Spaced Out DLC Feedback

• Get rid of the lag when opening research menu.

• Take out clothing or make it simpler and organized.

• Take out rooms or make it simpler and non-arbitrary. Maybe have to revamp the morale system with it.

• Get rid of the prebuilt rooms unless they follow the same game rules and not be understandable or darken; buggy system anyway.

• Let us design dupes rather then rerolling.

• Make the portal be charged by the player and only provide dupes and maybe player stored blueprints.

• Make the copy button useful like the copy blueprint mod.

• Make rocket building more simplistic.

• Make rockets more useful in order to get rid of the portal tubes and if there must be portal tubes have them be built by players.

• If we need to supply rocket interiors then we need new devices to be able to do it properly.

• Let us travel in space forever away from our starting position if we choose; I want to planet hop along increasingly difficult planets.

• Lots more rocket options.

• More options for crafting; ridiculous that we need to planet hop around to find the perfect material for making strings; currently reeds are the rarest thing in the universe and nothing can substitute them.

• The droids need to have clear limitations or none; currently seems to be limited because they don't want us to just have droids or don't want use to be able to complete rooms; make things more coherent.

• Revamp the illness and medical system; it is just ignored now and taking up game space.

• I have to top priority for dupes to load conveyor loaders.

• Why can't the rockets landing pad just be ladders as well; so annoying.

• Drones break down from water then cannot be fixed nor destroyed. Drone began reworking after floor it was standing on was removed.

• Dupes wont take unoccupied cot when at a different asteroid.

• Rework consumables. They should eat food that is the closest to rotting and if it is an ingredient it should not be consumable or never be consumed over a dish.

• Rework priority. Or at the very least give some sort of tooltip so we can know what priority links to what.

• Just make the entire top bar of things better.

• I can't even drop food off for a rocket for a colonist.

• Asteroids resource values being confused with other asteroids.

• I'm going to go ahead and assume ranching still involves the player's care rather then being handled by the dupes properly; not that I have ever used it since I've seen the state it was left in.

• Why do some generators output polluted water without an output pipe? The petroleum generator for example has a specific place where it is outputting so why can I not have an output pipe?

• Being unable to make bottled water with a pitcher pump and a pitcher pump alone; except in some instances a mop.

• I can't rename or even see the name of rockets in most views.

Dupes wont take unoccupied cot when at a different asteroid.

I'd like to see their cot assignments reset when they are moved to a new planetoid.  This way they should take an unoccupied cot.  This would also free up the cot on the planetoid they left.

9 hours ago, EleriusX said:

It is mostly a list of unactionable suggestions, but I agree about the cot one. If there is a free cot, have them auto assign it rather than sleeping on the floor.

Autofreebed-dupe-assignment has always worked, if it currently does not and you find it is a bug, please post it as a bug. Thank you :p

10 hours ago, Darryl000999 said:

If you want the game that easy their is a NO SWEAT mode for easy play, as it is its way to easy as it is :( got to play with all max settings just to get a average game :(

No I want the game to work and be cohesive. There is a difference between a challenge and annoyance; I want a challenge.

9 hours ago, EleriusX said:

It is mostly a list of unactionable suggestions, but I agree about the cot one. If there is a free cot, have them auto assign it rather than sleeping on the floor.

Whatever unactionable is supposed to mean.

The game was left in a mess when they 'released 1.0' and they made it sound like they would right that for the DLC; they even said much of the game will change for those who don't even purchase it. But oh wait they revamped one window and replaced a crummy system with another crummy system. But They are multithreading now so everyone can bask in the glow of their ignorance with no performance improvement but multiple worlds; woopdidoo. I honestly don't see how this fact is ignored and denied by people and Klei should be ashamed of the state they released the game in and even more so now.

Unactionable means that your suggestions are too abstract, and don't provide any concrete example of what you want changed.

"Make rocket building more simplistic."

How, by removing options? By making it a single complete building?

"Lots more rocket options."

How, by adding more options? How does this align with making it simpler?

Your suggestions are all over the place, and don't have anything concrete for the dev team to act on.

Well if I have to tell the developers exactly what to do and how to do it then they need to pay me not the other way around.

Rockets needs to be more simplistic for the player; right now it is a mess. You have to know what parts go where when really there is no reason for the player to be involved in that part. The player has to build things in the cockpit which add even more unnecessary complications. And weird issues like building ladders all over rather then just having prebuilt things for dupes to walk on in the rocket platform structure.

Lots more rocket options because there is two rocket types now; co2 and sugar. Cargo hold barley anything so now we have portals because why not I guess just subvert their own systems.

My suggestions are what I wrote down while playing the dlc; things that made the experience not enjoyable. Many things that should have been done prior to a dlc. Of course they are "all over the place" in the sense I was not focused on just one thing while playing; as I am not a paid tester. Each one I made can be expanded into pages of discussion but as an unpaid consumer of the product I do not have the time.

Taking request abstraction to a whole new level

-> Support the Magma Engine Intellectual Challenge

13 hours ago, EleriusX said:

Unactionable means that your suggestions are too abstract, and don't provide any concrete example of what you want changed.

"Make rocket building more simplistic."

How, by removing options? By making it a single complete building?

"Lots more rocket options."

How, by adding more options? How does this align with making it simpler?

Your suggestions are all over the place, and don't have anything concrete for the dev team to act on.

Make great game !

...also add concrete

7 hours ago, bumbaclad said:

Cargo hold barley

See now that's a concrete example I can get behind! "Barley", hops, water and yeast; drunk dupes, here we come!

I know it was a typo, but it is actually the only concrete suggestion in your attempt at being more specific.

6 hours ago, EleriusX said:

See now that's a concrete example I can get behind! "Barley", hops, water and yeast; drunk dupes, here we come!

I know it was a typo, but it is actually the only concrete suggestion in your attempt at being more specific.

I'm sure it's the only concrete suggestion; #1 A okay troll. Live to insult people on forums.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, bambalad said:

Make rocket building more simplistic.

its already so easy...if anything, all that needs to happen is just another animated tutorial explaining the basic principles of rocketry....

give some sort of tooltip so we can know what priority links to what.

OxygenNotIncluded_njww3L485B.thumb.png.f1da6b972f484ed884ce9d23f99e0062.png

there literally is a tooltip that displays what priority is what...

I can't even drop food off for a rocket for a colonist.

put it in a ration box or use an auto dispenser....

Rework consumables. They should eat food that is the closest to rotting and if it is an ingredient it should not be consumable or never be consumed over a dish.

there is no difference between a food that is close to rotting and one that isnt in terms of their morale...and you can literally just set a consumable to not be consumed if you deem it an ingredient...

Drones break down from water

i hate this

Take out clothing or make it simpler and organized.

this implies that clothing is too complicated....snazzy suits give +30 decor, warm/cool clothing either gives insulation or takes insulation...if anything, the cool vest should be buffed since as far as i can tell, taking away insulation is useless...

More options for crafting; ridiculous that we need to planet hop around to find the perfect material for making strings; currently reeds are the rarest thing in the universe and nothing can substitute them.

atmo suits are extremely powerful...i 100% support them only being available a couple dozen cycles into the game when you can afford to send a dupe trailblazing onto the forest asteroid...

9 hours ago, Lbphero said:

its already so easy...if anything, all that needs to happen is just another animated tutorial explaining the basic principles of rocketry....

I found it very confusing the entire time; even after getting into space. When you don't want to save scum and your save took 20 hours to get to that point this leaves a very bad feeling trying to figure out things and get information on things so cryptic.

OxygenNotIncluded_njww3L485B.thumb.png.f1da6b972f484ed884ce9d23f99e0062.png

there literally is a tooltip that displays what priority is what...

I can't seem to figure some things out. Like need to set top priority to get dupes building and transporting into rockets; top priority to get them to load an auto dispenser.

I'll start paying more attention to that right window to see if I can put it all together.

put it in a ration box or use an auto dispenser....

Problem I have with either option is it seems to be an all or nothing approach unless you know a trick?

there is no difference between a food that is close to rotting and one that isnt in terms of their morale...and you can literally just set a consumable to not be consumed if you deem it an ingredient...

Problem is I have different needs for different asteroids; so yes that did work for me before the dlc but now it is just cumbersome having to keep doing things based on single dupes and where they are now. This is why I feel an overhaul is needed.

this implies that clothing is too complicated....snazzy suits give +30 decor, warm/cool clothing either gives insulation or takes insulation...if anything, the cool vest should be buffed since as far as i can tell, taking away insulation is useless...

It is just messy. If dupes had a wardrobe in their bedrooms so I could easily select in a screen what dupe wears what thing or could decide what to wear themselves based on needs. But as it is now I think maybe it should just be removed to make room for other game improvements.

atmo suits are extremely powerful...i 100% support them only being available a couple dozen cycles into the game when you can afford to send a dupe trailblazing onto the forest asteroid...

Thing is you would never send someone on a rocket ship or out into a surface with no atmosphere without a suit; just seems wrong to be able to build a rocket ship but not create string for a suit. I'm sure there are better ways to balance the game.

Archived