Can we have an option to keep nosecone's tiles destructible?

To be honest, when I first encountered the exploit when you can replace steel tiles inside the rocket and build as you want - I was over exited!
An interesting challenge to make your rocket sustainable enough to last long trips in space. Make 2-3 duplicants rocket inhabitants and keep them there most of the time.

Isn't it a great idea to give a player a free empty space so he should figure it out for himself? The space that is given currently is far too small for that. And they need to use steel and diamond tiles to fence you off :-) Which are, to say, still drop on deconstruction, aren't they? What if the material that is needed for construction the module is only a "scaffolding". If you going to go small - build a small chamber. Good for earlygame. If you want to be creative - you have 256 tiles limit. Go!

And don't get me wrong, I don't want to impose my vision to others. If nothing else - I will still be building my "Generations spaceships", just a little bit of debug tools first. I just want to know the community's opinion on that topic.

As an example (and as a showcase i guess) here is my best approach to sustainability in space. Not vanilla friendly.

20210211170833_1.jpg

Isn't it a great idea to give a player a free empty space so he should figure it out for himself?

Clearly no. The whole point is keeping them alive with limited space and tools. You're just building another regular base. There is no need for rockets to do that

10 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I just wish we could break one tile to vent the capsule easily (like my stressed Banhi did with the window in the lie version). But that could be done in a different way as well.

Capsule's door (airlock) should have an 'vent' option instead.

Archived