Number of planetoids in current alpha build

The asteroids are just beyond range of ground telescopes, this is probably intended. A text mentions the cartography module as a means of revealing sectors of space appears if you try to order the rocket to fly to a not revealed hex tile.

Currently you can also build a telescope inside a rocket while in deep space and it will work the same way as one built on a planetoid. You might need to deconstruct and rebuild it if it is stuck with a "nothing left to discover" message after you get to your observation spot in deep space.

The problem is even if you find them reaching them with the CO2 engine might be just a one way trip.

doesn't have to be a 1 way trip if you prepare beforehand: image.thumb.png.2e981480970c18011144010de0f163d9.png

the idea being, you use the canister emptier to put co2 in the capsule, use the pump to pump it into the storage area, and then pump that co2 into a canister filler that you then use to put in a storage area in the far asteroid.

but yes, they are still unable to be reached without the cartography module. Funny thing is, when that module is dropped, we'll likely have better rockets anyway and not have to worry so much about the difficulties of planning a return trip with a co2 rocket

6 hours ago, Pulstar said:

Currently you can also build a telescope inside a rocket while in deep space and it will work the same way as one built on a planetoid. You might need to deconstruct and rebuild it if it is stuck with a "nothing left to discover" message after you get to your observation spot in deep space.

When I tried this it said it had no line of sight?

1 hour ago, Hexicube said:

Looks like we probably have to wait for the cartographer module. I figured that was the case, but it can be difficult to tell what is in development and what is something that we can help out with with reporting an issue.

To be fair, further planetoids are likely very unfinished, even the reachable 3rd one (radioactive), which appears to be strongly tied into the DLC, is not done and wants to leverage disabled mechanics.

For now I'm going to be keeping my testing on the first two, and using the third to see how hard it is to set up a colony without having access to warpers.

12 hours ago, Hexicube said:

Are you using the larger crew pod? Try placing it in the top left next to the window. As I mentioned you might need to deconstruct it when in space and then build it again if you see it has a "fully explored" message, since it doesn't check if it has new undiscovered tiles in space in range by itself to remove that status.

C4sOxU0.png

Archived