Hypothermia not reapplying

I was watching Grind This Game's new challenge, where he is playing on a 100 Kelvin map (super cold for those who don't know what kelvin is).  One thing I just noticed is that in the playthrough, his dupes only got hypothermia once per episode at the beginning. 

It looks like when a dupes temperature stays in hypothermia range forever that they only get hypothermia on reload.  Is this a known phenomenon?

If you watch this video, you will see them all sneezing and having hypothermia, but they didn't at the end of the previous episode.  Additionally, they were all cured of hypothermia simultaneously. 

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

It looks like when a dupes temperature stays in hypothermia range forever that they only get hypothermia on reload. 

I have noticed this.  On most of my maps, dupes will repeatedly get hypothermia because their home base is around 20C, so they warm back up.  I think the game would be more accurate if the dupe would not recover from hypothermia until their core temperature has gone back above the threshold temperature.  That way on super-cold-maps, your dupes would always have hypothermia unless you gave them a warm base where they could recover.  The sauna, for example, should quickly warm the dupe up to normal, thus 'curing' them of hypothermia, while a shower with 5c water should not.  

Just my opinion on the matter.

I wondered about this, since I've started a Rime playthrough and noticed dupes down below room temperature seeming to be just fine. It's really quite bizarre that they both can just become fine with being cold, and there doesn't seem to be any point at which they start taking damage akin to scalding; hopefully that eventually gets changed.

It's all just asking for the good ole frostbite addition. Rime probably shouldn't be the easiest map to play on and it was always the one I chose when I just didn't want to be bothered by some pesky heat death. Downsides were minimal and I was sad when it stopped all being the cozy freezing cold :p

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

It's all just asking for the good ole frostbite addition. Rime probably shouldn't be the easiest map to play on and it was always the one I chose when I just didn't want to be bothered by some pesky heat death. Downsides were minimal and I was sad when it stopped all being the cozy freezing cold :p

My thinking is that if a dupe doesn't get above a temperature threshold for some amount of time, they should just die.  Same with heat stroke.

Archived