Perk Tactics

What are people's thoughts on Perks so far?

I find the combination of Handy and Researcher to work really well, many items are balanced by only having few uses, so adding 1 extra use is already useful by itself, but you also get 10 Shills for every item use expended, which quickly adds up. It seems particularly good for Rook, Lockbox becomes a big moneymaker, the War Machine social boon gives a 3-use RPG every day, which is also 30 free Shills. Killing enemies for their death loot also becomes a valuable source of income, especially if you can get even more death loot by hate-provocation kills. The combination gives a more powerful deck overall and gives you more shills, what more  could you really ask for?

Anyone else found any good combos?

I personally haven't bothered with any of these gimmicky options. Just HP, Resolve, and extra graft slots on Sal and HP with reduced XP requirements for all cards on Rook.

Also, bit confused about some perks. Are you able to recruit a friend for free with "Partner in Crime" in both Campaign and Brawl? How much Panic do "Terror" kills inflict? Do "Charming" and "Forgiveness" last a single day or an entire run?

Not tested many combinations but on highest Prestige i've been going with:

Faster levelling on basic cards, just to destroy them asap, they level really fast.

Faster levelling on all cards that are not basic, this is insane for ability cards (primarily those that take 3 XP to level up, but usually cost 2 actions).

This means that you only have to play these cards ONCE! Being able to upgrade them to Pale, after just playing them once, makes adding Ability cards to your deck way more appealing.

Another huge benefit is that you will be able to level your Bog Cards way faster than usual, which gives us Bog Boil for Negotiations (super helpful towards the late game to keep us healthy vs Glofriam). For Battle we get Bog Symbiosis, every time you cast it on an enemy Bog Burr, your max HP increases by 3. So if you manage to get this one early, this could be huge.

This also counts for "Deep Bog Secret" normally a bit of chore to level up, it also becomes a way more appealing card. It also makes the quest from Grimdellia easier, giving us an extra negotiation with her and her social boon.

The final one I took is the one that gives you an extra battle & negotiation graft-slot with Rook so you start with 4 for each on highest prestige.

At Prestige 6 with Sal I really like Innate Connection (Pets are trained) with Animal Handling (2 pets) and basic training. While it's good for combat I've found it great for negotiation. That constant 3 + 3 damage really helps early on if you can quickly grab 2 pets. Not saying it's the best combo, but I've found it to be a fun one.

Archived