Petroleum Boiler Critique!

Please tear my Boiler to shreds, I'd like for it to become stupid proof. While still somewhat simple enough for anyone to be able to understand it.

Capture.PNG.04688cc0422dcfd29fdba20de2504be8.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.48d3b3192a16a6b84f7cc048f62ada92.PNG

So far without failing can it:

• Turned on or of constantly.
  • Partially or fully starved of Power/Magma/Oil
  • Left on for 1000 plus cycles without issue
  • Run for 500 cycles turned of for an additional 500 cycles and begin functioning again with some potential repair.
  • Be feed the wrong liquids 450 cycles in a row.
  • Have the Petroleum output pipe back up.

The two main things that I've discovered that it can be broken by, is dropping magma straight into the hole that the magma blade comes from through a bottle emptier. And pretty obviously blocking the liquid filters output pipe long enough for the liquid inside of the insulated pipe to heat up and crack.

It only consumes 0,7952 kg/s of magma so any regular volcano can power it. (Got one for Minor volcano too but haven't recieved the same amount of testing over time.)  I was a bit surprised by the fact that my math was almost spot on, as I ussually mess it up or have some heat deletion bug mess with the results. 

34 minutes ago, mortenbroesby said:

Hey @DangerTeddyBear - It would be awesome if you share the relevant overlays :)

Except for the magma injection this is very similar to this:

The main difference is that this version uses that trick where magma debris is teleported diagonally. So you don't have to get rid of it. The right part is the same. And other principles explained in the video like the whole magma behavior still apply

10 hours ago, DangerTeddyBear said:

Please tear my Boiler to shreds, I'd like for it to become stupid proof. While still somewhat simple enough for anyone to be able to understand it

To shreds you say?
Nevermind understanding it, I wouldn't be able to replicate it because you didn't show the automation overlay. Perhaps download the Better Automation Overlay mod and screenshot it.

It looks good. Although personally I would prefer to do something with the igneous rock, doing so would be counter to the goal of being as simple as possible.

5 minutes ago, Nxf7 said:

To shreds you say?
Nevermind understanding it, I wouldn't be able to replicate it because you didn't show the automation overlay. Perhaps download the Better Automation Overlay mod and screenshot it.

It looks good. Although personally I would prefer to do something with the igneous rock, doing so would be counter to the goal of being as simple as possible.

Sorry completely forgot at the time, first time making a post on here so don't know how to edit the post but here.

And I didn't really bother to add the complexity of taking out the igneous I only use them temporarily myself and it would only be able to feed 3,4 of them.

Capture.thumb.PNG.48d3b3192a16a6b84f7cc048f62ada92.PNG

1 hour ago, oosyrag said:

Why do people make the heat exchanger so long? It would probably work fine with just 2 or even 1 leg at that length.

It's to only consume a certain amount of magma, in this case its made so you can put it down on any volcano no matter how unlucky you are with it.

17 hours ago, space astray said:

does this petroleum boiler needs space materials?

No it only requires steel, I made a reddit post about it.

Which is: Here

12 hours ago, oosyrag said:

Why do people make the heat exchanger so long? It would probably work fine with just 2 or even 1 leg at that length.

Maybe if you use space material for the pipe but every one I have ever made has needed to be at least 4 tiers high 

2 hours ago, peachkillu said:

Maybe if you use space material for the pipe but every one I have ever made has needed to be at least 4 tiers high 

Nah thats nonsense, last I checked I think the rough rule of thumb was 12 pieces of aluminium radiant piping per 5kg throughput (as an example).

Archived