Character Reworks Based On Lore

Now probably Wigfrid update was most shocking one because all of the players on forum was excepting something about her fight abilities, new weapons etc.
I'm totally fine with Wigfrid rework bc it's based on her lore.
She was an opera singer and she get opera powers by this update. Being able to crafting powerfull weapons and armors don't make much sense but we can accept this as "She studied so much about wiking culture and she learned to make perfect spear/armor." soo that's fine by me.

image.png.dca74067de915e9b5e413a989296ce63.png

About Wendy, even her family work on ghosts and that's making sense to giving sort of magical power to friendly ghosts or being able to help them. I remember there was a picture with carter family using an oujia board if I don't have schizophrenia.

Now I'm gonna talk about the 3 lucky character which I think they are gonna get update. I believe these are gonna be Webber, WX-78 and Wolfgang but who knows? Maybe my lovely main Maxwell can be next one!

About WX

As I see on WX update, most of players want to make WX kind of self-improving robot. Players want to make him able to make special robotic part and wear but I believe this don't make a little sense in lore. His purpose was not being Ultron from avengers, his purpose was being a discovering machine. He probably made by Wagstaff to discovering DST world and sending results back. He don't have intelligence   enough to creating huge discoverings. Even in quotes we see this guy can't even emphaty. His AI was created to survive, explore and feedback.

So what should update look like? The update should make him better at discovering and more powerfull about nature factor like his purpose. Not improving himself by part he found. Maybe he can eat stuffs but should not be able to making parts for himself.

image.png.1d62db17b30d998f5b69b4ad343f0a99.pnga

About Webber

Webber is a childish character. He have a big connection with spiders and love them. I think giving him more detailed and special spider friendship instead of giving him night vision (I saw on a thread) is much better idea. Because there is no sense to feed spiders except for starting a spider war. They are worthless little creatures. Here is few ideas I shared before. I think Klei should focus to make him little more friend of spiders. Being able to having a spider buddy

image.png.38d603dfb371fd02ff2e1422e2eb4c13.png

About Wolfgang

Now I don't like Wolfgang and I didn't played with him that much, BC of that I think I shouldn't give any opinion about him.

But as I know from lore, he should be a coward person.  The update should focus on his cowardness and use this as downside or maybe an upside???

Wolfgang is the most unstable character in the game, as far as I'm concerned. His rework must be carefully thought out, not only based on the lore, but also on the mechanics themselves. He should lose this ability as he becomes powerful from simply eating food. He should be given special conditions to become powerful. For example, give him some things to train first, and only after these workouts, eating any food, he becomes powerful.
And Yes.. His disadvantage should also be different. For example, for every creature killed, he would lose his sanity, because judging by his multiple quotes, he is a pacifistic person and generally tries for the sake of his friends. I hope that his rework will be well planned and give him at least some balance.
Well, in addition to the balance, I hope for at least some serious bits of his story. The developers have proven that they can make very cool short films about characters (Wendy, Winona, Wigfrid, Willow, Woodie (ha-ha..bruh..sorry)), so I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

This is gonna be controversial to say: but after Wormwood and Wurt got significantly easier to play as with the RWYS update I don’t think this is too far out of line-

I get the feeling that Wolfgang’s faster metabolism drain may be significantly lessened (Wolfgang mains proclaim that’s part of his downside..) But: is it really a downside? Or is it more of an unnecessary hassle? does burning through food faster than most other characters make you more challenging, or does it make you more of nuisance on others? (Especially if your not very good at the game and aren’t able to bring in as much food as your eating up)

This is where working out equipment comes into play: maybe instead of eating a ton of food and being mighty Wolfgang can lift his signature Dumbell, and Maybe.. by lifting this Dumbell- he can be Mighty on less than a completely full stomach.

Now I’ve already talked A LOT about how being mighty being just raw damage = BORING so I won’t get into how I feel that should be changed: But I do want to touch on his downsides

His current downside is faster food drain and being puny when not eating food. But his compendium description proclaims he has a Myriad of Phobias 

Where at ONCE does this play into gameplay at all? Unless his Phobias are “fear of being hungry, and “feeling like he’s skin & bones when not fed enough.” 
he currently has no phobias.

I hope Wolfgang is one of the 3 Reworks planned this year: I really feel like the Strongman could be made a whole lot more fun to play as beyond just raw damage output.

Webber- I feel like you CANT rework Webber without adding some new spider types to the game/ reworking existing spider types: And that will obviously take a good long time (which is probably why his rework hasn’t just happened already yet)

Wilson & Maxwell- The Hero & Antagonist of the original Don’t Starve game.. they are the ones that started it all they BOTH have the most Mystery and lore behind them.. they should be the ones reworked last- It’s only fitting.. especially if those reworks are Lore Heavy.

that leaves Wickerbottom, WX78, and Wes.

Wes is the one I really want to see reworked the most: 
The character we pick to play as shouldn’t be the single defining factor of how easy or how hard our gameplay will be. And when it comes to Wes: He’s like a blank slate he literally has nothing going for his character or personality at all except can’t talk, practices Balloon-O-Mancy..

Wes has a lot of lovely unique skins but playing as him is just as (if not even more) boring as Playing Wolfgang.

So, My 3 picks for 2021 Reworks are: Wolfgang, Wes & then maybe Webber.

Unless Walani counts ;)

WX, Wolfgang and Webber

I would like a rework of Webber and to please the fans they probably will  but he is a very unstable character for that because although he lacks skills, he works very well.
and if they don't make good decisions they could ruin it, while WX and Wolfgang are quite solid by themselves and some improvements would not hurt them, As we saw with woodie, there are characters who do not have great skills but they dont need them because it is their simplicity and their current skills (which work) that make them useful.

Wickerbottom is the only character that gives me the feeling that she was born with a rework because she is very, very well done but I would like them to surprise me and show that they can improve perfection

6 hours ago, Prime_Cocoa said:

Wickerbottom is the only character that gives me the feeling that she was born with a rework because she is very, very well done but I would like them to surprise me and show that they can improve perfection

I think she's quite a good character at the moment.
But in any case, there will be new books in her rework. And I hope that all the books will be useful. (Don't make books that will affect the players, because it will break the balance)
I would also like to give her a special building. She could create a bookcase to store her books in, instead of just throwing them around.

13 hours ago, Slagger said:

As I see on WX update, most of players want to make WX kind of self-improving robot. Players want to make him able to make special robotic part and wear but I believe this don't make a little sense in lore. His purpose was not being Ultron from avengers, his purpose was being a discovering machine. He probably made by Wagstaff to discovering DST world and sending results back. He don't have intelligence   enough to creating huge discoverings. Even in quotes we see this guy can't even emphaty. His AI was created to survive, explore and feedback.

So what should update look like? The update should make him better at discovering and more powerfull about nature factor like his purpose. Not improving himself by part he found. Maybe he can eat stuffs but should not be able to making parts for himself.

To be honest, the rework of this character is very difficult, because he is a robot.
If I were doing its rework... hate me... I would remove the gear enhancement feature... I would keep the gear-eating ability, slightly increasing their stats for him. And I would also add to it such a chip, as for killing any living creature, he replenishes his sanity, because he hates living things.
In general, I hope the developers will surprise us, because it is difficult for him to come up with something cool, so as not to overdo it.

Archived