Multiplayer in Oxygen not included

I wanted to ask if its possible to make an multiplayer mode in Oxygen not included or is there a mod that makes this possible if not is it possible to create an mode where i can play with my friend in a coop and not with switching save files ? Thank you for the help ☺

Best regards 

ONI was never designed to be coop or competitive. Its 100% based as singleplayer. It does not have any kind of netcode whatsoever to coordinate anything. So, if someone wants to make a mod, it would be a really heavy plugin all written from scratch. I doubt one will make one. And Klei already sayd ists meant to be a singleplayer game if i´m not mistaken.

21 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

ONI was never designed to be coop or competitive. Its 100% based as singleplayer. It does not have any kind of netcode whatsoever to coordinate anything. So, if someone wants to make a mod, it would be a really heavy plugin all written from scratch. I doubt one will make one. And Klei already sayd ists meant to be a singleplayer game if i´m not mistaken.

once they also talked about "Don't starve". No need to speak categorically, everything can change at any time

Not unrealistic to perhaps get gets shared colony play in 2022 or 2023 - It would be great. :p

Initially we could perhaps have goods and item trade between players in 2022, as a prelude to multiplayer. Touch wood ! :biggrin-new:

2 hours ago, Benji00 said:

I wanted to ask if its possible to make an multiplayer mode in Oxygen not included or is there a mod that makes this possible if not is it possible to create an mode where i can play with my friend in a coop and not with switching save files ? Thank you for the help ☺

Best regards 

Or an asteroid shared by multiple colonies - resource wars. New warfare skill tree (dupes get helmets), weapons and armor production, defence turrets, sandbag wall tiles, nuking colonies on neighboring asteroids muahaha :devilish:

48 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

With the multi colony system in place, i wouldn't be surprised if they much much later on down the road add something so you can launch rockets and send them to another player ( Maybe a new use for the temporal tear? )

image.thumb.png.4d68390a357566acdc306920651e320c.pngimage.thumb.png.b4ec70418078e9d47ac6c33242626ae0.pngimage.png.c288480f9c5e46a0720c498f84d54470.png

Vanilla endgame ! Make now ! No forced tetris inside rocketz ! Emergancy >>> Need reactorz ! Emergancy !!!

Hi All!

I just came here to share that I would definitely enjoy a co-op 2-4 people MP, even if far down the line.

I get that ONI is SP and as an introvert I like the peace and quite of some ONI playtime. However, that being said, the best time I've head with similar games, Astroneer comes to mind, was when I had a buddy to work with. What can I say, humans are social beings.

The idea of trading is not bad but the amount of each resource you generally have and the fact that a good chunk of them could be regenerated through conversions, kinda makes me think it wont really be that viable. Unless of course Klei add stuff that are rare but I just cant see how those fit the current design. Still would be interesting to see.

Anyways, I am sure Klei folks keep tabs on these discussions. so I wanted to throw my lot with the MP supporters. 

Archived