Why isnt there a more streamlined way to get iridescent Gems?

Normally I'd find that too obscure and simply put unintuitive solutions that requires wiki's are generally not good ideas to implement. However I don't find this unintuitive. Obscure still but as mentioned about how the game mechanics and visual hints can be considered to have communicated a hint good enough I don't find it obscure in a bad way but as a rewarding quest.

Not to mention, It's also a rather difficult task just getting to the pillars to even begin worrying about how to fill it in. It's all the way down in the caves. If you fair well up to that point I would personally have faith in the player to be capable enough to fill in the blanks themselves from there, little doubts.

19 hours ago, Mime said:

For new players i feel like its kinda... just imagine buying a new game... and you have to go onto an external source to actually understand what you are doing DESPITE  the fact that isnt what you are told. 

Vast majority of games are like that. Even games with tutorials only go so far.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:16 AM, Mime said:

The gem is never explained to new players and it seems like if a new player were to stumble across the ornate pedestal they would just collect the gems or get confused, then leave.

No *new* player would survive long enough to stumble across ornate pedestal.
By the time player gets there, they will know enough, and not only the quotes of the examination but also simple *common sense* (not game knowledge) would tell you that if there are two pedestals with gems inside and the one is empty, that would mean it needs to be filled, not emptied the other two, especially if you had experience with telelocator focus

Archived