Weapon suggestion that doesn't deserve in Suggestion Forum

This time I suggest some ideas that doesn't deserve to be put into the Suggestion Forum. Just share my creativity. If you are the creators, what would you like to add. (I have learned to not share my creativity in that forum, so I will share in here instead) 

High Tier Special Weapon

Other than normal weapon like Spear, Ham Bat and Thulecite Club, players can make some higher tier weapon that required to defeat certain bosses. These are the rewards and weapon that fit into Don't Starve

1.Katana 4x flint 4x twig 4x rope/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 27.2 (0.8xSpear) damage. Increase 10% movement speed when held. Increase 50% attack speed when held. 150 durability. 

2.Saber 4x flint 3x twig 3x rope/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 37.4 (1.1xSpear) damage. Increase 100% attack speed when held. 100 durability. 

3.Mace 3x cut stone 6x hound's tooth 1x log/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 57.8 (1.7xSpear) damage. Decreases 25% movement speed when held. Can cast a special whirling attack that deals 116 damage and stun locks the mob, but loses 3 durability for each mob. 75 durability. 

4.Royal Sword 3x flint 3x gold 3x thulecite fragments/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 34 damage. Doesn't have special perk. 600 durability. 

5.Claymore 6x flint 6x twig 3x rope/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 47.6 (1.4xSpear) damage. Slightly larger attack range. Increase 30% attack speed when held. 200 durability.

6.Javelin 3x Flint 3x twig 2x rope/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons) (1 - 2, random durability)

Deal 30 (3xBare Hand) damage. Increase 25% attack speed when held. Can throw to target and deal 100 damage, cost 10 durability and 33% chance to break. 30 durability.

7.Cutlass 6x flint 6x twig 3x rope/ Found with wasted survivors (Skeletons)

Deal 39.1 (1.15xSpear) damage. 66% not stunlocked by attackers when held. Increase 50% attack speed when held. 150 durability.

8.Excalibur 1x saber 1x royal sword 1x claymore 3x thulecite 1x red gem

Deal 57.8 (1.7xSpear) damage. Slightly larger attack range. Increase 100% attack speed when held. Not stunlocked by attackers when held. 300 durability.

All recipes must be learned from rare blueprints. 

Katana Blueprint: Dropped by Moose or Antlion (33%)

Saber Blueprint: Dropped by Deerlops or Treeguard (33%)

Mace Blueprint: Dropped by Bearger or Ancient Guardian (33%)

Royal Sword Blueprint: Obtain from digging Ancient Statues (15%)

Claymore Blueprint: Dropped by Klaus (33%)

Javelin Blueprint: Dropped by Dragonfly (33%) or with the scale she dropped when she takes enough damage (3%).

Cutlass Blueprint:  Dropped by Ancient Fuelweaver or Toadstool. (33%)

Excalibur Blueprint: Putting Saber Blueprint, Royal Sword Blueprint and Claymore Blueprint inside Ancient Chest. Then the chest will spit out an Excalibur Blueprint and an Excalibur. (Consume three blueprints)

Literally everyone would post their suggestions in general chat if they were allowed to and if they thought the devs would see them more. Not hating on the ideas, as I would love to see more weapons in the game and I find these very creative ideas, but this 100% deserves to be in suggestions.

Tbh that just looks extremely moddy, I'm sure you can find something like that on the workshop already.
Don't Starve is more about makeshift crafting from what you collect, not ultra refined blades and such.

So, I see that there is many things wrong with this post, but I can highlight the 3 most egregious in my eyes.

1) Not being put in the suggestions tab by suggesting that it is above others.

While I don't particularly care about the "Suggestions" section of the forum when Klei isn't looking for suggestions, I also don't think that your idea is one that is above others. Others have suggested weapons, some have had good ideas and others not, but that doesn't mean that not a singular one is above being properly organized because the creator thinks their better then others. Tbh, if you didn't add that comment, it would be fine, but I find it disrespectful to imply that you have more "creativity" then others. A more fitting title would something like "Ideas of more Boss Weapons" or "Some Ideas for more Medieval Weapons" instead of the current "Weapon suggestions that doesn't deserve in Suggestion Forum".

2) The Weapons Simply don't fit

Quite simply, they don't fit thematically into Don't Starve. We have a myriad of interesting weapons like a weapon made of meat and a clubs that summons tentacles to whip the enemies, and the range of ideas you gave are both generic and a hard divergence from the general mythical ideas around the other ideas. While they could fit in other video games, these ideas simply are trying to fit a decagon in a triangle hole, they don't fit.

3) The Weapons are unbalanced af

The weapons are so underwhelming or absurdly broken. It is clear that some care or balance have went into these ideas, but every idea has some flaw that makes it either godly or worthless. First, weapons either have too much damage and durability or not. Items like the katana may seem like a good idea at first, but the items severely low damage makes it near impossible to actually use as you could simply conserve the resources by making a basic spear. On the other end side of the spectrum, the Mace deals too much damage as it not only then takes the title of both the highest potential damage and a way to demolish entire hoards of hounds and spiders with generally no risk and not being character locked. While you could say that the attack is slower then a normal attack, the way multipliers work could still make it leagues better then the others.

Second, the weapon crafting costs are whack. While some items may have more finely fitting crafting costs then others, almost all of them make you use WAY more resources then necessary. While it may be novel to use them as a handicap, or just to see what they do, the crafting cost would make almost every other weapon in DST seem more cheap in comparison. The simple fact that you can use the flint and rope from the Katana to make 4 spears that would be wildly more useful is a clear sign of this.

Finally, the method of getting these weapon fit like giving shoes to birds. Locking them behind bosses seems like a good idea at first, but instead just makes them tedious to get as they simply are far too late for a majority of players. I may be a odd duck when it comes to how fast I progress in this game, but I do know that almost no one would actually think of challenging something like Dragonfly without at least knowing how to make a superiors weapon like Hambats or Dark Swords, and thus Javelins would be almost worthless except for sniping birds. It's like getting things like basic potions in a RPG when you are literally on the gates of the final boss.

Overall it's novel, but nothing special. Although, I will say that the idea of getting really end game gear by using the Metheus chest, when you actually use 6 items, as I think that would actually be a neat idea to keep the real good stuff until the tip of the end.

Well on the topic of Weapon suggestions: I just want to have upgradeable spears- Spears that I can customize by for example crafting using a rarer resource.

Why? Because uhm I have a TON of skins for spears- too bad that the most cosmetically pleasing item in the game- also happens to be one of the least effective weapons to use.

Please consider fixing this Klei.. and at this point.. I wouldn’t care if they needed Green Gem shards to craft- I just want to actually have an effective weapon with all the skins I have for it.

my OTHER Weapon suggestion is I want a “Newbie Friendly” version of a Thelucite Club, something that’s a lot easier to get, for example maybe I can combine 1 Hambat + 2 Tentacle Spikes tied together with 1 Rope to create a Thelucite Tier club... but without having to engage in End Game content to craft.

Other than that, those are the only weapon suggestions that I have. A lot of the things you suggest here sounds a lot less like DST- and more like your wanting DST+Call of Duty, I mean Claymores don’t really seem to fit the theme of DS... you already have tooth traps and bramble traps that serve the same basic function of Claymore (activating when stepped across) but you know.. without the explosive Kaboom.

757C35F7-F335-4725-B4D6-5D20C7FA72FF.png.378491310747eaf6c13c6b5eeddba8ae.png

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Claymores

Claymores in this context means the sword variant. Just like how a "Raspberry Crown" could refer to either a tasty pastry or a Wasp, 2 wildly different things can be labeled the same thing that have near no relation to each other.

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

you already have tooth traps and bramble traps that serve the same basic function of Claymore (activating when stepped across) but you know.. without the explosive Kaboom.

I think you are refering to other weapon in some videogame but that isnt the meaning of claymore

Claymore is a 2 handed sword with double edge

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Newbie Friendly” version of a Thelucite Club, something that’s a lot easier to get, for example maybe I can combine 1 Hambat + 2 Tentacle Spikes tied together with 1 Rope to create a Thelucite Tier club... but without having to engage in End Game content to craft.

The club has the same damage than a hambat so a low tier club will be weak

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well on the topic of Weapon suggestions: I just want to have upgradeable spears- Spears that I can customize by for example crafting using a rarer resource.

Why? Because uhm I have a TON of skins for spears- too bad that the most cosmetically pleasing item in the game- also happens to be one of the least effective weapons to use.

You can upgrade them to staffs and most of the skins will work, they are so useful

For example ice staff makes fighting spider queen easier since you can freeze her and clean her spiders when she spawns to much spider warriors

Of the fire staff to acelerate fights with high hp mobs 

Archived