How to make ice?

Duplicants will deliver water to the Ice Maker and it will automatically churn until the ice is made. Once full it will wait for a Dupe to use up the ice.

The cycle will repeat only until the ice is used up...

Take care with the heat that's generated.

Now, if there only was a way to make ice-cream.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Lizziepeia said:

Currently playing with Space Out dlc. I made a Ice Maker, but when i click on it, it doesn't show the production tab like Metal Refinery does. Am i doing something wrong? How do i make ice? 

Interesting that you assumed it would show a list of things to produce like the rock crusher, smelter or kiln. Guess it would help to have them consistent, but at the moment duplicants simply put water in whenever power is provided to the ice machine to turn that into ice and you don't have as much control over it without adding some automation signal to it.

2 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Interesting that you assumed it would show a list of things to produce like the rock crusher, smelter or kiln. Guess it would help to have them consistent, but at the moment duplicants simply put water in whenever power is provided to the ice machine to turn that into ice and you don't have as much control over it without adding some automation signal to it.

yes, I found it very interesting because I had never stopped to think, and it really doesn't have a standard

18 hours ago, Tytan said:

it really doesn't have a standard

Most machines in ONI have one kind of output, and don't have a menu... eg. composts, oil refineries, etc. Only those machine that can have multiple outputs have a menu to choose the output you want. It seems logical to me.

4 hours ago, TheMule said:

Most machines in ONI have one kind of output, and don't have a menu... eg. composts, oil refineries, etc. Only those machine that can have multiple outputs have a menu to choose the output you want. It seems logical to me.

for me too, but thinking about the industrial process, you stop to analyze it and you don't have a selection of how much you want to produce of a certain material you just produce it "infinitely" hoping that the production in the coefficient: machines x time, will be your final result

that is, you don't say "I want 100 tons of fertilizer"
you see how much it produces in a certain time and how much it costs and leaves it producing until you supply and left over

so for the more advanced ones using other processes to end activities and optimize the time and energy expenditure "eg: timer and logic gates"

I found out what was wrong. Apparently, i've made some ice previously and there was already some ice in the machine, which i guess was why i couldn't make ice. I didn't check the machine itself, i simply tried to build a temperature shift plate made out of ice. It turns out that the amount of ice inside the ice machine wasn't enough for me to make a temperature shift plate, so i assumed that i had zero ice. 

Archived