Bead-Inspired Metal Volcano Tamer

9 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Corner grab the metal. Put the sweeper in a different room.

That's my weapon of last resort. I'm trying to do it in a way that soothes rather than triggers my OCD for regular rectangles. ;)

i tested at vacuum the steam turbines but it dont want take heat away, i think it is not possible cool them down at vacuum unless if they actually have inside cooling circle like car motor for example 

if you add there liquid to ground  then it works yes but as very hot areas it may turn into gas so you need make sweeper dock at that place where is not that hot

10 hours ago, Tsabo said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but, uhh, I thought the point of volcano taming was to, y'know, get the metal and the heat out. Not seeing an exit for the metal here?

(I thought I was very clever yesterday with an autosweeper in vacuum to conveyor the metal away, before realising that vacuum may protect you from volcano temperatures, but it don't protect you from self-heating temperatures... ;_;)

That's what makes it a proof of concept. 

Stick an airlock of some kind at the bottom. 

EDIT: Just for you, I added a cooling and removal chamber :P

image.thumb.png.ad32fb5ed444dfcbccc64a75bc74eb76.png

It's just a basic downwards door pump to let items down but keep gas in.

16 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I'm sure the design can be optimized even further to be smaller.

Based on my entirely unscientific tests, for a steam turbine cooled build, four tiles appears to be the minimum, maybe three:

image.thumb.png.259d397890e2f6c85814c0fbc06a2e0d.png

Does anyone know what's going on? I can't reproduce my own design:

image.thumb.png.c85f2e786b9888d50e9385db7a1ebc3a.png

Edit: Solved it. Strangely, the lower airflow tile was preventing it from gooping.

Edit 2:

Took me a bit, but I finally built a bigger test. All metals are Thermium, because sadly steel would melt at the temperatures volcanoes put out, and I don't want to add additional cooling systems.

image.thumb.png.87e7a2fbf020f6079162af28993fa142.png

Archived