A Clever, Snappy Art Thread Title

And here is where I post criticisms because you made something non-serious...

IF I HAD ANY.

And here's where I would post a witty response in the same format.

IF I HAD ONE. 

Guys. I forgot the rook in that last comment about arms. I feel really bad about it. I'm trying to make it up to him but it's super awkward... help. 

Posted Image

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 4

Thanks so much! I love all your art, by the way... I wish I could draw people as effortlessly as you do, but fingers and faces are just brutal. I just need to draw Wilson in oven mitts all the time, I guess. Boom. Problem solved. SCIENCE. 

But back to the point, I have a bit of a confession to make: I missed out on the picture you mentioned D: This must be remedied immediately. Could you send me a link? I would go back and look for it in your thread, but it is 500 plus pages, and thus too much for my feeble mortal mind to search through. :3

as effortlessly as you do

NrUfGTU.png

i don't see anything bad in your drawings of people. besides, you're just great at drawing everything else, i mean, look at these clockwork mobs! they're simply amazing!

and... what picture are we talking about? you know, +500 pages... i... i mean, i remember what i drew, but i don't always know what people are talking about... not only about drawings... hehehe... heh...

if we're talking about hybrids, i made many... 

http://i.imgur.com/uSG9geK.png

http://i.imgur.com/3aOojYM.png

http://i.imgur.com/wY14179.png

http://i.imgur.com/kBp13mX.png

this isn't even all of it...

I see wat u did thar. Fairly Odd Parents reference. ._.

I did indeed. But now I can't stop with the arms jokes and it's really getting...out of hand. 

On that note... anybody remember Meet the Robinsons?

uKBkmqN.jpg

as effortlessly as you do

NrUfGTU.png

i don't see anything bad in your drawings of people. besides, you're just great at drawing everything else, i mean, look at these clockwork mobs! they're simply amazing!

and... what picture are we talking about? you know, +500 pages... i... i mean, i remember what i drew, but i don't always know what people are talking about... not only about drawings... hehehe... heh...

if we're talking about hybrids, i made many... 

http://i.imgur.com/uSG9geK.png

http://i.imgur.com/3aOojYM.png

http://i.imgur.com/wY14179.png

http://i.imgur.com/kBp13mX.png

this isn't even all of it...

Ok, for a second there when I saw your first picture I thought that you thought when I said effortlessly I meant they looked like you put no effort into them. But before I started shouting ARGH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE I saw the second picture and realized that you knew it was a compliment. It was quite an event. 

And thank you for the compliment! If I was half as good at drawing as you give me credit for, I'd be content :3.

I worry that people get sick of the fact that I only draw mobs and monsters. I'm a huge fan of the characters, especially Wilson and Maxwell (after all, who isn't), but I'm really not comfortable drawing people. It's especially frustrating, when I go to all the trouble to develop an OC with a cool backstory, then realize I can't draw her or think of a suitable outfit. Bleh.

So until that day comes, monsters it is! You get a mob and you get a mob and you get a mob! Everybody gets a mooooooob! 

Ahem. 

It's also very cool to see your hybrids (those are the exact ones I was looking for) I am curious...why a scorpion for Maxwell? 

i don't remember crawling horrors being so utterly adorable

Funnily enough, neither do I. I thought they were kind of cute back in the day, when we didn't know their backstory, but now...ugh. 

All I can think of is Maxwell or Wilson on the Nightmare throne going: 

i8uUGyZ55SZhW.gif

I'm a bad person. Retroactively. 

ALSO

You guys. I was gone for a week for a sudden family thing. A week. I get back here and there are

FRIENDLY CLOCKWORK MOBS 

AND WE HAVE A PICTURE OF CHARLIE

Just...

TNPdT3T.jpg

Why am I never here for the cool stuff. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

I'm glad you like them! I wanted to save Wheatley for last, since he's my favorite M4X-W3LL fusion idea. Behold, SmallWheatley! attachicon.gif5053.attachI just like the mental picture of him bouncing behind Wilson, trying to be helpful, but mostly just getting himself into trouble and forcing Wilson to rush in and save him. In my mind, instead of being on a Management Rail in the beginning, he'd be a tallbird, and he'd probably "hack" things by just wriggling between panels and loosening some screws. All up to personal interpretation, I suppose. That's about all the Aperture stuff I can think up...and I'm kind of at a loss for what to doodle next. I have one or two drawings squirreled away still, but they'll run out soon. So, ideas, anybody?

Willas and Wolf-Body?

And I continue to discover awesome art after too much time....gaahhhh...I want more time on >o<

''I have big dreams and little time!''

I'm glad you found something you like: please enjoy your visit to what is rapidly devolving into Maxwell's chess emporium. :D

And I'm definitely with you on the time thing... if I had just a few more hours in the day, I could doodle and forum prowl for new art and squeeze some more study time in for class and and and etc 

Part of me wishes I had a time turner, the other part of me knows that if I had one, I'd burn out faster than a poorly fueled campfire in a rainstorm. 

Willas and Wolf-Body?

I haven't done Portal stuff since I got the new tablet, but I've been giving it a whirl. And by, "give it a whirl" I mean my sketchbook whirled across the room as I bellowed "THEY HAVE SO MANY LITTLE PIPES WHAT THE RUMPUS"

It may take me a while, but I'll do my best to give you at least one of the duo. Though whenever I try to draw them they always come out as Wolfas and Will-Body. Atlas is just so short and stocky in the game that I have a hard time seeing Wolfgang as P-Body. 

I'm almost done with Willowbody. No, really. I swear. Still, massive projects for school later this week, so in the interim please enjoy this very quick scribble of a Snowbird. Wilson's quotes make me think that they're just big balls of down, and it kind of makes me want to hug them. 

lvGfbht.png

• Like 1

I never noticed Bishops had arms untill now.  Awesome art Sarcosuchus!

Thanks Battal! Though I have to admit...they don't actually have arms. I just gave the bishop dinky little T-Rex arms so I could continue the joke. My apologies for the inevitable betrayal. Mine is an evil laugh. 

Now that I think about it, my icon and username are basically dinosaurs...hah. REFERENCES. 

I'm never going to get used to all these compliments though... you guys are gonna give me a swelled head. 

:wilson_blush: 

-.-

This changes NOTHING.

What do you mean? This changes... EVERYTHING. Bum bum BAAAAAH!

:grin:

Anywho... pssst @%1;

8f7uNJb.jpg

Meet W(I)L-LOW

the Weaponized (Incendiary) Lab-Liberated Overpowered Welder. 

I'd like to think her "pigtails" are actually full of fuel that gets used in the flamethrowers...that'd make them awfully heavy though :\

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 2

I love dis.

my god this is so cute.

/) (>3<) (\

No, you so cute. Dis /) (>3<) (\ =you. You cute. Dat's what I'm saying. :3

I've been thinking about the Ancient Guardian being a biological basis for the rook. I assume that Maxwell's not really the creative type, so the bishop and knight must have had precursors too, right?

They look a little different than normal, mostly because I drew them in my lined notebook, scanned 'em in, then drew over them in Photoshop. Wooo lazy! *crawls into bed* 

rpC9wmm.jpg

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

I've been thinking about the Ancient Guardian being a biological basis for the rook. I assume that Maxwell's not really the creative type, so the rook and knight must have had precursors too, right?

They look a little different than normal, mostly because I drew them in my lined notebook, scanned 'em in, then drew over them in Photoshop. Wooo lazy! *crawls into bed* 

That bee bishop made my day, and it's only 19 minutes into my day...you sir are a genius.

That bee bishop made my day, and it's only 19 minutes into my day...you sir are a genius.

I dunno about being a genius (or a sir for that matter :D) , but I'm glad you like the Bee-shop. I'm pretty fond of his design too, silly as it is. I couldn't really think of anything that looked like the bishop's head in-game, so I just jammed a beehive on there and called it good. Because I am extremely creative and I say that without the slightest hint of extreme sarcasm. Plus, this way he can shoot big swarms of angry bees from his head instead of lightning, which is pretty cool. I cannot confirm or deny reports that he thinks  " Fly my pretties, fly! " while doing it. 

I've been thinking about the Ancient Guardian being a biological basis for the rook. I assume that Maxwell's not really the creative type, so the bishop and knight must have had precursors too, right?

rpC9wmm.jpg

A BEE BISHOP.

holy crap im dying :3

A BEE BISHOP.

holy crap im dying :3

Hl7bTwD.jpg

Guys does anybody know how to hide a body? Guys? GUYS. 

You always find a way to make the clockworks look cute.

If there's a will, there's a way. That way happens to be called "Clockwork Mobs Are Awesome" Way, adjacent to "Seriously, Why So Many Mob Doodles" Road in the town of "Sarcosuchus draws nothing with Hands"-ington :3. I'm fond of clockwork, steampunkish things in general anyway, which is probably why I draw them so much. But c'mon, look at their little faces...I can't help it, they're so cute already! 

cmNxZCP.jpg

And when they are not cute, they are metal. In both meanings of the word. They are both extremely hardcore, and literally made of iron. I just somehow always wind up drawing the cute versions.

Plus now you can make friendly mobs....gah! I have not even played since the rook update... I have literally spent more time drawing this game than playing it recently. What has my life become. 

(My apologies for the messy scribbles...I only had a few minutes before I had to hit the hay last night to make picture responses, so they look a bit derpish.)

Edited by Sarcosuchus

I always wondered what the bishop resemble to, now I have an answer, thanks.

No problem. Always plenty of silly ideas to go around here. Plus, you know. We don't know for sure what's underneath the beehives. 

sITyHxc.jpg

It could happen. 

and now I know why there are graveyards in don't starve... your artwork is, as the phrase goes "knockin' em dead!"  :wilson_goodjob:

What do you mean, they're being knocked dead... 

EUSlFUo.jpg

(Thank you for the compliment, though. It really does make my day every time somebody says they liked my stuff :D. I will do my best to keep fatalities to a minimum.... RIP, RainbowRaptors. Alas, we barely knew ye. )

• Like 2

This week has been nothing but schoolwork until midnight. Ugh. But all that matters right now...is that it's Friday. Friday evening, and I wouldn't touch my homework with a ten foot pole. Unless that pole had a spearhead on the end. Or was on fire. You get the picture. 

Anyway.

People post a lot of pictures of Wilson being friends with Webber, or having cute pet spiders. They're adorable and I love them, but I can't help but remember how much Wilson hates spiders in canon. But somehow that makes it even more endearing to think of Wilson as an extremely unwilling spidermom. 

T6hqcPv.jpg

• Like 2

Hl7bTwD.jpg

Guys does anybody know how to hide a body? Guys? GUYS. 

If there's a will, there's a way. That way happens to be called "Clockwork Mobs Are Awesome" Way, adjacent to "Seriously, Why So Many Mob Doodles" Road in the town of "Sarcosuchus draws nothing with Hands"-ington :3. I'm fond of clockwork, steampunkish things in general anyway, which is probably why I draw them so much. But c'mon, look at their little faces...I can't help it, they're so cute already! 

OMG XD