How would you go about basing on the Lunar Island if you had/wanted to?

I have yet to make a lunar island base but i bet its a ton of fun as Wickerbottom. the fact that the archipelago has reeds too just makes it so perfect for her. 

Wormwood could also probably make a comfortable living there with his ability to quickly tank his enlightenment and raise it back whenever he wants to leave the island. He can also eat raw monster meat to tank his enlightenment even faster without worrying about the HP penalty. Bramble traps/husk also make short work of the horror penguins. and he can easily keep a bunch of mushroom planters going for raw green caps too. 

When i get to making a lunar island base i would first prioritize hound defense on the main island and Pearl's island too if its frequently visited. I would also make a moleworm farm on one of the smaller satellite islands to generate minerals, specifically nitre for bath bombs (and compost wraps ofcourse :D). i would also obviously bring my beefalo with me which will supply me with poop for the wraps and farms. (are there hunting tracks on the island? i actually dont know. if so, koalas could also be employed to produce poop) 

The island probably has got you covered for food between avocados, kelp and spider meat. a couple of farm plots will cover HP and sanity regen for non-Wormwood players. the hot springs being a year round source of water for watering cans is a really nice bonus. 

the forest stalker could also be of great use on the island i bet for the bulbs/berries with the added bonus of the sanity drain. 

oh and dont forget to bring a couple stacks of grass tufts 

17 minutes ago, Ohan said:

are there hunting tracks on the island?

I never seen any

17 minutes ago, Ohan said:

the forest stalker could also be of great use on the island i bet for the bulbs/berries with the added bonus of the sanity drain. 

Good idea. And reviving him to chop trees or marble is less tedious there without sanity food than in the main land

Edit: do the springs that are affected by a bath boomb gives heat? The saladmanders gets ripe by them so do them help in winter?

39 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Edit: do the springs that are affected by a bath boomb gives heat? The saladmanders gets ripe by them so do them help in winter?

Guess yes. Once during early spring/late autumn (not really remember, but I never travel there during winter) was a huge rain and I was without anything waterproof or just wanted to lower sanity... it was a bit too cold for that and springs stopped freezing.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:50 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:
On 2/3/2021 at 10:32 PM, Ohan said:

are there hunting tracks on the island?

I never seen any

Relating to the other recent thread about Hunting Rework: Lunar Island should have its own unique Hunt Animal, maybe remove Varg and Ewecus so on Lunar Island you can only find Koala or the new Moon Beast!

Archived