Mods W/ Spaced Out (BUT NOT ON SPACED OUT)

Checked a few posts, I admit I probably didnt look hard enough, and before I get flamed like the others I seen, Im not trying to use Mods in Spaced Out DLC. Im trying to use my mods on the normal ONI but I have Spaced Out installed. I have very VERY slow internet, like 3Mbps Download so Id rather not test out that "Deactivate DLC" without making sure. Is that the only way for me to use my mods in the normal game? I have to get rid of Spaced Out completely with that button?

Appreciate the Help!

image.thumb.png.837176669f2d8874bf8ebf399f62f815.png

It will uninstall the DLC version and reinstall normal (which is about 500 megs)

You can use mods with the DLC version, once people start converting their mods, but as a few who have tried have issues already, it might take a while

Yes currently its the only way for now.

You may try the following workaround (i dont know if it works)

Copy your DLC-installation to another place, then uninstall the DLC via ingame button.

If you want to go back to the dlc, copy the normal game to another location, and copy the dlc-ready installation back in the steam folder. 

MAYBE, just maybe this works, and steam will not download everything again.

Multiple folders are NOT working. I made a vanilla and DLC folder. Regardless of which one I start, it will start the game in the default location or not start if there is no game there (renamed both). Ok so rename one when I start it. Starting vanilla while steam thinks the DLC should be there forces the DLC to download.

In theory you could have two folders, swap them and through the steam interface remember to turn the DLC on/off before starting. You can right click the game, select updates and change to "only update when I launch the game". At least in theory this will work, but it's still not simple to switch and it comes with the risk of messing up and still start a download.

Maybe steam offline mode can be used to avoid downloads.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:15 PM, Natjur said:

It will uninstall the DLC version and reinstall normal (which is about 500 megs)

You can use mods with the DLC version, once people start converting their mods, but as a few who have tried have issues already, it might take a while

I made a very simple mod that was still operational before the DLC arrived, and I'd actually like to continue its development now.

This is the first post I read when looking for modding info and DLC, continuing the search now.

Thanks for the info!

I think it was intended you make a snapshot backup of the installation folders with the dlc activated and with the dlc deactivated.

This means cramming them both in independent zip files and restoring them manually to their destinations when you want to switch.

This should fool the steam client and game into thinking you have made a decision about the content already. You simply do this outside the game.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:42 PM, Nightinggale said:

Multiple folders are NOT working. I made a vanilla and DLC folder. Regardless of which one I start, it will start the game in the default location or not start if there is no game there (renamed both). Ok so rename one when I start it. Starting vanilla while steam thinks the DLC should be there forces the DLC to download.

In theory you could have two folders, swap them and through the steam interface remember to turn the DLC on/off before starting. You can right click the game, select updates and change to "only update when I launch the game". At least in theory this will work, but it's still not simple to switch and it comes with the risk of messing up and still start a download.

Maybe steam offline mode can be used to avoid downloads.

have you think ed about run exe file directly in game folder instead off running at steam?

Archived