Generator tuning sometimes is a waste of labor

We usually introduce automation in our power system, which means we keep tracking the consumption of power, and feedback to the generator to save resource. The mechanism of generator tuning is a contradiction to this strategy. Making full using of tuning buff means the generator must be working constantly, which means we lose the choice of dynamic equilibrium.

When the generator is shut down for saving resource, tuning buff will become a waste of engineer's labor. Please do something to change this. For example make the buff stop counting down when generator is off.

This problem could be solved measuring the tune up lifetime in watts instead of time. That way, a 5000 watt tune up could be used when it produces all those surplus watts insted of 3 days. That way, even a manual generator tune up could be worth it.

I also think the metal in the chip should be retrieved. Tune up chips cost time of an able dupe to install and time (or oxygen) is a resourse in this game.

Agree, the tune up thing is broken all around.
3 cycles is way too low, takes way too much time to setup and once you have your power sorted, it no longer matters.

Power is something we have in such abudance that a few extra watts here and there make 0 difference.
I would love to see tune up options for manufacture buildings which decrease their time for production.
Tune up for metal refinery, rock crusher or others.

9 hours ago, alexkuzmov said:

Power is something we have in such abudance that a few extra watts here and there make 0 difference.
I would love to see tune up options for manufacture buildings which decrease their time for production.
Tune up for metal refinery, rock crusher or others.

You're not accounting for different playstyles.  Some people, myself included, play with smaller, more compact builds, so the option to get more out of less is welcome.

Archived