Roofs. Rooves? uhhhh. Tops of houses.

Even when you've completed your base after hundreds of days, everything you have is really just chilling outside on the dirt floor, and in the rain and snow. There's already walls in the game, so why can't we just have a canopy, tarp, roof to complete some kind of shelter. This shelter would also be great to protect from rain, like how trees currently help a little to protect from rain. Your things will remain dry, and you'd feel more at home i think.

here's my amateur photoshopping for concept idea. The roof becomes transparent when you enter so you can see what's inside.

house1.thumb.jpg.70f21d12324b6e0ab9c6654852271072.jpghouse2.thumb.jpg.1f6553925ab0d0a91b3e8852fe5aedb1.jpg

Then another suggestion is to make skins for walls so that houses can look pretty.

It would work like that, but like an actual shelter. I dont think they'd port over the same thing from shipwrecked. Like how they entirely reimagined how boating should work for dst. Boats bigger for more players. A roof for a base would work in DST cuz more players too.

The roof should be visible on only red places I drawed. The blue sketchs should be tottaly clear bc a roof like you shared is tottaly annoying. Also klei should add a mechanic like that. If character became back of wall (yellow zones), wall should be invisible (yellow sketches), And if a roof don't have any wall it can break. That kind of update would be crazy. Great idea, but not sure dst game engine can handle it. 

image.png.2cc37fd4d5e08c499db6a9144e8da604.png

yeah good demonstration. I think there are some mods that make the cave pillars and some structures transparent. It'd be a good QoL addition just to add that to the game as an option, so people dont need that mod. There's quite a few things that are big enough to block your vision. Yeah it probably should be totally clear as well.

environmental issues stop becoming an issue the second you get an eyebrella. I love progression and I love this prototype of shelter. To be honest, it will probably add an additional challenge of keeping it safe since if implemented, klei will want it flammable and very hard to fix.

Wilderness survival ends 1 or 2 years in if you're a veteran, 5 or more if you're intermediate, or day 1 if you're in the caves.

I'm for progression such as this. I hope we can customize this sort of structure to make it fit themes like gothic, victorian, modest cottage.

tbh, i would prefer a hammerspace cottage like in hamlet but failing that, this is the next best thing.

Archived