Fleshy bulb stack in one place mod

1 minute ago, UserBeLikeXD said:

So I was playing in this server and I saw like 40 fleshy bulb stacked in one place on a boat, I wanna know what mod this is cuz it seems very useful

This actually isn’t a mod at all. In fact, you can actually do this on console, because the strat relies on a controller for it to work.

Basically, you normally can’t plant lureplants on top of each other due to overlapping sprites. However, that is the only reason as well. Lureplants (and a few other things) have zero hitbox when placed next to other things. This means that if something is able to bypass the overlap, you can stack as many of a specific item in a single spot. It just so happens controllers don’t have to worry about overlapping sprites compared to mouse placing, so the only thing that matters is the hitbox check, which it will always pass when placing lureplants.

In general, just bring the given amount of lureplants you want in your inventory, aim the placer where you want the lureplants to go, and that’s about it. With that in mind, you can easily place any amount of lureplants in a single spot with minimal effort. Here’s a screenshot of 100 I planted, for instance:

AEACE4E6-C68E-4A5E-8F0D-C9749FFDB0C7.png.18c50ab68135ea10640b9eac8f259022.png

47 minutes ago, UserBeLikeXD said:

So I was playing in this server and I saw like 40 fleshy bulb stacked in one place on a boat, I wanna know what mod this is cuz it seems very useful

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1262092067

Note that once you start placing the bulbs that you'll want to not move until your entire stash of bulbs are placed.  They have bigger collision hulls than the default placement distance so once you're out of the bulb collision you can't place more without some tomfoolery.

19 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1262092067

Note that once you start placing the bulbs that you'll want to not move until your entire stash of bulbs are placed.  They have bigger collision hulls than the default placement distance so once you're out of the bulb collision you can't place more without some tomfoolery.

have you considered maybe reporting it again?

They didn't have zarklord in 2017, you see.

14 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Perhaps.  However, the bug reporter still has the ticket labeled as 'pending' so I'd rather I didn't issue a duplicate report.

Do you really believe they've been pondering the issue for 3+ years by now? Especially when you've spoonfed them the problem and solution?

that isn't how game development works. It's more than likely they have so many things to keep track of, inevitably sometimes stuff slips through the cracks.

besides it's been tested and proven that bringing a problem to more attention is more likely to have it addressed :encouragement:

Archived