Do you want more boats

Boats!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want cookie boats to stay?

2. 2. Do you want more types of boats? (If you picked yes, I'd prefer if you specify in the comments)

1 minute ago, Cassielu said:

I perfer more boat item to making cookie boat different, rather than more type of boat.

Keep the design consistency.

Why should the "design stay consistent"? Because you prefer round boats?

What is even the "design" of sailing? Has Klei officially said RoT is only meant to have a cookie boat?

There is no gameplay reason or limitation there shouldn't be more boats. All the tech is implemented, waiting to be expanded and explored.

The game isn't going to hold off adding more content because you arbitrarily prefer one boat shape.

I'm sorry but that sort of opinion sounds extremely selfish to say "no don't do anything" when there's obviously a niche waiting to be filled and many players expecting it to be.

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Why should the "design stay consistent"? Because you prefer round boats?

What is even the "design" of sailing? Has Klei officially said RoT is only meant to have a cookie boat?

There is no gameplay reason or limitation there shouldn't be more boats. All the tech is implemented, waiting to be expanded and explored.

The game isn't going to hold off adding more content because you arbitrarily prefer one boat shape.

I'm sorry but that sort of opinion sounds extremely selfish to say "no don't do anything" when there's obviously a niche waiting to be filled and many players expecting it to be.

I think there are 2 main reasons we have a round-shaped boat:

1) functional: one basically sails in all directions during any run with current DST boat mechanic, thus would look weird if having the classic irl hydrodynamic boat shape, yet you would sail in a side-way direction or towards its rear;

2) aesthetic: being part of the "Return of Them" macro-update that focuses on a Moon/Lunar theme, the round shape can also symbolize said Moon aka being also Moon-themed.

a crescent boat, a large square boat that cannot have a sail attached and a small fast cookie that goes double-speed when an oar is uesd over a sail would all be nice

the crescent could catch kelp and if the net gets used properly be a good catch for fish or wobsters or floaters. the large square could be a stable 'base' boat that doesnt sail very much but could remain still and fit several things like thinktanks and crockpots and a small cookie to go with the big square that can scout around during daylight hours then dock against the square at night so the map can be quickly charted without using up lots of resources

Archived