Soup and other canned food.

So the other day I read how someone was having trouble maintaining a food supply.

After thinking on the matter at my job I came up with this idea. Since we have access to varying foods, water , metal, and a new building that acts like a can opener why don't we add soup to the game.

It could use existing food in the game, it could possibly double a food supply for someone, and expand the menu down the line.

Here are some examples using different liquids:

With Water:

Bog Jelly 600 Kcal + water 1000g + 5Kg of refined metal = Bog syrup 

Bristle Berry 800 Kcal + water 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Bristle berry sauce.

Mushroom 800 Kcal +water 1000g  + 5 Kg of refined metal = Cream of dusk soup.

With Salt water:

2 sleet wheat grain + Salt water 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Sleety noodle soup

Tofu 600 Kcal + Salt water 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Dumpling soup

Water weed 200 Kcal + Salt water 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Water weed in a can.

With Brine

Meat 800 Kcal + Brine 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Can of space ham

Pacu fillet 500 Kcal + Brine 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Canned Pacu

Tofu 300 Kcal + meat 400 Kcal + pacu fillet 100 Kcal + Brine 1000g + 5 Kg of refined metal = Mystery Meat.

Last minute notes

Please note that the values you see here are just something I just created for an example and all of these soups would require a new building in the game that would be use for canning soup.

As for the menu ideas, I'll share some if this idea gains traction.

If you got to the end of this, Thanks for reading.

You post has inspired me to post my own take on soups.  A new building, the Soup Pot, takes in power (or coal or lumber, if they want it to be fuel-powered), water, salt, and any designated edibles. 

A dupe can fetch a Bowl of Soup, a new low-quality food, from the pot.  Each bowl of soup dispensed consumes water, salt, and calories from whatever edibles are contained within, which will have to be replenished. 

Food within the pot doesn't spoil, making it a fire-and-forget way to have food that won't spoil on standby, or a way of disposing of food that's already about to spoil.

A new Tier 3 cooking skill can allow chefs to make Gourmet Soups, increasing the quality of the soup.

12 hours ago, Mora Fermi said:

100kg of water.. that'd be the thinnest misery stew ever. :shock:

I like the idea of a long-term storable food that uses some valuable non-food ingredient; it would be a perfect companion to the tiny space capsules!

I'm not use to the metric system, I'll do some quick changes for this.

I love the idea of soups using water. I wish they added that instead of the oven. It would make it worthwhile to keep your water supply clean. As for now germs in it don`t really matter as they don`t spread through sinks and most food doesn`t use water.

Archived