Regarding Berry Bushes

Twiggy Trees are subject to world regrowth and Grass Geckos have a chance of popping out of transplanted grass tufts, thus allowing you to obtain both variants in a single world, however, there's no such option for berry bushes so you either have one or the other. Maybe you get lucky a couple of the other variant down in the caves but so far in a 200 day juicy berry world I've had no luck finding a single berry bush which is locking me out of the bush hat (And I also really love using normal berry bushes to decorate my gardens).

So I suggest a reliable (or maybe even unreliable heck as long as it's possible) to transform berry bushes into their other variant, perhaps something similar to the Lunar Experiment from Hallowed Nights which is able to turn objects into their lunar equivalents but instead a potion that is able to turn Juicy Berry Bushes into Berry Bushes, Grass Geckos into Grass Tufts and Twiggy Tree Saplings into Saplings.

This would make it so you are able to obtain your preferred variant no matter what world you make after gathering enough resources to get ahold of these potions.

Don't hold your breath. People on this forum crucified me for suggesting a way of obtaining juicy berries in a default world. It's a good idea to be able to have more bushes and more varieties in one world, but people on the forums hate the idea. 

I would like to note that in endless mode, both types of berry bushes regrow around the world regardless of which version you start with. While a way to get them in survival would be fine, I do recommend playing endless regardless if your world is going to be long-term enough for this to be an issue, since in survival mode you can lose hours and hours of progress even with revival methods just by having some bad load times or dying too far from an amulet.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:01 AM, Sunset Skye said:

I do recommend playing endless regardless if your world is going to be long-term enough for this to be an issue

You don't know what world gen will grant you. If you boot up a survival world and end up with better world gen than any endless has ever given you, one won't shelve the world and exclaim "Oh well, it's survival, not worth keeping it."

On my survival, i have dev graves, basalt jail, pig torches, triple mac, good peninsulas and decent wormholes.

I don't think this is a good attitude for survival, dismissing the possibility of renewable bushes just because 'you're fated to die.'

Berry bushes in my opinion are worthless when not wild. They require mundane non engaging fertilization, do not germinate like farm crops, not special in the crockpot, aren't special cooked and quite frankly, take too much space.

Anyone could do without berries as a food source. All the updates up to this point has seen to that. Farms germinate, hunt still yields big food rewards, spiders, birds only requiring monster meat uncooked for eggs, the sea, stonefruit, kelp.

It honestly wouldn't be unbalanced for berries to just multiply somehow. In order to make the world more lively.

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I don't think this is a good attitude for survival, dismissing the possibility of renewable bushes just because 'you're fated to die.'

On 2/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Sunset Skye said:

a way to get them in survival would be fine

You're misunderstanding me. I said the suggestion is fine, but also offered a solution that's already in the game. There's no guarantee that this suggestion will get in, so I wanted to make sure anyone with this issue knows that there is a mode where berry bushes regrow. There was no intent to dismiss the suggestion.

Archived