[Experimental] - 428913

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

There's not much of note to players today - most of what we worked on was either behind the scenes modding stuff or unreleased content for Smith. We'll start public mod testing soon, though.

MODDING 

• Plax data can be added from a mod.  Textures, currently, must still be loaded from the core game.
  • Attach mod ids to more pieces of content.
  • CombatConditions now have their own CombatConditionDef for consistency.
  • Simplify some crufty code around work positions.  WORK_DATA is no longer Content, the tables exist already in the LocationDef.
  • Start adding a mod_id parameter to Content for differentiating core game from mod content.
  • Decks don't need a name, description or icon.  rook_player_decks.lua is not a thing.
  • Loc export permits exporting the core game, or enabled mods.

GAMEPLAY

• hook up UI for rook's new bogger outfit
  • Suppress Foolo after being bound and gagged so he doesn't hinder the negotiation.
  • Fix crash unlocking perks with the gamepad.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 2

oh also, this update broke my existing mod. my mod adds to the convo common string because there are common convo strings that I used across many places. i see that the for the common convo strings, it is now stored as a stringtable instead of a global variable. is there a way to append to the string table? when i also create a string table that starts with "CONVO_COMMON", it crashed because a string table that starts with "CONVO_COMMON" already existed.

(Also how do you save plax to mod folders?)

Edited by RageLeague
  • Sad Dupe 1

• Developer
14 hours ago, RageLeague said:

oh also, this update broke my existing mod. my mod adds to the convo common string because there are common convo strings that I used across many places. i see that the for the common convo strings, it is now stored as a stringtable instead of a global variable. is there a way to append to the string table? when i also create a string table that starts with "CONVO_COMMON", it crashed because a string table that starts with "CONVO_COMMON" already existed.

(Also how do you save plax to mod folders?)

In the next experimental build, you can add your own StringTable whose top-level entry is CONVO_COMMON.  This will merge any of the strings in that table with the game's base CONVO_COMMON string table.

As for the plaxes, the issue is that in the production build of the game saving to the install directory is compiled out.  I'll be working on a solution to that, possibly some extra UI in the editor so that they can be saved to a mod folder directly.  This is something that needs to be figured out for each game tool unfortunately.

Also, I'm gonna plug the new Mod subforum here -- head on over there for all your modding questions and answers. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2