Best of both worlds

I was just playing and I was thinking is there anyone like me that wants features of both the base game and the dlc together? I don't know how Klei is planning on taking the game in the future but I like the aspects of the dlc like the new creatures and food but I also like having the large map with random geysers and vents. I know the smaller maps and separate asteroids are supposedly to cut down the lag but I have a decent pc and I've not found much of a difference when several hundred cycles have passed. There's a bit more lag for me with the base game but not enough for me to want the smaller maps. I prefer having more than just two geysers at the start. I also think it kind of takes the fun out a bit when already knowing what geysers you are starting with. I was binge playing the dlc for a long time but now I've decided to go back to the base game for a while because I miss some of the features. But now I miss the grubgrubs and sweetles. :lol:

I would expect that for the full release of the dlc, there will be a single asteroid type that is like the vanilla worlds (and has the vanilla star map system), but has all the dlc things. It could be a button in the settings while choosing a world, or a different world entirely. The alternative to this would be for Klei to add all of the new things from the dlc to the base game, but then what is the point of getting the dlc then?

On 2/6/2021 at 10:31 PM, hypnotoad2016 said:

I was just playing and I was thinking is there anyone like me that wants features of both the base game and the dlc together? I don't know how Klei is planning on taking the game in the future but I like the aspects of the dlc like the new creatures and food but I also like having the large map with random geysers and vents.

Supporting the threads cause - Requesting a big DLC default map option via world generator here :p

On 2/7/2021 at 5:47 PM, Sasza22 said:

They confirmed they want to merge the games eventually and there should be a single asteroid option with all the new stuff available then.

We got a source on that chief? cause I hate the having to switch back and forth already, jeez

8 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

[Game Update And Holiday Notes] - 445422 "Unifying Spaced Out! with the Base Game"

Adding Base Game to the DLC...Perhaps owners of the DLC should be able to purchase the Base Game :black_eyed:

That purchase model would actually work with this title. One buys the DLC as standalone game and then can buy the Base Game as "Replacement Addon".

image.png.00b855dfb3d0671e8426fc70e6cea42f.png  :cheerful::love-struck: Make us happy Klei, give us the best of both worlds :love-struck::cheerful:

"I will work, I will try to hurry. Ok ok, I will work. This hammer is heavy. I am hungry. Our building is finished."

image.png.d471eb92016c92a61f3b4a1825abafd6.pngimage.thumb.png.9517a05a3cf1c0ed9fdf065a7d5b90fd.pngimage.png.d471eb92016c92a61f3b4a1825abafd6.pngimage.png.4374745629cdbd3af6ac6aef6c8755ec.png

Archived