Add the option to disable sea content

*Before you reply, please consider reading until the end and if you make an argument that I already answered to, give a counter argument*.

In DST, I noticed something: sea content tends to make the game lag more. Now, this lag would not be that big of a deal if you are not fighting bosses. However, in a boss fight, even a bit amount of lag can screw you and get you hit. Before the sea update came in, I never had issues.

Now, I am NOT asking for the sea content to be removed: I am asking for it to be an option so that you can remove it if your pc is "bad". The benefits would be that it would allow players with a less good pc to play without the game being unfun due to lag.

Now, I will already answer to your replies:

1: "Looks like somebody needs to get a real job and get the money for a new pc. Go work and stop annoying us with your problems with the game that only affect you". Here is my reply: not everyone can get a new pc. Childrens might not have parents that are willing to pay for a new pc and its not in their control: same for people who have a limited amount of money and cannot afford good computers. In some cases, it is not their fault. I think that it would be worth it to allow those people to play with less lag considering that it would be easy to implement.

2: " Looks like a noob needs to git gud. Lag just adds more challenge and I play with it all the time". The thing is: there is a difference between artificial difficulty which buffs something without making it cooler (just making the fight more frustrating) and true difficulty (giving the thing cool powers and abilities).

3: "Learn to enjoy what you have, you do not need boss battles to have fun. The time you have enjoying the survival aspect is enough to stop crying". 2 things here: first, having a lot of cool fights unavailable due to lag is quite bad and enough to cut the time I will spend on that game by half. Not to mention that sometimes, you just need to fight something, for example spiders to get silk. 

4: "Why are there so many mistakes in this post?*. I am sorry for this: english is not my first language. 

This would not take much time implement: they are a lot of options in the world configuration, so if Klei had the time to add those, then why would they struggle to just add the option to disable the arguably useless sea content, which would be just one option? Why would Klei not do something that takes very few time and can completely change the game play experience for some people?

Hi. I just want to use this as an opportunity for a small community standards lesson. 

Each time anybody makes a post, they are setting the tone for the replies that follow. 

"Looks like somebody needs to get a real job and get the money for a new pc. Go work and stop annoying us with your problems with the game that only affect you

This sets a tone, an argumentative tone when it's entirely unnecessary. I recognize that this was probably unintentional and likely meant to add some levity into the post, however - then I get report from people who interpret these types of messages in different ways. 

So, all I am saying is first, please keep this in mind when making posts. And second, please keep this in mind when replying. I expect everybody to be respectful and polite to each other regardless of how you interpret somebody else's posts.  

I am noticing a lot of bickering lately and it's good to remember that this community is one with a common interest. You may agree or disagree about what should be done or how, but we're all kind of here to hang out and talk about some things we like. So, have fun. =)

Thx. 

There are options when hosting a world to choose to spawn that world as Together version, or Classic Version..

And while I’m pretty sure that Currently the only thing this changes is rather or not things like Dragonfly’s DST Biome will spawn.. I see this as an opportunity to choose to play the game with Return of Them Content enabled with its sailable sea & stuff, or with the original DS’s flat non-sailable cardboard cutout sea instead.

This also re-opens up previously closed doors.. because without Boats and Boat Kits, Klei can add those mazes and blockades that DS solo Adventures Mode has.

While I’m not entirely sure if any of that is at all possible, it sure sounds nice to talk about. :) 

Archived