We need tiles that let radbolts pass

I think the design intention regarding the difficulty curve and problem solving for the radbolts is to make them not pass through anything, so I don't see this happening, and I don't know if it should be done considering it would make handling them a lot easier. I can see a mod being made for it pretty soon by someone though.

22 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

I tried wth closed pneumatic door, definitely doesn't pass this

I don't know how your setup is but as far as I played it did and it seems it still passes through

Spoiler

*just a quick sandboxing
image.png.40cfe7c03954322b1948f437e1a11f99.png

*a colony a couple testing-updates back
687156226_atomicsetup.thumb.JPG.127823f4d1be15920a9c129237f8dbd3.JPG

3 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

but I think it releases all of them at once wen enabled.

I think they are released in sequence, 50 at a time, not all together. If I don't want any radbolt loss (radbolts passing through the already full research station) I put a switch and toggling it on-off a couple of times manually.

Yes. A way to properly storing them would be great! More controlled release too and a radbolt sensor.

12 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Radbolts are already a niche system

I wouldn`t call it niche if it`s required for research. It`s pretty much a core system, especially if they add more uses for radbolts, like a cooking station or medical station. A structure allowing radbolts to pass walls is the key to make reactors a proper radbolt source without leaking steam.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:58 AM, sakura_sk said:

The answer to that is no. Radbolts cannot pass through any tile, only pneumatic doors

ok maybe that was in a early version of the alpha for that update, I could've sworn I saw it somewhere, but I never tried to do it myself

19 hours ago, crbd115 said:

ok maybe that was in a early version of the alpha for that update

I played every version of the latest update (and previous update when it was first introduced as HEP) and there wasn't a moment where a radbolt could pass through any tiles, only pneumatic doors. It can also pass through downward corners but it can be any built tile and not only airflow or mesh tiles.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:13 AM, Sasza22 said:

I wouldn`t call it niche if it`s required for research. It`s pretty much a core system, especially if they add more uses for radbolts, like a cooking station or medical station. A structure allowing radbolts to pass walls is the key to make reactors a proper radbolt source without leaking steam.

Rad bolts can not pass through tiles, but radiation can, so its possible to put the radbolt generators on the other side of a wall. But yah, I hope they make a form of tile to allow radbolts pass through and nothing else.

Archived