Asteroid without more algae - Interior Space Control Room

2 minutes ago, 2tallyGr8 said:

The algae is meant for algae diffusers in the rockets alone, I think the intention is to use the sublimation station and other forms of oxygen generation to pressurize your base.

That's what I mean, inside the rockets. I am not talking about the colony, I have pretty much depleted all polluted dirt almost, I am on cycle 425. I just don't have any algae on any of the two asteroids i am on so I am at a loss on how to get sustainable oxygen levels inside the rocket.

I would use a canister emptier inside the rocket, then get to the third (forest & swamp) asteroid. It has tons of algae, and tons more in the form of slime. Then you can build a rocket on that planet, load up a few storage containers inside with algae, fly it back to your home base, and then you should have enough algae/slime. (Also, pufts & polluted O2 can create slime, which can then be turned into polluted water (using algae distiller), which off-gasses polluted O2, starting the cycle over again. It may not be completely input-free, but it will produce some algae.

49 minutes ago, hthought said:

That's what I mean, inside the rockets. I am not talking about the colony, I have pretty much depleted all polluted dirt almost, I am on cycle 425. I just don't have any algae on any of the two asteroids i am on so I am at a loss on how to get sustainable oxygen levels inside the rocket.

Not sure if sustainable, but may be try ranching pufts above the cool slush geyser and then distil slime into algae? You need to get up to the third asteroid to get some and unlock them as a potential care package from the printing pod. If you have trouble cooling the rocket interiors because you need a battery and manual generator in there as well, make some ice with ice makers and place down a temp shift plate made of ice when temperatures go up to around 40C to 50C, then just mop up the water, works like a charm. May be algae terrarium could be a better oxygen solution in a rocket, since you have to worry about CO2?

Bottled oxygen has not worked well for me, the few kg you can squeeze in without over pressure will barely last a quick trip for one duplicant.

Interesting how the print a pod care packages offer so much oxylite and algae.. huh.. I'm gonna start picking up more on those. Also the warp planet has a bit of algae as well. Try to limit your space missions. You should realistically only need to do three in order to get exosuits running and plastics underway. 

5 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

It bugs me that atmo sensors only go up to 20kg. Is there a good way to measure pressure above that?

Not really a good one, but you can pump out until a sensor set to 20kg trips and measure the time. Or you can do some door-construct that takes a sample, puts it into a larger space and get some scaling this way.

Archived