Inspiration ticks down too quickly [Wigfrid]

Can't really make that good of use of inspiration when solo wigfrid during non boss dangers.

I've only really tested it on bunnymen, hound attacks and the periodic butchering of volt goats, but inspiration goes down so fast, I can't make any good use of the songs, nor can I save up some impromptu to deal with significant dangers of getting swarmed.

I won't have time to further test it until later today but then I'll definitely have more time to explore, but right now, a big problem is that inspo ticks down WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too fast when dealing with non boss mobs.

The way I see it, you tack on so many players against a single boss and they almost don't need a wigfrid with all her cute songs. The true dangers in this game can usually come from the hoardes.

If we could get inspiration to reduce at a slower rate, more utility can be squeezed out of the songs.
It would also help a GREAT deal when solo

If i'm out of line, let me know. If I'm not using songs correctly, also tell me.

But if you agree, give this a heart, a potato, a cat or a health sign to get the spotlight on this. Because I just can't see the greater good by keeping inspiration decay at the rate it's at now

I mean, inspiration works very nicely as far as I can see.

Imagine always having more healing, more sanity regen and what not. :)

The songs are fine as is, Wigfrid is currently fine as is.

Making her easier is not the way to go, the songs are already decently strong as they are.

i havent tested this yet but i think u should still be able to use the fear song when ur fighting hoards of smaller enemies if that is what ur struggling with. Since the fear song just instantly consumes 20 inspiration u dont need to keep the meter up. 

I think its very much intended that her songs are more geared towards fighting bosses with other people and not necessarily something to be used for every-day fighting like spiders or hounds even since she can easily 3 hit normal hounds with just a battle spear already anyway. 

The buffs r for long boss fights but u can still easily make use of the two instant songs in smaller fights for quick crowd control 

Gotta say, Inspiration could go up a bit faster and decay a bit slower, just a bit, their use are just In combat, so, just some tweaks.
I just don't like much of the songs, seems like they were made based around the dragon fly battle. I don't want the songs to be super powerful like warly's spices, but some of them are pretty hard to get for really lame effects, the  spittlefish(I think that was the name) is kinda hard to find, and just 30% fire protection, for what? the red gem Dear, D.Fly,  maybe Pvp, and not much worth it. The health and sanity leechs are quite fun but Wigfrid is the only one who gets a decent leech out of that. The aggro and de-aggroing songs are nice, but I don't know, nothing very powerful, still useful.
Well, I know they are infinite once crafted, unlike Warly's spice that require really hard work, farming and all. That must be why they are not that powerful, to give Wigfrid a way to help the team and not overshadow Warly,  but still, some little buffs are welcome.

Not disliking the rework but could have some tweaks much like the other had, I'll hope.

3 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

I mean, inspiration works very nicely as far as I can see.

Imagine always having more healing, more sanity regen and what not. :)

The songs are fine as is, Wigfrid is currently fine as is.

Making her easier is not the way to go, the songs are already decently strong as they are.

Decaying inspiration won't really adjust difficulty significantly.  But the way it works right now works as it always has against non boss enemies. I have 30 bunny hutches and i have to fight them as i always have. Taking advantage of fear isn't a great strat compared to using pan flute and killing them one by one until they awaken. And by that point, I'm running so much, inspo has decayed to 0. Similar situation to fighting 30 pigs. Because i don't want to lose inspo, I'm tanking.  This isn't harder to do than picking them off. It's easier. I don't want to be rewarded for just pressing f contrary to what non wigfrid mains think wigfrid mains play the game. 

Don't even get me started on hounds. They're deadlier than almost all bosses and dealing with them is the same for me as usual when i get 10 at once. Find a body of water and figbt them near that. Speaking of which, inspiration is useless for hound waves but fine. Whatever.  I won't ask for that.

If you have a counter point to those specifics, I'm all ears. But i don't think you're judgement about non bosses is entirely accurate. 

I was a secondary Wigfrid main, and my biggest complaint with Wigfrids refresh is that it feels Underwhelming in terms of new content.

Let me Explain- When Willow got Refreshed she gained a massive shadow wrecking companion. When Woodie got Refreshed he can go Goose Mode/Moose Mode, When Wendy got Refreshed she gained better control over Abigail- but she also gained her own personal mob added to the game in the form of Pipspook that she can help to craft potions with- New Gameplay specific to playing Wendy.

theres a lot of other QoL stuff I can mention here: Such as faster Abigail charge time with Sisturn + free sanity station, Abigail being useable as a permanent light source saving lantern durability and resources.

Then.. there’s Wigfrid who people claimed was fine as is and didn’t need any major changes, that’s where I disagree- she needed new unique gameplay same as all other reworks.. instead what she got was a few stat increasing/decreasing spell scrolls.

Unfitting of someone who is meant to be a mighty Viking warrior, she should’ve gained some new actual Combat Abilities.. or her own Viking style craftable structure (like a weapons armory to visually store Helms, Spears and Armors on..) so she actually FEELS like she got something new with her rework.. Instead- I’m still very much playing Wigfrid mostly the same as prior to her Rework.

The same statement can NOT be said about Willow, Woodie & Wendy. 

On 9/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, Ohan said:

u can still easily make use of the two instant songs in smaller fights for quick crowd control 

as soon as the crowds are dealt with, you have enough inspiration to use the fear song. It's a good thing the crowds of enemies died because they would have been so afraid if she had sung while they were alive

29 minutes ago, chirsg said:

as soon as the crowds are dealt with, you have enough inspiration to use the fear song. It's a good thing the crowds of enemies died because they would have been so afraid if she had sung while they were alive

With a hambat (it gives more inspiration that her spear) i could rise the bar to have 2 levels,fighting spiders in the forest. I was able to have the healing active and using the fear many few times :/

also waiting for df to stop spawning larvaes will be a lost of only half of the bar making 1 of the songs keep active and almost the second one

for beequeen, if you dont lose time, you keep always 2 bars with pan flautes and runing in 3rd phase

more than the dropping of the bar the "problem" comes of how weak are the songs but they are just slightly weak.

20 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I was able to have the healing active and using the fear many few times

Why would you even need the healing song as wigfrid? that's so unnecessary. If you're playing not to get hit, you're usually avoiding damage long enough for inspiration to tick down. The ultimate goal of any fight is to hit as much as often while not getting hit yourself. The meter decay does not facilitate this.

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

also waiting for df to stop spawning larvaes will be a lost of only half of the bar making 1 of the songs keep active and almost the second one

Dragonfly NEVER EVER needed songs with wigfrid before. I deem it a moot point. Nothing changed in the dragonfly solo as wigfrid. she was already one of the better dragon slayers without songs.

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

for beequeen, if you dont lose time, you keep always 2 bars with pan flautes and runing in 3rd phase

It's a shame she even needs to use pan flutes in the first place. wendy doesn't and she's an 8 year old girl.

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

more than the dropping of the bar the "problem" comes of how weak are the songs but they are just slightly weak.

I don't really mind that the songs don't provide that big a bonus in smaller encounters. I don't give a rat's. I just want to be able to use them every day if I want to and a slower decaying inspiration meter will entice me to do it. 

I don't really want to have a power for less than 10% of the game's playtime. I don't know what to tell you, bro. 

I don't think you can really empathize with a Wigfrid primary who feels short changed by all this. I know for a fact I didn't really care about the Wendy update a few weeks after because I don't play her. 

With wigfrid, 90% of the time, I'm playing her. If I identify something I'm unhappy with, I'll say it, and this is it. I can't sing songs every day and I would like the option to. 

In a fresh world, day 1, world record pace, you're fighting dragonfly day 4. if you decide to prep for books, that adds about 2-3 days extra preparation to even get one of the books. almost day 10 and you're using your power for maybe... 1 day of fighting, After that, "thanks books, cya on the next boss fight"

Idk. it's just very disappointing, honestly. 

10 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Why would you even need the healing song as wigfrid? that's so unnecessary. If you're playing not to get hit, you're usually avoiding damage long enough for inspiration to tick down. The ultimate goal of any fight is to hit as much as often while not getting hit yourself. The meter decay does not facilitate this

Because the update has 48h and i want try stuff before talking? I know how works the game. I was kiting and the bar doesnt decay

12 minutes ago, chirsg said:

It's a shame she even needs to use pan flutes in the first place. wendy doesn't and she's an 8 year old girl.

So because wendy exists she needs to have aoe op damage too? 

Also she has less problems killing most of the bosses than wendy and doing ruins is easier as wigfrid so getting new green staves to get more pan flautes isnt a big deal for her+being able to do df without healing for green gems when wendy needs to keep alive abi and healings for herself

14 minutes ago, chirsg said:

don't really mind that the songs don't provide that big a bonus in smaller encounters. I don't give a rat's. I just want to be able to use them every day if I want to and a slower decaying inspiration meter will entice me to do it. 

I don't really want to have a power for less than 10% of the game's playtime. I don't know what to tell you, bro. 

Idk what do you want. You dont need, as others already said, more perks to fight few spiders or pigs (but you can use them)

I care wigfrid. Idk why you said that instead of giving facts. She is one of my fav characters and as a almost main wig (i played her aaaa lot but i play more characters) she has keep her core gamplay+useful cooperative and self bonus and crowd control giving her more deeper fighting mechanics against real dangers

Also, it was mentioned, but this refresh doesnt shyne like wendys or woodies because wigfrid was already perfect

21 minutes ago, chirsg said:

In a fresh world, day 1, world record pace, you're fighting dragonfly day 4. if you decide to prep for books, that adds about 2-3 days extra preparation to even get one of the books. almost day 10 and you're using your power for maybe... 1 day of fighting, After that, "thanks books, cya on the next boss fight"

Infinity uses. Also idk, i fight df when i come to the surface :/

You can do df as always anyways. She never needed healings so she doesnt need any  song for rushing her

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I was kiting and the bar doesnt decay

kiting isn't the same as retreating from a LARGE hoarde. 60 spiders is unreasonable to fight traditionally and you will get stunlocked if you get hit. in a situation like that, saving up meter is almost impossible. Would be great if meter kept while engaged with enemies without actively having to deal damage or have damage dealt to you.

54 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

So because wendy exists she needs to have aoe op damage too? 

She does not. But it would be nice for a modifier to exist when wigfrid is on her own when scrambling small mobs. Have her own unique way of dealing with lots of enemies more seamlessly. Fear on solo bee queen doesn't work that well and on small mobs with 100's of numbers, you're running the whole fight leaving the bar to decay.

56 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also she has less problems killing most of the bosses than wendy and doing ruins is easier as wigfrid so getting new green staves to get more pan flautes isnt a big deal for her+being able to do df without healing for green gems when wendy needs to keep alive abi and healings for herself

Wendy can eat blue caps. Wigfrid cannot. Wendy can enter ruins sooner with prep than wigfrid in most instances of world gen.

57 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

more perks to fight few spiders or pigs (but you can use them)

Err, but not really. It's not reasonable to use fear on spiders and pigs because of the restrictions on songs against mobs. It's better to not use songs.

58 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

more perks to fight few spiders or pigs (but you can use them)

Wigfrid isn't really perfect. She's considered to be a "Balanced" character but she is a MUCH weaker fighter than wolfgang, weaker bee queen solo character than wendy, weaker crowd control than woodie and wendy. In almost all aspects of her fighting, she is straight up outclassed. Mostly by wolfgang. And when it comes to support, she's pretty outclassed too by warly. and in scenarios that aren't boss fights, wortox is the better healer.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You can do df as always anyways. She never needed healings so she doesnt need any  song for rushing her

If she never needed "healings" then why even make the book in the first place? Yeah, nah, rework kind of isn't that fun then.

Arubaro, I don't really think you want to bother seeing things my way or want me to get what I want which is good daily use from books just for fun and you're going to try and drown what I want from the game. 

Slower inspiration decay and I'll be a lot happier. That's literally all I want to take advantage of this perk for the foreseeable future.

5 hours ago, chirsg said:

kiting isn't the same as retreating from a LARGE hoarde. 60 spiders is unreasonable to fight traditionally and you will get stunlocked if you get hit. in a situation like that, saving up meter is almost impossible. Would be great if meter kept while engaged with enemies without actively having to deal damage or have damage dealt to you.

Fear make lose the agro. Not superuseful but is an alternative to just run (i would like this to be mpre effective)

She does not. But it would be nice for a modifier to exist when wigfrid is on her own when scrambling small mobs. Have her own unique way of dealing with lots of enemies more seamlessly. Fear on solo bee queen doesn't work that well and on small mobs with 100's of numbers, you're running the whole fight leaving the bar to decay

I get that you want more gameplay impact in more situationa. i suggested in other topic, that the metter affects her passives.

Im not against having less decay 

Wendy can eat blue caps. Wigfrid cannot. Wendy can enter ruins sooner with prep than wigfrid in most instances of world gen.

Yes but for her is more risky that for wig. Wendy doesnt have natural armor and damage, she needs aby and in the ruins there is 200damage mobs to kill her. Wigfrid is more safe and also i dont think wendy should be taken in count for how op is she. Its like if now you start talking about wolfgang

Err, but not really. It's not reasonable to use fear on spiders and pigs because of the restrictions on songs against mobs. It's better to not use songs

I would make the fear more effective but that doesnt mean that you cant use it against a pig village.

You are complaining about not being able to use it because of how works the bar and when i told that you can then you say that is worthless...

outclassed

Who the hell care this? So because there is a character that does a specific thing better than wig then you will not pick her? You arent fighting against a korean guy in a tournament, you are trying to beat the game with one of the best characters. I hate when users tread this game like if it was dota lol or something

If she never needed "healings" then why even make the book in the first place? Yeah, nah, rework kind of isn't that fun then.

Ok, reading this i realice that this is a waste of time.

You dont need star caller staff to beat any boss, you dont need pierogies having honey nugges, you dont need golden axes if there is flint.....

You have a healing song and a weapong keeper with infinity uses  making the fight easier but you dont see the point of using them

I will not lose more time

I hope klei makes few changes but you are just saying incoherences

Archived