Give us real doors

I know if I want to don't let gas os liquid pass I can put some droplets of liquid near the door, but. But I guess we deserve a working door, all setups will be a lot easier. I have resources to pay, I have energy, just take it and give me the damn door.

20 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Y'know, that does explain why I end up suffocating in my room sometimes: I have my real door shut and it prevents all airflow. 

A good alternative is stacks of hay between the door frames - Good airflow. If we had hay in the game, then would could have Gassy-Moo-reproduction.

Chrab chrabela da hayaadi ba framo, da flafla aero rah. Raah !mana portal.gifimage.png.266a87520aa2f563d6c64ff7639172f3.png

My suggestion was for two new buildings. One would be a proper tight airlock, which could have the animation of a rotating door. A duplicant would come in one end and gas/liquid would leak into the door it-self, but not past it, the gas/liquid then would need to be piped out before the duplicant can pass to the other side. After passing, if some more liquid/gas spills out as they exit (basically the side gas/liquid leaked into would always be accessible, but not the other), the door would become inaccessible from the other side. It would take power for opening and piping out any gas/liquid (so it can't be passed unless disabled while no power is provided) and requiring refined metal to build and be after the regular airlock in the research tree. A simple 1 x 2 door. You could even make a vacuum between 2 of them to prevent heat transfer, which should be easier to understand and come across for new casual players while giving more options to people who don't like to use liquid locks and would rather use something like this.

The second suggestion is a buff for the Visco Gel since the liquid locks can be made from petroleum + crude oil all the same and function pretty much the same way. Making the gel have a higher melting point (could be its current evaporation point) and it staying solid below that temperature. You could then make tiles out of Visco Gel that solids can pass through, but not liquids  If the tiles melt, you have a window of time before it turns to gas to fix the setup without the lock breaking. This would make the gel a highly sought-after resource and make many later setups more convenient to work with.

Archived