Bottle Emptier not using autobottle?

I am trying to get my dupes to use a Bottle emptier to fill 1600kg of water into a vacuumed out room to tame a volcano.

I have the emptier set to a high priority, only Water, and autobottle is enabled.  Sweep only is disabled.  I have a pitcher pump with tons of water available.

The dupes are actually running across the map, one at a time, to deliver around 200g of water.  These dupes have high strength and much larger carrying capacity, but they won't use the pump. They prefer water from the floor.

This seems to mean I am forced to either run pipe and automate a liquid value -- which will take less time than the deliveries at maximum capacity.  Or I have to sweep every mopped bottle (into a closer emptier) before dupes will consider using autobottle and maximizing capacity.  This is on Rime, and I have had a lot of melt and mopping.  

Is there a better way?

Dupes carry 200kg bottles because the Bottle Emptier has a capacity of 200kg -- so it's possible for them to carry less than 200kg, but never more.

As far as "better ways" go, how do you feel about mods? This one has an adjustable volume and is filled until full (rather than exactly once before emptying).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1794548334

(Full disclosure, I'm the mod author)

5 hours ago, Red Shark said:

Dupes carry 200kg bottles because the Bottle Emptier has a capacity of 200kg -- so it's possible for them to carry less than 200kg, but never more.

they can carry more, if place multiple emptiers. like 1t bottle for 5 emptiers at once

2 hours ago, occamrazor said:

Give a single dupe access to both the emptier and pump and lock them in there until it's done.

1 dupe access to the pump, doesn't matter who has access to the emptier, spam bottle emptiers. If you want to move lots of liquid you can give multiple dupes access and put like 8 bottle emptiers per dupe. 

8 hours ago, qqqqqqqqqqqq said:

they can carry more, if place multiple emptiers. like 1t bottle for 5 emptiers at once

Just make sure to place them directly next to each other. I also found that you need about 5x the emptiers than dupes on the job, because new fetch tasks get made while dupes are in the middle of delivering and then only some emptiers are already free. Usually I combine this with a temporary yellow alert on the emptiers, this gets liquids moved fast.

Thanks guys!  Both strategies together worked well.  4 emptiers in base near all the mopped water, with settings for sweep-only disabled, priority 6.  Then 1 emptier in the volcano, setting auto-bottle enabled, priority 5.  It only took a couple cycles to clean up most the mopped water.  Anything remaining water empty tasks apparently are either too far away from the volcano to satisfy the priority 5 emptier, or they are already assigned to a priority 6 emptier.

This was pretty frustrating though.  I wish the devs would rethink the supply/storage task priority system.  I have a suspicion that most of the priority woes that new players have are actually about supply issues, and the supply and storage tasks are very counterintuitive in how they are assigned.

Yeah, the priority stuff can be confusing for new players - As there is a few different systems affecting each other. I did not play the game for a year or so, took me a while to get fit with the game systems again. I must say it was worth it, ONi is such a great game.

Some things in the game have grown over time. I hope the devs get the customers, resources, budget and time to develop, evolve and overhaul further parts of the game.

Archived