Bathroom vs Space Outhouse!

I keep finding my dupes preferring to poop in the rocket while it is landed.

Can we get the dupes to prioritize a bathroom if it is a room on the base vs running up to a rocket to use that bathroom.

Or make the outhouse automated to disable and enable it.  I have lost count the number of time a dupes has run away from a bathroom, to put on a suit to use an outhouse in a rocket vs the bathroom in the base. 

I usually disable it, while otherwise setting the permissions to the pilot and / or crew specifically while flying.

Give another outhouse a higher priority or make a nicer bathroom available nearish the launching area.

Dupes will take the shortest path to a toilet ( most of the time ).

You will simply have to enable it again after take-off. Make sure it is functional before liftoff, building and disabling an outhouse will void the resource delivery request, so wait until after its been given a  dirt delivery.

Edit:

Disabling will 100% work. The other methods will vary. Priority might be related to life support, and building Priority, things get messy.

This can all happen if you have more dupes than toilets in a given break period. I will get the occasional toilet warning ⚠️ for no reason.

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I usually disable it, while otherwise setting the permissions to the pilot and / or crew specifically while flying.

Would be nice to have some kind of 'logic fitting' to send rocket's logic signal into command module (ex: in flight, landed, cargo full) and to have a logic input in Lavatory/Outhouse.

If I do not want Duplicants to access a Rocket I will set it to have no Crew and the Rocket Module to Crew.  I'm not sure this is 100% like Disabling the Building as mentioned above but it has worked well for me.

image.png.915acd3af3baac23af768146c949e458.png

On 3/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, Tartarus Plays said:

I keep finding my dupes preferring to poop in the rocket while it is landed.

No kidding, the second play through where I reached rocketry, I built a bathroom just before the entrance to the launch complex to prevent this, and dupes would still run past that bathroom to use the ones in the rockets.

EDIT:  And then it hits me.  Is THIS why I've been getting food poisoning contamination all over the base on this play through?  Do I have to put a sink on the solo capsules, or before/after the Atmo suit checkpoint?  I must commit science on my save!

EDIT2:  Yup, that didn't take as long as I expected, it was literally just about to happen in my save file.  They run back to the Atmo suit checkpoint covered in germs, hang up the suit (covered in germs), and run off, themselves still covered in germs.  I've got room for a hand santizer station on either side of the atmo suit checkpoint, so we'll see if either is effective.

Archived