The Democratic Race(Alpha) Available

RageLeague

You know what, it is really tiring to do full patch notes, especially changes are so minor. I'll just make a post that notifies you that a changes has been made to the mod, and update it on github and steam.

Right now, the change is that support no longer changes when primary advisor's relationship changes. Hopefully it will alleviate some problems with snowballing(although the prices of their cards will still be higher).

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.0f1c93211ba51c6de1fefc2769e00f9d.png

HEre's my try at the slide. What's the background and items supposed to look like?

The background is supposed to look like a conference room of some sort, but I don't really have any sort of reference in game that looks something like that. Maybe the slide where oolo sits at the dining table with her family could be a good reference? In that case, it would probably be like some sort of diner instead. I have no idea what to include on the table. From the looks of it, there's some drink and some notepad on the table, so that could work.

I just remembered that oolo and nadan hate each other's guts. Oh well, we can surely come up with a lore explanation at some point. It is a unanimous decision among the leaders to have an election, after all.

35 minutes ago, Playr10 said:

384674956_download(2).thumb.png.2eefb08b126ade22b5000af5e1dbc2d6.png2010602612_download(3).thumb.png.21f472f731f13f7ec7f29a327408e95b.png

Presumably after a "Investigation going wrong" random encounter, the game crashes when I try to continue after this piece of dialogue.

For some reason, I never actually playtested that scenario. That seems very concerning.

I pushed a patch that fixes many problems of the admiralty event. It is surprisingly complex as an event, and there really are a bunch of bugs. You can get that event normally as a road event, or after you asked an admiralty member to investigate someone(probably someone who hates you so they can be arrested).

Anyway, here's a quick change.

• [HOTFIX] Fixed the situation where no battle grafts are generated as bonus at the start of the run.
  • Actually implement forgo rally option.
  • Clarify what you need to do in an interview in the negotiation reason.
  • Added cool slides by Minespatch.

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

1982855782_NadansmeetingwithOoloandKalandra.thumb.png.8e00e1f6ccca30554effe64c2faca0eb.png

Hope this is what you wanted.

Just tested out how it looks in game. I have to say, cropping it vertically makes the slide really weird, because their faces just look so close the the screen.

How plausible it is to expand this image horizontally? If you can't do it, it's fine. I can photoshop it so that the sides are wider. Maybe.

Here's a new update.

• Adjusted size of the slides a bit.
  • Fix problem where the day progress grift erroneously display that day 1 is completed.
  • Added a tab on the negotiation preview indicating that some negotiations can finish at any time without penalties.
  • Fix bug where "loose stances" aren't properly working.
  • Added a marker when you go to sleep on day 2.
  • Give the quest reward when you complete the propaganda quest.
  • Added more variance to random oppositions so that you won't get too many consecutive haters from a faction.
  • Gives an upfront reward for quests on day 1.
  • Rebalance the preach quest.

Did a run of the alpha, some feedback from it:

-This feels quite hard. It's hard to get all the things in most negotiations, even on prestige 0 - it's probably intentional, but just a note: Feels much harder than the standard campaign.

-The day 1 finale drags on. It takes something like, what, 15 turns? At least? It's so long and ceases to be enjoyable.

-Propaganda poster quest:

It's confusing what makes something a Mediocre poster or a better or a worse poster. How many cards do I put in? There's no real indicator. I end up doing it blindly, unaware of what to do exactly.

Looking for an artist is way too RNG-heavy. You could either find an excellent one with decent demands with 2 actions or have to settle for a mediocre one with big demands after 5 actions. I suggest, instead, that some characters are better than others: It'd make sense for the Rise Pamphleteer to be always great, for example. It'd also be useful if you could get some "no, but I know ___ is great at making posters" tips from the people you ask if they don't know to make searching less painful.

Also, in the propaganda poster-triggered negotiations, YOUR EVOKES TRIGGER! This means you can do things like play hostile instinct, and then the poster plays 2 more hostility cards, triggering your Evokes. It's OP.

-It's unclear how much questions matter on day 2. Do I need to answer 10 for a good result? 20? Unclear. Something like fatigue ending it could be useful as an indicator.

Here's a new patch. I apologize to anyone who played Smith's campaign and entered Pearl Park. Thanks @rooks for letting me know that it is my mod that caused the bug, and not the base game. The bug should be fixed.

• Watching someone reading propaganda posters no longer costs free time actions.
  • You can no longer play cards from hand when watching someone reading propaganda posters. Evoke and passive effects of cards still trigger though, and it is intended.
  • After learning an existing location, asking for a new location costs 1 action instead.
  • Removing impatience also causes damage to be reduced on this turn.
  • Sometimes a non-artist will tell you who is a potential artist.
  • Update the office name of Aellon "the Based". Still a total coincidence that it resembles any person, living or dead, right?
  • Fix infinite loop where you enter pearl park in a non-Democratic Race act.

There's now a brand new major update to this mod that introduces day 3 and a bunch of other new content. See if you like it.

0.2.0 (Day 3 update)

This is a major update that introduces a new day to the campaign, and lots of brand new mechanics!

Major changes:

• Day 3 of the campaign is now playable. It contains a brand new night scenario, and a branching noon event, depending on the current state of your campaign.
  • New mechanic: Signature cards! Each advisor has a few trick upon their sleeves, and they are happy to teach you if you have enough shills! Their signature cards will sometimes show up in their shop, in place of a rare card.
  • New mechanic: Alliance! Talk to other candidates on potential alliances. If your ideology lines up, and you have lots of support among their faction, you can ally with them, granting you massive boost in support. Be careful who you ally with, though, as it can turn away other potential allies!
  • Sometimes you will get request quests from your advisor, which, when completed, can cause them to love you. In the future, actual request quests for the advisors will be added. Right now you get placeholders.
  • Brand new events, including the one where you arrest a notorious mettle dealer if you so choose.
  • A brand new side quest, available from day 1. Has the potential to introduce a few more named characters into your game.

Minor changes:

• Changed the advisors' bio and lore.
  • Reworded "loose stance" to "favoring a particular stance".
  • Added special negotiation behaviour for Dronumph.
  • Reworked demand stance taking. Instead of a random stacks, it always gets 4 stacks. When you destroy it above 2 stacks, it removes the requirement for stance taking. Otherwise, you are only required to favor a stance.
  • Added a new demand: demand drinks. It can occur when someone is patronizing a bar, and you can pay for drinks or offer lumin wine(you can't get it yet).
  • Rebalance stances and candidate stances.
  • Added a mod option that allows you to customize support requirements. It is tied to each game file, so make your decisions before starting a game.
  • Update support screen to include your stances, stances of other candiates, the support requirements for each day, and support change breakdowns. It's a lot more useful now.
  • Various modifications to dialogs and strings.
  • Only laborers who has work can strike for the starving worker. Convincing them to strike while on duty has a resolve penalty.

Archived