Griefing Tales

I have spent 1500 hours playing this lovely game, and almost every world I've hosted has been public. Despite this, I haven't been griefed a single time (Not counting people that accidentaly left with something important on them), so I wanted to hear about others people griefing stories and how/if they got back on their feet. Extra points if the way you got griefed was weird (example, kamikaze wormwood)

Edit: I swear It's not so I can get ideas of how to grief

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The entire game itself is designed to grief you-

first challenge of the game- learning how to survive Nightfall.

Second challenge of the game- learning how to find food.

Third challenge of the game- learning how to survive going Insane.

fourth challenge of the game- learning how to survive hound waves and reach Winter.

Fifth challenge of the game- Learning how to build a nice base to stay alive in Winter..

Sixth challenge of the game- Holy Crap what the -bleep- is THAT?! Why is it wrecking apart my base I spent so much time putting together? Why does it HATE my Campfire..? oh great now my campfire and base are destroyed and am Freezing to death again.

”You have Died”

GG..

Then let’s not even mention that once you learn to surpass that you have to deal with other stuff like infinite frog rain, Summer scorching, Bearger, Antlion craters, Random Meteor showers.. and more.

Pretty sure this topic is about player griefers...

EDIT:

temp1.thumb.JPG.09d7f9cc2dd2d301b380ee535eed4f88.JPGtemp2.thumb.JPG.1081a4911820d4382c261de81d848ade.JPG

3 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Pretty sure this topic is about player griefers...

Don’t care... we shouldn’t even be discussing player griefers because your just giving them their story.. their time in the spotlight- and it’s something that should be treated like Warbucks- It did exist once... but Klei doesn’t acknowledge its existence anymore.

While playing as Willow, got my base burned down by a NON Willow.

Offed myself by overheating in the winter, just because I could and it was a new world anyway.

Nobody is getting any publicity because I don't remember their names and it's such a common way to grief anyway.

That's my story.

...Notorious

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Griefers don't like player hosted public servers, they prefer real Klei Ooficial Servers or other famous DST servers where they can't be banned from.

Really? Some friends have told that hosted havbe told me that someone came and burned everything

I've been griefed on my servers a few times, but the interesting stories come from public ones, that's where you'll find the pro griefers.

Probably the most fun was when a world at around day 500 was griefed by a wicker, who acted normally for a while then read tentacle books in base when everyone was gone, and also at portal. It took us about 20 days to clear them all and we relocated base ofc, but it was kinda fun. I also seen worlds where griefers went all-in, all reeds burned, all deers killed, all pigskin stolen, found random important stuff hidden in the atrium, suspicious marble on lunar island etc.

Archived