A Clever, Snappy Art Thread Title

Naw man. I like the spider design, but if I ever ran into something like that, heck, anything bigger than a freaking pumpkin seed, I'd be screaming for the hills. 

Speaking of bigger than a pumpkin seed...

...meet Checkmate. I have a soft spot for clockwork mobs, what can I say.

More to the point, I just can't imagine Wilson being satisfied simply rebuilding broken clockworks in the ruins.There's plenty of parts laying around, and he definitely has the free time to tinker. Why not build a boss sized bodyguard? The ramming power of a rook, combined with the headbutting skills of a knight would pack a wallop, and the bishop's long range shocks would take care of  the rest.  Maxwell would probably be appalled by what Wilson had done to his craftsmanship...which is just icing on the cake, really. Stick that in your hat and vanish it, why don't you.  :wilson_sneaky:

Modders, I summon thee!

Modders, I summon thee!

Unless you have a radio I can sell my soul to, I'm probably out of luck on that front...still, it's awesome to think about. Wish I had the skills/patience/sanity to do something like that myself.

Edited by Sarcosuchus

Remember that Tarot card I was working on? I've made a little bit of progress...

OG6UUbB.png

Now, we're getting somewhere. Finally.

Or we would be, if all the furlines on the queen didn't shrink into smears when the card is its actual size. I love them too much to pitch them entirely, though. 

• Like 5

Perhaps you have to reduce them, though.

But at first...Boooooooaahhhhhh great work!

Hmmm.... I'm not quite sure what you mean by reduce. Shrink in size, or redraw the lines, or...eh? I'm a bit thick, sorry for having to clarify. I still feel like I have a ways to go on it yet, but I'm really glad you like it. :)

Totally digging your card *v* I was wondering what you were up to with it! GLAD TO SEE THAT IT'S LOOKING FANTASTIC AS EVER uvu

Aaah, thanks! Always good to get approval from the master of ceremonies. :D  

I realized all of a sudden that the last thing I posted for this was a rough sketch two months ago...when Jan reposted the pic in this thread, it hit me like a hambat to the face. So after making some mermlike gargle noises of dismay, I managed to get my rear in gear a little. Sorry to leave you hanging. 

Speaking of tarot cards, your Woodie card looks incredible. I'm secretly incredibly jealous of how well you chose the colors for it, seeing as I'm having a little trouble with that myself (cough, gratuitously purple background cough). Plus, gotta love that looming werebeaver behind the effigy : "I'm here to wreck merms and cut down trees, and I'm all out of trees." 

Aaah, thanks! Always good to get approval from the master of ceremonies. :grin:

I realized all of a sudden that the last thing I posted for this was a rough sketch two months ago...when Jan reposted the pic in this thread, it hit me like a hambat to the face. So after making some mermlike gargle noises of dismay, I managed to get my rear in gear a little. Sorry to leave you hanging. 

Speaking of tarot cards, your Woodie card looks incredible. I'm secretly incredibly jealous of how well you chose the colors for it, seeing as I'm having a little trouble with that myself (cough, gratuitously purple background cough). Plus, gotta love that looming werebeaver behind the effigy : "I'm here to wreck merms and cut down trees, and I'm all out of trees." 

No prob!! I was going to start messaging everyone towards the end of January to make sure they were on target, hehe!

But hey thanks!! I might fix up a little lighting but I think it's pretty much done ^^

As for yours, I think all it needs is some suhweet shading. I'm digging the detailed lineart tho :0!! If you're looking for neato colors this website is my favorite thing in the entire universe.

It's a color palette finder! I hope it helps *o* either way, excited to see where you take it next ^^

No prob!! I was going to start messaging everyone towards the end of January to make sure they were on target, hehe!

But hey thanks!! I might fix up a little lighting but I think it's pretty much done ^^

As for yours, I think all it needs is some suhweet shading. I'm digging the detailed lineart tho :0!! If you're looking for neato colors this website is my favorite thing in the entire universe.

It's a color palette finder! I hope it helps *o* either way, excited to see where you take it next ^^

That website though! Now I just have to find a color palette that makes the spider warriors get along with all their blue and black buddies...grrff. They do not play well with others, to say the least. Little gits. :\

That website though! Now I just have to find a color palette that makes the spider warriors get along with all their blue and black buddies...grrff. They do not play well with others, to say the least. Little gits. :\

yeah idk that green/yellow is rough... maybe making your light source a green would give you an excuse to bring it in more??

idk i was messing around with their palette maker maybe something like so:

tumblr_inline_mzo80wAIJT1rv8gc2.png

there's really a lot of options though! it'll be neat to see how it turns out hahahah flats are only a sneak peak

G34rDO5.png

WX-78 hates every living thing, but he might have a marginally higher tolerance for musicians pretending to be harmonic automatons. 

"YOUR ATTEMPTS AT MIMICRY ARE AS FEEBLE AS THEY ARE PATHETIC. BUT YOUR EFFORTS TO EMULATE MY SUPERIOR STATE OF EXISTENCE HAVE BEEN NOTED. AS SUCH, I LABEL YOUR MUSIC ADEQUATE. "

• Like 4

this is making me INCREDIBLY HAPPY...

Webber is such a badass :3

We spiders generally are totally rad brah.

what the heck did I just say.

Agreed. Webber is one badass rad brah indeed. Simply because

1: I want to draw characters

2: I can only draw spiders

3: Webber

4: ????

5: Profit. 

"Ok, look. There's a pack of spiders over there. Let's just tiptoe around and..."

jogs08i.png

"Don't you even think about it."

d3xStRj.png

"Don't try and look all slick. Those things will eat you alive."

e0GkGSd.png

"Are you kidding me what did I just say."

P1DXFN1.png

"And now you're pissed them off. Why do you do this to me. Why."

8pV2WEA.png

"FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME PLEASE JUST STAY AT THE CAMP." 

This is why I don't raise tallbirds. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus