WX-78 Character Rework Concept

WX-78 is considered one of the best characters in the game, and yet he bringas nothing to the table for his allies, I know that he is a sentient robot without emphat, but there is 2 things that bother me one is that he doesn't look like a DST character and  that he don’t feels like a robot when you play him, he is just a Wilson ho wants to eat all the gears instead of letting people build fridges and flingomatics, and that’s why i’m writing this, I want to give, and the help of you guys, improve ideas for Wx be refreshed and more enjoyable to play with and along.

( New? ) Main Ability Upgrades: WX now has “levels” which are acquired by eating gears or with time because of his AI and lose levels by crafting gears, dying or changing character. The levels are 0 to 4 and he starts the game at level 1. With these levels Wx gains new abilities and existing ones turn more effective.

• LVL 0: Health: 100 to 150 Hunger: 100 to 131,25 Sanity: 100 to 137,5 ( New ) Charge: 0 to 25

• LVL 1: Health: 150 to 200 Hunger: 131,25 to 162,5 Sanity: 137,5 to 175 ( New ) Charge: 25 to 50

• LVL 2: Health: 200 to 250 Hunger: 162,5 to 193,75 Sanity: 175 to 212,5 ( New ) Charge: 50 to 75

• LVL 3: Health: 250 to 300 Hunger: 193,75 to 225 Sanity: 212,5 to 250 ( New ) Charge: 75 to 100

• LVL 4: Health: 300 Hunger: 225 Sanity: 250 ( New ) Charge: 100

Modifiers: 

• LVL 0: Damage: 0,75 The rest: 1,0

• LVL 1, 2 ,3 and 4: All of them: 1,0

Abilities:

( New? ) Upgrade: When WX survives one day or eat a gear he gains 5 max health, 6,25 max hunger,  7,5 max sanity and 5 max charge; When he eats 5 gears or survive 5 days he levels up, gaining adicional abilities; When WX eats a gear after level 4 he restores 30 health, 22,5 hunger, 25 sanity and 10 charge; If WX dies or the player change character he drops half of his current as gears and when is resurrect or changed back he comes back at level 0.

( New ) Deconstruction: WX can lose 10 max health, 6,25 max hunger, 7,5 max sanity and 5 max charge to craft a gear at th reffining tab. ( same ammount he gains by eating a gear or surviving one day ).

( New ) Charge: WX now has charge, something he consumes to make use of his abilities and give fuel to structures; He recharges instantly when struck by lightning and gradually by not doing an action that consumes charge; The speed that charge recharges is according to his hunger; When his charge is not full, according with his current state, his hunger drains 50% faster, if his hunger drops to 0 He will start to lose charge, instead of health, at an alarming hate, if his charge drops to 0 his base speed modifier will be 0,75 until he gains at least 5 charge, if his charge and hunger drops to 0 he instantanialy die.

Frail System: Wagstaff had difficulty trying to make his automaton waterproof so when WX is wet he takes damage, the damage increases with the wetness.

( New ) Electric Absorption: WX now attracts lightning the same way as a lightning rod; when he takes electric damage he heals instead of taking damage. When he is struck by lightning he recharges by 100, gains a valor equals to 10% of his atual max hunger in hunger, and loses a valor equals to 10 % of his atual max sanity in sanity.

This does work from level 1 to 4.

( New? ) Discharge: WX can use his charge to enter in a mode where he emits light and heath nearby, get Immunity to freezing and his base speed increases by 50%, he can activate and deactivate this whenever he pleases; he still loses the same ammout of sanity per minute wilhe in this state.

Can be used from Level 1 to 4.

( New? ) Overcharge: When WX is struck by lightning his charge meter breaks going up to 200 Max when this happens discharge is activated and can’t be deactivated until his charge drops back to his actual max.

( New ) Overheat: WX spends more charge when his temperature is high and less charge when it’s low.

( New? ) It’s only fuel: WX no longer heals from food, except for geely beans, but he always gains the full benefit of hunger and sanity.

( New ) Auto Repair: WX helas a small amount per second, based on his actual max health, when he is not fighting, interacting with structures, crafting or performing tasks; When not full health his charge will not recharge with time.

This does work from level 2 to 4.

( New ) Metal Body: WX now has 10% of damage absorption but healing itens have just 25% of the effectveness.

( New ) Electric defense: When WX is hit by something he deals 20 electric damage back, costing him 5 charge.

This does work from level 2 to 4.

( New ) Electric Offense: WX melee attacks are considered electric damage.

This does work from level 3 to 4.

( New ) Powerful discharge: WX can perform a ranged attack dealing 40 electric damage similar to that of the bishop using  20 charge.

This does work from level 4.

Notes:

English it's not my native language.

I'm not a programmer so none of this has been tested.

Thanks for reading =^_^=

image.png.d07cc7c5ed705c59d93c4dbb8779b793.png

I'm too lazy to read all of this right now, so I just want to make a complaint on WX-78. While they are a great character, with greatly balanced, WX-78, in a rogue survival cooperation game (a game whose mechanics also encourage a communist-like lifestyle), is pathetic at a conceptual level. Wolfgang, a character with little to team play-ability, can still aid his allies by hunting greater threats for more food.

Archived