd115 said:

• Nerf Solar Panels
  • Bring back meteorites
  • More options for renewable oxygen
  • An option to remove the supply teleporter and dupes teleporter
  • Put reed fiber back into early-mid game.

+ More renewable resource spawns ( lots of different geysers & basic metal volcanos ) in the 1st initial starter map, either as default or optional world generation settings or in/for new starter worlds.

+ BIG MAP option

+ Extensive world generation settings for the 1st initial spawn starter map, similar to the base game and new ones...frozen core, teleporter spawns off/on, metal rich, oil tycoon, uranium etc.

Dear @crbd115 , I have highlighted and edited/shortened your original post to show what is most important for me and what I`m personally hoping Klei will soon look in to. Thank you for posting your extensive original list :excitement:

I would welcome it if Klei rather soon implements ( radioactive :confused: ) Regolith and takes care of my highlighted bullet points, additions and crbd115`s original posted long list.

2 hours ago, babba said:

+ More renewable resource spawns ( lots of different geysers & basic metal volcanos ) in the 1st initial starter map, either as default or optional world generation settings or in/for new starter worlds.

+ BIG MAP option

+ Extensive world generation settings for the 1st initial spawn starter map, similar to the base game and new ones...frozen core, teleporter spawns off/on, metal rich, oil tycoon, uranium etc.

Dear @crbd115 , I have highlighted and edited/shortened your original post to show what is most important for me and what I`m personally hoping Klei will soon look in to. Thank you for posting your extensive original list :excitement:

I would welcome it if Klei rather soon implements ( radioactive :confused: ) Regolith and takes care of my highlighted bullet points, additions and crbd115`s original posted long list.

Pretty sure they already confirmed the big map for the next update? Random world traits would definitely be nice to have again but I would like if either they had options for removing some traits from the pool or just be able to choose your traits since I actively just avoided medium, large, and mixed boulders. I do use a mod for this but I don't want to always use mods that don't always get updated or add bugs to the game.
I do actually like having less geysers but It would be nice if there were a couple of random ones since that made different playthroughs feel more unique. I'm sure that would be an option though that they would include.

3 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Pretty sure they already confirmed the big map for the next update? Random world traits would definitely be nice to have again but I would like if either they had options for removing some traits from the pool or just be able to choose your traits since I actively just avoided medium, large, and mixed boulders. I do use a mod for this but I don't want to always use mods that don't always get updated or add bugs to the game.
I do actually like having less geysers but It would be nice if there were a couple of random ones since that made different playthroughs feel more unique. I'm sure that would be an option though that they would include.

Yes, I find it interesting that someone had the idea/impression/fear/hope that having the big map option would exclude other asteroids.

From my point of view the big map option would include other asteroids, but if somebody wants to have 1 big map and exclude any other asteroids...Please don`t have any fear to speak up and to raise your opinion. :-P Many thanks.

7 minutes ago, babba said:

Yes, I find it interesting that someone had the idea/impression/fear/hope that having the big map option would exclude other asteroids.

From my point of view the big map option would include other asteroids, but if somebody wants to have 1 big map and exclude any other asteroids...Please don`t have any fear to speak up and to raise your opinion. :-P Many thanks.

Yea idk, I assume this current design of space if the future of space mechanics so I assume a bigger asteroid would have them, but boy idk how any computer will handle having a big map and a bunch of small ones running simultaneously :shock:

On 4/4/2021 at 10:40 PM, crbd115 said:

Nerf Solar Panels

One way to do that can be heat. There are only so many ways to bleed of heat and solar panels heating not just when they produce power but also when batteries are full will put solar panels more in line with other devices service-wise.

Late game that heat no doubt will turn into more power, but player has to get there first.

Another way might be radiation - if solar panels eventually become irradiated it will be both a boon and a curse.

Archived