Fixes to automation to make it functional for water & gas

1 hour ago, marsnz said:

As per the first set of pictures, we're going from a pump, to a liquid filter, at which point it needs to split into clean water and polluted water, when that reservoir is full it needs to then go into the pipe up to a reservoir next to the supply teleporter and then the reverse coming back from the return.

Use a shutoff valve and a not gate from the automation port output on the tank you want to fill, when it gets high or full, the shutoff will engage.

It's counter intuitive, tank needs to first send a green signal to start, then a red when full or high.

4 minutes ago, marsnz said:

I'd have to vent air through to space, which means i lose everything and i need atmosuits .. which need cool air since the temp on the cool steam vents is 300f/100c when it goes through the electrolyzer it comes up at 95f/40c

Yes, space biome can be used to cool oxygen. Atmosuits isn't needed to go to space biome. You don't lose air in space biome only in the vacuum of space.

Atmosuits can have hot air. It doesn't damage dupes. Water from cool steam vent would be around 95 C (when water phase-changes it drops to 94-95 and not 100 C). Electolyzer outputs 70+ C (wiki info)

Automation for overflow:

Spoiler

Liquid element sensor

image.png.ba8b1403647a8d969b37cc7ddc0a466f.png

1 minute ago, The Plum Gate said:

they are outputs

image.png.941aa73e54634a987108f8d7c81a188a.png

Marsnz, one other thing that I have overlooked before is setting the slider bars. If they are not set to 80/60 or something and you use the default 100/0 you may get unexpected results.

16 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

The logic you showed in the original post doesn't make sense. You're ORing a signal with a NOT of the same signal. The output of the OR will always be set GREEN.

the idea is to get the second reservoir full before cutting in to the overflow. Both methods result in the same problem. the cutoff can't trigger because the OR or NOT are both still green, because there is still some liquid coming out of the reservoir into the supply teleporter. what i want to do is have a second output that is dedicated to opening the cutoff valves so you end up with two automation channels. One that deals with the flow forward, and another that triggers in the opposite, so when the tank is empty it closes the cutoff valve.

If i use a NOT before the cutoff valve the whole circuit just keeps flipping on and off infinitely.

16 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

The logic you showed in the original post doesn't make sense. You're ORing a signal with a NOT of the same signal. The output of the OR will always be set GREEN.

I might rebuild my whole system again and post the whole thing so you guys can see the entire thing fully built.

10 minutes ago, marsnz said:

because there is still some liquid coming out of the reservoir into the supply teleporter.

If i use a NOT before the cutoff valve the whole circuit just keeps flipping on and off infinitely.

What are your logic activation parameters set to on the reservoir?

So after rebuilding it, and testing it as i go ... it turns out the length of the automation is the issue here, when i get to 1000 automation pieces it starts doing this, i'll keep building and post the completed project assuming the world doesn't fall apart before i get it done

Archived