Pomegranate and Durian cooking and uses?

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Pomegranades heals 20 hp, they rot fast but still being kinda useful

Yea but gives no reasons to know them when potatoes basically last longer and give more food and gives same hp. Tomatoes are good too for many ways of cooking, especially for people like me who are enjoying playing Warly as of recently.

Roleplay wise I guess they are ok for fun on Wortoxes, but they don't come in use much anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, Mantas said:

Yea but gives no reasons to know them when potatoes basically last longer and give more food and gives same hp. Tomatoes are good too for many ways of cooking, especially for people like me who are enjoying playing Warly as of recently.

Roleplay wise I guess they are ok for fun on Wortoxes, but they don't come in use much anywhere else.

maybe if you dont want to use onions for combos i guess:wilson_lightbulb:

With Durian being so spiky I think maybe we can make weapons out of it, something like Durian bat which rot like Ham Bat, a nice alternative to Ham Bat, vegan style!

Can be adjusted depending on how people think whether it’s too convenient or not in ways like rotting time, damages and maybe sanity drop while holding due to it being smelly, and Wurt is immune from the effect.

Or some sort of Durian Grenade range weapon / Durian Trap that kinda acts like Walter’s poop ammo with how smelly it is, maybe deal small damage with the spike or something.

Well, Toma Roots and moreso Potatoes need nerfing, so that Pomegranates' rarity and healing feel more special.

As for Durian and Pomegranate otherwise, I'd like to see specific recipes for them. I'll just quote some ideas from my own recipe rebalance+suggestion thread:

Spoiler

POMEPADOUR CAKE
Stats: +3 health, +50 hunger, +50 sanity
Recipe: 1 Pomegranate, 0,5 Fruit, 1 Egg or Dairy
Fillers: Cannot be Meat, Fish, Vegetables or Inedibles
Spoilage: 10 days
Special: None
Look: A big cake with toppings made of pomegranate bits and other fruit.
Typical ingredients: 1 Pomegranate, 1 Berry, 1 Egg, 1 Ice
Considering that Pomegranates have no specific recipes, this is one idea for that. Also, the name is not misspelled (Pomepadour), the pun is very much intended.

MAKESHIFT NOGADAS (Probably not the best name for it, but it's close enough)
Stats: +60 health, +50 hunger, +15 sanity
Recipe: 1 Pomegranate, 1 Pepper,  1 Roasted Birchnut, 0,5 Meat
Fillers: None (requires 4 ingredients)
Spoilage: 6 days
Special: None
Look: Similar to Chiles en Nogada (a Mexican dish) which could generally be described as chilis stuffed with meat and topped with Nogada (a walnut-based sauce) and pomegranate seeds (among other things).
Typical ingredients: 1 Pomegranate, 1 Pepper, 1 Roasted Birchnut, 1 Morsel
Another Pomegranate recipe, boasting quite the statbonuses, but also very specific ingredient-requirements to go with that. It's basicly an amped up version of Stuffed Pepper Poppers, but without the temperature-bonus.

DURIAN CENDOL
Stats: +0 health, +37,5 hunger, +25 sanity
Recipe: 1 Durian, 1 Ice, 1 Sweetener
Fillers: Cannot be Meats, Fish or Inedibles
Spoilage: 10 days (and 30 days in an Ice Box, instead of 20)
Special: Reduces your temperature by 1 degree per second for 15 seconds
Look: A glass with icy, green-yellow fluid (think of it as a slushie, basicly), with some bits of Durian as topping
Typical ingredients used: 1 Durian, 2 Ice, 1 Honey
Durian doesn't have a specific recipe for it, so here's a suggestion for that! While it's not particularly potent, it does make use of the Durian, an otherwise not too useful fruit, and adds another temperature-lowering dish. Also, due to its icy nature, it lasts long when stored in an ice box, so that's a good benefit too.

CHICKEN DURIAN CURRY
Stats: +10 health, +62,5 hunger, +5 sanity
Recipe: 1 Durian, 1 Drumstick (cooked ones are allowed)
Fillers: Cannot be Fish or Inedibles
Spoilage: 6 days
Special: Increases your temperature by 1 degree per second for 15 seconds
Look: More or less, a plate with chicken drumsticks, durian and a chunky sauce
Typical ingredients used: 1 Durian, 1 Drumstick, 2 Ice
Another Durian-based dish. Again, while it's not particularly potent (although a bit stronger in stats than the Durian Cendol), it does make use of the Durian, an otherwise not too useful fruit, and adds another temperature-increasing dish.

Archived