What's the point of sparing Rook's day 3 bosses?

For every run I've killed them for their death loot, but on my last one I spared Flefkis - and all I get is his social bane? Is this like Sal's assassins where they can join you later on, or is it solely for 100% completion? 

image.png

I always spared them, but they just disappear and give you their bane for the rest of the run. I always fought killing them would have consequences, but apparently the only thing that happens is that you get an extra negotiation if you end up siding with the faction of the liutenant you killed. I always fought it was weird you can't negotiate with them to explain you're actually planning to betray the other faction. Also, why do you never see them again? You'd think that if they caught wind of you being buddy buddy with another faction that they would say it right away to their respective leader.

20 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

If you spare, on the day 4 ambush you can immediately join the enemy faction instead of negotiating to join the enemy faction. You'll get a fresh faction toolbox when you join, so it may be better to easily join the enemy instead of getting death loot.

One of the things that bother me the most in Griftlands is that you already know the future consequences of your actions, letting you plan ahead, feels like cheating almost. That alone really hurts replayability, making the game not exactly roguelike as it often being described.

58 minutes ago, WildmanOfBorneo said:

My greatest question is how do you earn the love of the day 3 bosses? Can earn their banes by sparing them, but I wanna know what their boons are so much! (Especially Flekfis. I love him but he has yet to love me TT_TT) 

Brawl, or get lucky with the perk that makes people who like you love you instead. Though, I'm yet to see Oolo, Nadan, Flekfis or Arint in the bar myself. Seen Sparky and Jeol in Sal's campaign after sparing em, too.

3 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Brawl, or get lucky with the perk that makes people who like you love you instead. Though, I'm yet to see Oolo, Nadan, Flekfis or Arint in the bar myself. Seen Sparky and Jeol in Sal's campaign after sparing em, too.

Yeah I haven't seen any of them either. Seen Hanbi and Zyn in the bar too, but I've not seen the bosses in question there either. It's pretty snazzy that some of the bosses do show up and you can recruit them (I love the loyalty mutator, the more people I recruit into my cult the more powerful I grow :cool:)

3 hours ago, Scrumch said:

I actually got Flekfis' boon after I killed him, since he died while he liked me and the Charming perk bugged out and gave me his boon.

HUH! Noice! Bugs are fun X3

Archived