Logic gates new design is it terrible?

Logic gate designs are they any good?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinions on the updated graphics of the AND/OR & NOT gates?

• Previous old AND Gate was better
    • Previous old OR Gate was better
    • Previous old NOT Gate was better
    • Previous graphics were easier to use
    • New graphics are better

Some of the logic gates, were redesigned a while ago. The new graphics for some of these aren't very good IMO.  I refer namely to the AND/OR & NOT gates.  The AND/OR gates used to be easily differentiated by their symbol, now they have no symbol, just some indistinguishable graphic.  The NOT gate, has a line between the output & input, when designing a circuit, this line looks just like a wire, making it difficult to tell if there is a wire behind this or not.

Here is an example, which gate have I connected incorrectly?

NOTgate.png.9c8a229232c3e8c7c2552bad236d8d6e.png

You really have to zoom in and look closely to work out which one is wrong.

It's worse if you are building tiles also.

NOTgate2.png.5273108f97cdc590b0592440e6b40847.png

While the shape of the NOT gate is useful, the bar between inputs is very unhelpful.

Please fix these awful graphics for the logic gates, they are much less easy to use.

I definitely enjoy what Klei did, these feel much more appropriate for the environment and feel of the game. I see their change to the logic gates as following the change they made to the water storage asset. Originally it was too plain and simple, and felt out of place.

The bar down the middle of the NOT gate has tricked me in the past, and would appreciate a change to this. Maybe replace with a yin-yang. This aligns to how the red/green signals are opposite, but still interconnected.

What still makes me stop and think is the Filter and Buffer. In my line of work, we call these On Delay and Off Delay. But I like the names Klei uses and cannot wait time see the new assets they produce for the Filter and Buffer.

Archived