Hello guys! (•ω•)/

I noticed that in our ONI database concrete is one of the abounded resources...

I am not a pro on computer stuff. But I actually looked at other wiki websites.

Concrete, a highly heat resistant material with a good durability and insulation. Probably most people knows about that especially if you are living downtown.

Well, I have memories about the bloopers featuring someone got stuck inside dried concrete... Hopefully that blooper will not take place... in this game.

Well, let’s introduce my idea about concrete. (Actually that is a improvement on that material)

Concrete is made in a refinery named concrete barral which you can process crushed stone and lime with water (from pipelines).

I’ll refer the concrete freshly outputed is liquid rather than bricks of concrete, to make it realistic. A bottled concrete will become a brick when it is exposed to any gases, even in a vaccum, for 3 minutes, no matter it is transported by duplicants or conveyors.

Ok, to counter-balance the drying problem, I’ll prefer the concrete barral only manufactures concrete once you have any unfilled concrete mould, which will be converted into concrete block upon drying. A concrete block boosts duplicant movement speed by 60%, but I am not sure about the decor bonus. Or when you have a bottle emptier that you want to dump concrete out.

I have told about the fresh concrete is bottled in liquid. Really you can dump it, it’ll become solid concrete (pre-condition : Your liquid concrete in a block region is at least 400kg.) upon drying, however, it is regarded as a dig-able block but not a building block. Destroying it will give you concrete blocks. (or instead, crushed stone?)

Before you dump concrete in a open place, always remind that no dupes is inside the dumping site. Otherwise bloopers... again.

The final question : So how’s the concrete bricks?

I have no best solution about this currently, but I have considered a more decorating block ‘brick block’ that is built out of caly bricks or concrete bricks that gives 40 decor bonus (or if this is too OP then put this lower) and with good insulation bonus.

That’s all my ideas about the concrete. I guess you guys won’t create bloopers using the concrete?

(•ω•)...

We can make hollowblocks or bricks which can be then used to make concrete tiles along with some liquid concrete to simplify this process but I agree with the requirement of making it set for a period of time. I think concrete should be made in some sort of kiln though since most of the bulk of the process in making concrete is in calcination.

Concrete would be nice to have. Bunker tiles should require concrete and steel instead of just steel IMO.

Also there`s now a "brick" material in the codex. Has the same description as ceramic but is listed as "refined mineral". Similar to how sand cement is listed. I`m still hoping for a new material family with for advanced buildings. Stuff like glass forge and the smelter should use something more advanced than just raw rock.

Archived