Maxwell and farming

Pretty obvious what I mean here, how can Maxwell be of any use in the farming process?

I was switched to him during my decision on more rabbit hutches building, and started with cleaning my overgrown farms. Summoned some diggers, who only dug up detritus and nothing else, even though I had the garden full of old forget-me-lots which i had to get rid of by hand. 

It's hard to tell if it would be useful to have diggers harvest grown plants (giant and normal, maybe rotten) since you may want to keep them in the ground to pick later for fresh food, and automatically digging out weeds seems a bit overpowered. And there's plenty of rabbits near my farm, greedy little pests. And birds can eat the seeds.

A hoe clone, as funny as it sounds, makes me think of only one use, which would be tilling the exact same spot after you harvest a plant. Otherwise, it would be a mess. 

Watering clone? I mean, it sounds nice but would it be worth it? How would that even work?

And that's all to consider if we even need Maxwell to have any advantage to farming. What do you think?

I had a rework idea about Maxwell, I don't want to repeat things so here is the post.

You talk about a nice point of farming/Maxwell. I will talk on the post I shared before because current state of Maxwell is not useful for any new system.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

A hoe clone, as funny as it sounds, makes me think of only one use, which would be tilling the exact same spot after you harvest a plant. Otherwise, it would be a mess. 

I think it's nice. When you put a hoe to the hand slot, puppets will fill all farm plots. The problem is the which tile they are gonna choose? 3x3 or 4x4? If this problem be solved I would be happy with it.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

It's hard to tell if it would be useful to have diggers harvest grown plants (giant and normal, maybe rotten) since you may want to keep them in the ground to pick later for fresh food, and automatically digging out weeds seems a bit overpowered. And there's plenty of rabbits near my farm, greedy little pests. And birds can eat the seeds.

If my slot system exist, this will be solved until get 4 stock of item.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

Watering clone? I mean, it sounds nice but would it be worth it? How would that even work?

Watering is not a big problem I think.

Also that kind of update would make him more OP. I think he should get a nerf that opposite of Winona one.

He should get attack faster by Charlie in dark. This would make super sense in lore and huge danger to the new players. 

Diggers don't dig weeds because you might not want them dug up. In a normal garden they're generally detrimental, but the weeds do give you items which can be helpful so some people make weed gardens.

Maxwell's farming advantage is that it takes 12 logs per rigamajig, 6 logs per watering can, and should you choose to make them 12 logs per composter and 16 logs per produce scale. Not too much of an advantage, admittedly, but he already has a lot in other areas.

Archived