Character limit?

You know, I understand the OP there. I feel discouraged playing a character that I know is already on the server. I like to bring variety, but most importantly, I want to immerse myself, and nothing breaks my immersion more than a clone of my own character.

What's that? You want to be a unique personality and bring something no one else can? Well too bad there are like four of the same you here so you ain't gonna bring anything new. Better take someone else you don't fully enjoy playing and maybe, just maybe you won't find out that there are ten of the same character later on.

I'd love to know if there is any mod out there that limits the choice of characters.

1 hour ago, Mime said:

Why would that be annoying tho? i see no immediate problem with 12 Wes's in a single server. People should be able to pick their preference for a game like dst.  

we had 4 walters at the pub i was on today XD it was great until a wendy joined and broke the chain

On 10/16/2020 at 10:11 PM, BigDaddyChester said:

Hey I'm just saying I think there should be a character limit because when I ever look at a public lobby all I'm seeing are three of the same Character and it can be really annoying. So I think that there should be a max limit of each character so like 1-2 players are able to play Wigfrid or like Wolfgang to make the game less annoying and this goes with any character. Please if you think there shouldn't be a character limit I would like to hear what you would say about this because in my opinion I think there should be one

Absolutely not, imagine gatekeeping which survivors someone can play

55 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

Absolutely not, imagine gatekeeping which survivors someone can play

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Don't_Starve_Together
There’s 3 modes already,  One character choice fits in nicely as a 4th.

Personally Ive been wanting a revamped PvP.. you play as the entire cast of characters + a few mobs from constant but with a twist- when your die you can no longer select that choice, PVP Elimination.

if you dislike a mode- just don’t play it, but I bet some people will enjoy it & long as it’s optional alongside Survival, Wilderness, Endless- I can’t see what OP asks can hurt. 

Archived