Anyone else wanting better world generation ?

4 hours ago, Choosechee said:

Alright, I've taken some pictures of maps that have the same seeds, but different settings. (I used Gem Core API to make them have the same seed) I didn't do all the combinations, but here they are. Hopefully one of them is to your liking.

Default Settings

Hide contents

20201201172819_1.thumb.jpg.7502f2a8564a83117bbe5f7b2b2bfd23.jpg

Least Branches

Hide contents

20201201173807_1.thumb.jpg.40384568272353441f1ac38a131d95e2.jpg

Always Loops

Hide contents

20201201174238_1.thumb.jpg.e555f91df3f22fcc9fc5637081e5af8f.jpg

Least Branches + Always Loops

Hide contents

20201201174641_1.thumb.jpg.832656cfad9df1f0ad8d63a355ef7fe9.jpg

Never Branches

Hide contents

20201201175032_1.thumb.jpg.770df2744a6bde00e558d2e43628c25c.jpg

Never Loops

Hide contents

20201201175530_1.thumb.jpg.2c9fb85db25d9df0f27f82117c98939b.jpg

The seed is 1606865144 BTW.

can someone please add this to the wiki page? this would have been soooo useful to me when i was starting out and i am sure i am not the only one

6 hours ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Hmm... You should actually look at the two pictures, it's the same map, the second it's just @WainingWabbits who drew on it, there's no loop layout favored in it. x)

Well, I'm either going mad or the first picture was edited and swapped after my comment, I'm sure the first image was a multi-branched world with a central connection with lots of rivers breaking up the biomes.

Either way, I was simply explaining that a looped world feels like it has larger biomes and fewer rivers if the OP is looking for more land to build on.

I would certainly like a better WorldGen with more presets and superior distribution of resources/mobs in their respective biomes (for example setting Reed to "more" or "lots" should do so in their respective Swamp biome, not all over map). More customization, including Set Pieces perhaps. I would also fancy micro biomes/micro worlds, or ability to chose which biomes to spawn and which to turn off and maybe how big that biome should be. Another aspect I would find mighty fine would be to have small Bunny villages - 2-3 clustered together - when setting Bunnymen to "less", not like now when in default-size village huts are just missing. Same with Grass Tufts in those villages: not purely have missing ones from default positioning, but different small clusters with higher RNG distribution.

And desolation regrowth: pls make a setting where it acts like in DS - nothing grows back. If player doesn't replant, that's it for your world. True desolation (and despair!). On topic of desolation regrowth, perhaps devs will finally take a look at this ancient bug: Trees set on "few" = vegetation overgrown?! - a bug where setting trees for example to "less" or "none" actually kicks in their spawning EVERYWHERE in record time (have Mushtrees to "none"? You don't like them mush trees, don't you?! No biggie, in short time you will have them.. regrow even in Ruins, Labyrinth, Swamps etc. Who thought "less is more" can be... literally, heh).

6 hours ago, Orangex said:

Well, I'm either going mad or the first picture was edited and swapped after my comment, I'm sure the first image was a multi-branched world with a central connection with lots of rivers breaking up the biomes.

Either way, I was simply explaining that a looped world feels like it has larger biomes and fewer rivers if the OP is looking for more land to build on.

Oh, maybe ? I don't know if it was edited, didn't check, but yeah, no problemo I know that you wanted to told him about the loop thing (It just made me laugh, but I saw that you wanted to help ! It's really cool of you !)

----

I would really like a rework of the generation, I really don't appreciate when a biome is like 30% less large than normal cause woter.

Archived