Storage rocket ? - balanced or broken ?

The new DLC sure is something. I really like most of it, how ever in the preparations of going to a new planet i kinda "stumbled" over this.

I personally don't know what to think of this, but 420 tons of storage + food storage is a bit much.. 20201128231058_1.thumb.jpg.6b7e84b482b49ffb0da292fbdfe1687d.jpg

What do you guys think ? Is this balanced ? - It does make the settling of new colonies rather "easy" i would argue...

Even without compactors, you can just throw a conveyor chute there. I am not sure how we could possibly balance this without restricting the players too much.

The best way i could think of, is making storage modules faaaar more convenient to use.

P.S.: You can also put critters into your rocket module.

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

Even without compactors, you can just throw a conveyor chute there. I am not sure how we could possibly balance this without restricting the players too much.

The best way i could think of, is making storage modules faaaar more convenient to use.

P.S.: You can also put critters into your rocket module.

Unless there were special rocket-only buildings..?

I still am hoping that the rockets get Gas/Solid/Liquid networks hooked up within themselves. Then the storage "problem" becomes a non-issue, as long as the cockpit modules give you, say, 1 ton of Liquid / Gas / Solid for free, and the rocket itself becomes the "storage". (At which point, you want more stuff? Add more stuff storage modules.

48 minutes ago, Red Shark said:

Unless there were special rocket-only buildings..?

I still am hoping that the rockets get Gas/Solid/Liquid networks hooked up within themselves. Then the storage "problem" becomes a non-issue, as long as the cockpit modules give you, say, 1 ton of Liquid / Gas / Solid for free, and the rocket itself becomes the "storage". (At which point, you want more stuff? Add more stuff storage modules.

True. That would be awesome.

Then we just need to install the correct devices into our command module: oxygen vent, food dispencer and we would send our waste elements down a waste drain or waste chute.

In a different module we could even try to upcycle the wastes again. As if the rocket was a small colony.

A flowchart diagram showing the components of the ISS life support system. See adjacent text for details.

Archived